onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Cricket World Cup 2015

Robbie Earle's Perm

Yeah we would have won!! :D

You hate officials in all sports then? ;)

They made one mistake, for which they apologised, far, far, far less than the England cricket team or should I replace the word team with shambles?

It's not a question of hating officials. And I can understand mistakes being made in terms of what an umpire sees. Getting an LBW wrong is forgiveable - it's a judgement call. Getting a run out wrong is forgiveable - it's a split second decision. That's why we have the reveiw system. But I'm afraid that not knowing the rules is not forgiveable and the officials should be removed for a game or two. The fact that there were five officials involved in this decision and none of them appeared to know the rule is actually quite scandalous. I know England were complete rubbish and I know the decision made no difference to the result but just imagine if we had needed three runs to win and they had done that!!! And I'm sure James Taylor was delighted that their incompetence denied him the opportunity of a maiden century at the MCG.

Advert

I doubt it Jacko. If they reprimanded Dharmasena every time he got a decision wrong, he would have been out of the game long ago. Unfortunately, too many of the top umpires are English and Australian so I can see another summer where the standard of the umpiring is talked about as much as the feats of the players.

Pretty much the same as in football then,there's as much analysis of the referees now as there is of the players and the managers since slow-mo came in,still I suppose it keeps all the pundits in a job?:rolleyes:

We will do better than some think, Australia clearly right up there and will outplay most sides. I'd bring a batsmen in for bopara. Hales or balance.

If we can't get out of the group stage, we don't deserve to be considered "better" than anyone thinks! The next game against N. Zealand is the real tester! Great result today for Ireland. Not to detract from their achievement, but it does unfortunately show how far West Indies cricket has fallen! Now gives Ireland a great opportunity to reach the quarters!

Pretty much the same as in football then,there's as much analysis of the referees now as there is of the players and the managers since slow-mo came in,still I suppose it keeps all the pundits in a job?:rolleyes:

The difference with Test cricket FUA is sometimes they are still making mistakes with the benefit of TV replays.

It's not a question of hating officials. And I can understand mistakes being made in terms of what an umpire sees. Getting an LBW wrong is forgiveable - it's a judgement call. Getting a run out wrong is forgiveable - it's a split second decision. That's why we have the reveiw system. But I'm afraid that not knowing the rules is not forgiveable and the officials should be removed for a game or two. The fact that there were five officials involved in this decision and none of them appeared to know the rule is actually quite scandalous. I know England were complete rubbish and I know the decision made no difference to the result but just imagine if we had needed three runs to win and they had done that!!! And I'm sure James Taylor was delighted that their incompetence denied him the opportunity of a maiden century at the MCG.

Don't get me wrong I was cheering when Taylor was given not out and then screaming when they asked for the run out verdict and the fact the Aussies didn't call Anderson back but mistakes are mistakes, by your logic 10 out of 11 england players should be dropped for a game or two as they made far more terrible decisions during the game and have done for 4 games against the Aussies now in the last month.

by your logic 10 out of 11 england players should be dropped for a game or two as they made far more terrible decisions during the game

I wouldn't argue that England were very poor and I wouldn't argue against any team changes for the NZ game but I would challenge you to tell me where any of the England players made two major mistakes from the same ball as the officials did, first by giving the incorrect LBW and then by having an insufficient grasp of the rules (surely the prime requirement for their role) to give the run out. And all of this done with the assistance of the TV cameras and a considerable length of time to discuss their response. This wasn't a mistake made in the heat of battle like dropping a catch or playing a daft shot. Whatever you say, REP, such incompetence is simply not acceptable and if players should be dropped for being useless ******s then so should the officials.

I'm hacked of, the tournament isn't being shown in the USA on tv (I already pay for two sport packages), it's being streamed live on-line for an exorbitant fee and the BBC commentary is also blocked, so as the games are mainly during the night and I'll be away for many of them this cricket lover is not going to bite. I just can't understand the ICC being party to cricket fans worldwide not seeing the games and missing an opportunity to broaden the following of cricket by selling the rights to ESPN who were never going to show the games on tv, especially in the USA, as the student big yawn basketball tourney is on for some of Feb and March.

Anyone know a safe website streaming the games, Wiziwig has apparently been shut down.

Don't get me wrong I was cheering when Taylor was given not out and then screaming when they asked for the run out verdict and the fact the Aussies didn't call Anderson back but mistakes are mistakes' date=' by your logic 10 out of 11 england players should be dropped for a game or two as they made far more terrible decisions during the game and have done for 4 games against the Aussies now in the last month.[/quote']

Australia are simply a far better side than most, for me them and New Zealand are far ahead at the moment. I don't personally think were as bad as some make out. We will beat everyone other than Australia New Zealand and South Africa IMO.

I'm hacked of, the tournament isn't being shown in the USA on tv (I already pay for two sport packages), it's being streamed live on-line for an exorbitant fee and the BBC commentary is also blocked, so as the games are mainly during the night and I'll be away for many of them this cricket lover is not going to bite. I just can't understand the ICC being party to cricket fans worldwide not seeing the games and missing an opportunity to broaden the following of cricket by selling the rights to ESPN who were never going to show the games on tv, especially in the USA, as the student big yawn basketball tourney is on for some of Feb and March.

Anyone know a safe website streaming the games, Wiziwig has apparently been shut down.

Cricfree is brilliant. Has loads of channels and in top quality

Archived