onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

The Confidentiality Game

Glen Oliver has requested Mark Sims signs a confidentiality agreement while

Bratt has stated that any shareholder can come and see the books.

There is therefore obviously no issue of confidentiality should Mark Sims decide to send out confidential stuff to shareholders.

Therefore and not simply after a "brief overview" but instead after a full inspection of the books could not Mark Sims send out a detailed and concise

report based upon the independent findings of the real state of the clubs levels of debts and loss set against the actual ground valuation....the owners

have a right to know and as part of the democratic process the shareholders

then have the facts that could result in another EGM.

Advert

Glen Oliver has requested Mark Sims signs a confidentiality agreement while

Bratt has stated that any shareholder can come and see the books.

There is therefore obviously no issue of confidentiality should Mark Sims decide to send out confidential stuff to shareholders.

I can only conclude there's two sets of books and it all depends which set you see :rolleyes: :ohmy:

I think people are forgetting the fact that confidentiality clauses of some sort are standard business practice. If there was anything that bad in the books, as a lot of people are thinking there will be, legal action could be taken against the club by the shareholders regardless. As a result, I can't really see the harm of Mark signing a limited confidentiality clause of some sort so that he can get his hands on the books and can make a true assessment on the state of the clubs finances. Then we might be in a position to move forward in a way which Mark and NLV see fit.

I think people are forgetting the fact that confidentiality clauses of some sort are standard business practice. If there was anything that bad in the books, as a lot of people are thinking there will be, legal action could be taken against the club by the shareholders regardless. As a result, I can't really see the harm of Mark signing a limited confidentiality clause of some sort so that he can get his hands on the books and can make a true assessment on the state of the clubs finances. Then we might be in a position to move forward in a way which Mark and NLV see fit.

If he signs a confidentiality clause that means he cant discuss things with NLV and they will have to do their own due dilligence no doubt taking even longer

The problem Mark has is he's always publically stated once he's inside Vale fans will be made aware of things they need to know regarding the running of the club - that doesn't have to be confidential information, just being more open as V2001 once promised and if he signs he's going to be tied to their version of the official secrets act of tell no one and say nothing

Ok, so it's not ideal, but if he walks away, having seen the books, then we all know there's big problems. I think there's some things we just have to put up with for now, on the basis that we can't change them just yet.

If there isn't a problem with the finances, and he accepts, then we know there's less to worry about for now, at least.

I think we just need to get on with it and stop second-guessing what may or may not happen. Rumours really don't help - facts and actions do.

You miss the point. One of the major reasons for wanting change has been the secrecy surrounding the club. 'For Us All', remember.

Ok, so it's not ideal, but if he walks away, having seen the books, then we all know there's big problems. I think there's some things we just have to put up with for now, on the basis that we can't change them just yet.

If there isn't a problem with the finances, and he accepts, then we know there's less to worry about for now, at least.

I think we just need to get on with it and stop second-guessing what may or may not happen. Rumours really don't help - facts and actions do.

That's an interesting one.

He looks at the book's then say's "no way" and walk's away saying nothing.This then set's alarm bells ringing to creditor's.Creditor's then become a little worried and start banging on the doors demanding repayment.Even more so any creditors who are behind.

That's an interesting one.

He looks at the book's then say's "no way" and walk's away saying nothing.This then set's alarm bells ringing to creditor's.Creditor's then become a little worried and start banging on the doors demanding repayment.Even more so any creditors who are behind.

Yes, exactly my point.....and if it IS that bad, then surely that's the only sane thing to do.

You miss the point. One of the major reasons for wanting change has been the secrecy surrounding the club. 'For Us All', remember.

I prefer to pick a fight I have a slight chance of winning, rather than spending ages complaining that it's not fair that his dad's bigger than my dad......it may be the point, but it's going to make beggar all difference......

Have just read the senile and what oliver is spouting is in my view a load of tripe. Football is different than a normal commercial business. Only a week ago he was telling Sims to hurry up. Now its 'don't do this and that'. They are clearly hiding stuff. I believe that shareholders should have the ability to access the books and not just some audited (or not in some cases) set of Accounts. Let's face it, how many shareholders understand Accounts?

We are talking about a director elected by 80% of the shareholders, also backed by the clubs largest shareholder, what is Mark`s duty to those shareholders? Surely they have a right to know, and could be told under a confidentiality aggrement. Compare that to Micky backed by Meigh. Suppose Mark walks away, is Micky depending on Mark`s due diligence to protect him, or has he some confidential indemnity clause with his backers?

Hi Cavalier great minds think similar.

Archived