onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

10th Jan 2015, Chesterfield v Port Vale, pre-match, the match itself.

Fosse69

Best risk giving him a chance while we are winning games and our striker is scoring goals then.

I never said to give him a chance at this very moment in time. There have been many occasions in which he could have been given a chance, when Williamson wasnt scoring and quite frankly wasnt league 1 standard, and in games such as MK Dons away and Coventry at home, Gillingham away for a longer amount of time. Not to mention the many matches before he was finally named on the bench.

Advert

I never said to give him a chance at this very moment in time. There have been many occasions in which he could have been given a chance, when Williamson wasnt scoring and quite frankly wasnt league 1 standard, and in games such as MK Dons away and Coventry at home, Gillingham away for a longer amount of time. Not to mention the many matches before he was finally named on the bench.

He had a good start to the season and was dropped the moment Slew arrived, making the odd sub appearance here and there, Pope got injured and Slew got sent off that's the only reason he started again. You do realise he has only started the last 6 games and how many of them has he played the full 90? This is probably one of the longest run of starts he's had. Don't worry though when Pope is back he will get dropped regardless. Don't recall fans wanting Popey dropped when he went 8 games without scoring playing the full 90. Willo can only dream of getting that kind of loyalty!

Willo didn't start against MK Dons away...

Willo didn't start against MK Dons away...

Never said he did!!! I said that campion has deserved a chance and should have been given one in matches that we were losing by the goal! I don't see what Williamson not starting has to do with anything... But you just constantly what to bring up the fact that I think Williamson still has a long way to go, even though I have credited him in recent weeks.

Edit: that dosent even mean to be brought on over Williamson. Mk dons away was one of the most frustrating games I've seen and when birchall came on instead of another striker I knew we would get nothing. Campion or any other striker should have been brought on that game and in other matches in which we've been chasing a win.

Never said he did!!! I said that campion has deserved a chance and should have been given one in matches that we were losing by the goal! I don't see what Williamson not starting has to do with anything... But you just constantly what to bring up the fact that I think Williamson still has a long way to go, even though I have credited him in recent weeks.

Edit: that dosent even mean to be brought on over Williamson. Mk dons away was one of the most frustrating games I've seen and when birchall came on instead of another striker I knew we would get nothing. Campion or any other striker should have been brought on that game and in other matches in which we've been chasing a win.

I stand corrected said the man in the orthopaedic shoes, you did state when he wasn't scoring though, and like I said how many people want Pope dropped when he goes through his dry patches?

I stand corrected said the man in the orthopaedic shoes, you did state when he wasn't scoring though, and like I said how many people want Pope dropped when he goes through his dry patches?

I did state that and looking at his last few performances I was clearly wrong, I just hope he can keep this form going. And to be fair (it would take a while to find) but I did actually want pope dropped/rested at times last season. Not just because of a lack of goals but he didn't look for, certainly at times this year against notts county. For me at the minute I'm more than happy for Williamson to start and to keep proving me wrong. Now we seem to have a striker doing well campion does have to wait his chance.

Chesterfield is indeed a popular away day amongst the Vale faithful. Still never been their new ground before, though did see us at the old Saltergate on three occasions, including the memorable and classic 5-0 demolition job on them on our last ever visit there. We truly put to rest our abysmal away record there that day.

Ironically, it was Rico and Craig Davies who ran riot that day with poor Rob Page at the back for the Spireites at the time.:laugh:

Plenty of good pubs in Chesterfield, always enjoy visits there, can see why it's a popular away day. Think we took a good 2,000+ there during our promotion season and circa 1,500 season before that; reckon a good 1,200-1,400 will make the journey on Saturday maybe?

Chesterfield is indeed a popular away day amongst the Vale faithful. Still never been their new ground before, though did see us at the old Saltergate on three occasions, including the memorable and classic 5-0 demolition job on them on our last ever visit there. We truly put to rest our abysmal away record there that day.

Ironically, it was Rico and Craig Davies who ran riot that day with poor Rob Page at the back for the Spireites at the time.:laugh:

Plenty of good pubs in Chesterfield, always enjoy visits there, can see why it's a popular away day. Think we took a good 2,000+ there during our promotion season and circa 1,500 season before that; reckon a good 1,200-1,400 will make the journey on Saturday maybe?

You still not going to be one of them mate? Could do with some company in the Rutland Arms pre-match :)

He had a good start to the season and was dropped the moment Slew arrived, making the odd sub appearance here and there, Pope got injured and Slew got sent off that's the only reason he started again. You do realise he has only started the last 6 games and how many of them has he played the full 90? This is probably one of the longest run of starts he's had. Don't worry though when Pope is back he will get dropped regardless. Don't recall fans wanting Popey dropped when he went 8 games without scoring playing the full 90. Willo can only dream of getting that kind of loyalty!

Thank christ, a bit of sense.

Give Williamson a run of starts and he will score.

Archived