onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

(OVF) Smurthwaite warns players over futures

Guest OVF Feature

Heres a thought for Mr Page - Let Mark Grew and Dean Glover have their oppinions, and, as valued members of the greater Port Vale team, listen carefully to the advice and opinions they offer. Think carefully, mull it over, take care to take into account their experiences as PLAYERS and then as part of the management setups they have been part of. Do it with due deference to their age etc etc.

AND THEN ****ING IGNORE IT and do your own thing because its YOUR job on the line -

OOps - forgot the last line ......... And if they dont like it - they can always spit their dummies out and go and get other jobs at the vast array of clubs that are lining up to throw money at them

Advert

For years we have been a club where many ex players have returned in coaching / management roles saying how much they love the club.

Could that be because no-one else will employ them?

here's another thing,if they suddenly start playing like those at the top why haven't they done it from day 1, I would consider that a **** take on their part,

I wonder what Tom Pope thinks about Smurfs comments

Hopefully they will have hit home! Tom has been woefully short of form virtually all season and IMO looks a long way short of the prolific scorer we saw two seasons ago. Although in some ways I would be saddened to see his departure, no player is bigger than the club and we currently desperately need a goal scorer!

Hopefully they will have hit home! Tom has been woefully short of form virtually all season and IMO looks a long way short of the prolific scorer we saw two seasons ago. Although in some ways I would be saddened to see his departure, no player is bigger than the club and we currently desperately need a goal scorer!

Maybe he has been short of form but he is still the leading scorer!

For years we have been a club where many ex players have returned in coaching / management roles saying how much they love the club.

Could that be because no-one else will employ them?

It does beg the question.

We need a clearout end of.

Whether Rob page is the man to do that, I'm not so sure?

Playing for their future???

Chairman/manager and fans already know very well which half dozen or so need to go and which half dozen or so need contracting up A.S.A.P.

I get your point but it's not that simple is it? Some have to stay for squad density. Louis Dodds is only still here to make up the numbers and I fully expect him to be next term- mainly because he tries every game. I was all for him bogging off six months ago but I was wrong and I'm not proud enough to deny it

I get your point but it's not that simple is it? Some have to stay for squad density. Louis Dodds is only still here to make up the numbers and I fully expect him to be next term- mainly because he tries every game. I was all for him bogging off six months ago but I was wrong and I'm not proud enough to deny it

He's been one of our most consistent players since Page took over (probably because he plays him in the middle). I'd be very disappointed if we got rid of him, particularly for the wages I imagine he is on.

He's been one of our most consistent players since Page took over (probably because he plays him in the middle). I'd be very disappointed if we got rid of him, particularly for the wages I imagine he is on.

I used Dodds as an example from last summer who, I think it's fair to say, has never shone for a prolonged period beforehand. He just fitted the profile taking into account ability, wage demands etc.

For the record, I think Dodds has been excellent this year. I'm genuinely aghast I said I'd rather have Chris Lines than him at one point

TFFT Smurf....Now carry through on the actions, terminate those that arent good enough NOW or at least ensure they are away from 1st team picture & get a manager who has some balls to play these youngsters & give them a go...our defence cant possibly be any worse than it is now.

Page himself is another who needs to go....one dimensional....no plan b....

Come on smurf you act all tough withfans so let see you do it with those under performing, over paid wasters & i include page in that given the amount of players hes had this season & not managed to do anything with.

Archived