onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Oh dear Micky.

Howjy04

Micky Adams played a huge part in getting Vale to where we are now, just can't understand why some fans don't accept or at least acknowledge this.

Tony Pulis played a huge part in getting Stoke to where they are but there's a limit to watch paint dry football and people pay to be entertained don't they?

Advert

I'm not Micky's biggest fan but Christ ,Tranmere had just been unbeaten in 5 games before they lost 0-2 to Hartlepool.The thread started just after that defeat.Im glad Vale fans have a bit more patience.

:rolleyes:

My mistake,the thread started yesterday after 1 point from Hartlepool,Newport and York games.3 games to go?

The football was garbage though wasn't it? I remember that 2-2 draw away at Rochdale in the promotion year in which game we threw away automatic promotion, in that game we were mediocre and if I recall we were lucky to scrape over the line against Northampton which also ended 2-2 at home.

Are you actually a Vale fan? The result at Rochdale was irrelevant because of other results, so it wasn't thrown away at all. You recall? It's indelibly inked in my memory as the day we went up, save for a10 goal+ trouncing at Wycombe (we drew 1-1). Another 7-1 would have been nice but hey ho. (We beat Burton 7-1 in case you missed it).

The football was irrelevant. Did we or did we not get the job done? End of argument.

As for being in the same place as Tranmere JY, I've never heard such rot. He took us from that position! Put your dummy back in and give the man the credit he obviously deserves.

The football was garbage though wasn't it? I remember that 2-2 draw away at Rochdale in the promotion year in which game we threw away automatic promotion, in that game we were mediocre and if I recall we were lucky to scrape over the line against Northampton which also ended 2-2 at home.

Odd that you don't seem to recall the :

3-0 opening defeat of Barnet at home,

The 3-1 away victory at Morecambe,

6-2 mauling of Rotherham

3-1 Win at Plymouth

5-2 Victory at Fleetwood

1-0 Away win at Bradford,

2-0 away win at Exeter,

3-0 drubbing of Oxford

and the 4-0 win over Wycombe.......

all before the end of October.......of course I could go on, but then I suppose you could quote other games where we failed to pick up 3 points but yes, 'Garbage' is a word you could associate with the 'football' played that season........personally I like to look back with a slightly 'Rosier' view.

Odd that you don't seem to recall the :

3-0 opening defeat of Barnet at home,

The 3-1 away victory at Morecambe,

6-2 mauling of Rotherham

3-1 Win at Plymouth

5-2 Victory at Fleetwood

1-0 Away win at Bradford,

2-0 away win at Exeter,

3-0 drubbing of Oxford

and the 4-0 win over Wycombe.......

all before the end of October.......of course I could go on, but then I suppose you could quote other games where we failed to pick up 3 points but yes, 'Garbage' is a word you could associate with the 'football' played that season........personally I like to look back with a slightly 'Rosier' view.

Cant argue with that record but you must agree the 2nd half of the season reports a different story with the exception of the Burton game we fell and rolled over the finish line.

I wouldnt have fancied going to Wycombe having to get a result and certainly wouldnt have fancied the play offs.

'I wouldnt have fancied going to Wycombe having to get a result and certainly wouldnt have fancied the play offs'

But thanks to those results we didn't need to. A season is 46 games long and over that period we were worthy of our Promotion spot. Picking one or two games to berate a manager who got us 'up' given our off the field problems over the earlier times smacks of a lack of understanding of the 'bigger picture' in my view.......but of course that's only 'my view' and such be seen as thus.........Carl is and should always be allowed his own view.

I genuinely don't like Adams....

I'm sure that when Adams retires and he reflects on all that he has achieved in his career, which is a lot, both as a player and manger, he will be devastated that you didn't like him. What have you ever achieved in your own life?

Cant argue with that record but you must agree the 2nd half of the season reports a different story with the exception of the Burton game we fell and rolled over the finish line.

I wouldnt have fancied going to Wycombe having to get a result and certainly wouldnt have fancied the play offs.

Does it really matter how we did in the 1st or 2nd half of a season? A season is judged as a whole, all 46 games. After 46 games we got automatic promotion, had the best goal difference, the most goals scored, the 4th best defence and the nations top scorer. How can anyone argue with that? The only time a poor end to a successful season should be a concern is if it hinders the next season. We came 9th in the league above. Our highest place for a decade. Adams did a fantastic job for Vale and anyone who tries to paint a different story (not saying you are) is either deluded or bitter or both.

Are you actually a Vale fan? The result at Rochdale was irrelevant because of other results, so it wasn't thrown away at all. You recall? It's indelibly inked in my memory as the day we went up, save for a10 goal+ trouncing at Wycombe (we drew 1-1). Another 7-1 would have been nice but hey ho. (We beat Burton 7-1 in case you missed it).

The football was irrelevant. Did we or did we not get the job done? End of argument.

As for being in the same place as Tranmere JY, I've never heard such rot. He took us from that position! Put your dummy back in and give the man the credit he obviously deserves.

No.

I'm sure that when Adams retires and he reflects on all that he has achieved in his career, which is a lot, both as a player and manger, he will be devastated that you didn't like him. What have you ever achieved in your own life?

I won Takeshi's Castle.

Archived