onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Desperate hours

Steely

Ive never questioned my support for the Vale, in 30 years though I have never felt so low as I do. I humbly believ that something very dodgy is ging on at the Black and White end of the city, to the point that I truly believe some people want to see us out of business.

My club is dying, its dying because of greed, its dying because of apathy, its dying because of corruption, in my humble opinion. My lad is 3 and I cant wait for the day he is old enough to come and sit with his old man and watch the Vale. The problem is we live in the south side of the city, and if my belief is right I fear there may not be much of a club at the North End if this bard get away with what there doing. So if there is no Vale and he loves football, and he lives in the south end of the city, and all of his mates are going, where do you think he will end up.

It hurts because I still wear my Vale Strip with pride, and still walk to work through Fenton in my vale coat. For how much longer though, for how much longer.....

Advert

Desperate hours indeed.

I too know many Stoke fans, some genuine, some not so.

To imagine the hope we started this season with and to be in a position to suggest this is the lowest feeling of all after thirty years unfortunately says it all with regards to the board (or shall I say the closed shop of Bratt and Jackson)

I'm not too concerned about Stoke tbh, they aren't my club, aren't my passion - never have been, never will be.

VALE ARE and Bratt & Jackson should hang their heads in shame.

Let's hope that Mo gets in (NO! - Let's make sure he gets in!), the consequences of no change don't bare thinking about.

Why do those pri cks don their red and white scarfs on and go down to the council stadium when they go 1 hour up the road and watch the biggest club in the world playing champions league football. Where do you draw the line? speaking to some loyal Stoke fans who have followed for Stoke for years hate the atmosphere there now and some don't even go to the home games any more with all the arm chair/ glory hunters attending the home games who have only been going for the last few seasons. When the good times come back to the Vale and they will, it will be o so more sweeter.

To be quite honest I watched Stoke on sunday get themselves into the FA cup semi.s and thought it was well deserved and quite honestly shocked at how well they played because last time I watched them play they were absolutely awful but fairplay to them they have improved no end and deserve their day out at Wembley.

On the other hand i.m very quickly losing my enthusiasm for going to matches up the vale now due to whats going on up there with all the issues.

I would love to know what is going through Bratt and J acksons mind at the moment in them thinking they can turn around the tsunami of fans /shareholders turning against them day after day.

Is anybody on here privvy to their thoughts, is anybody talking to them or know them personally to try and find out why they wont share with us the reasons why they think they are doing such a fantastic job, because I cannot see it, i,m really struggling with that thought!!

All my family go to the games we are all season tkt holders but, i,m sorry, we wont be buying any next month for next year if these imbeciles are still here, thats 6 season tickets lost!!! just one family gone.

I want to have my enthusiasm back and join in the journey of getting my club back to the Championship again, have a chance to lock horns with Stoke again, compete with premiership teams knocking them out of the FA/League cup again, visit other larger supported teams again, always enjoy a well supported awayday with the Vale.

Somehow, dont think this is going to happen with these clowns, anonomous, shady, totalitarian, liars, silent, incumbents, dads army where nothing ever happens or actioned upon.

In it for there own ends and always will be, For me I cant wait till next month and they announce the season tickets prices for next season and they dont SELL ANY!!!! Now I will chuckle at that!!!!

Bratt and Jackson will go down with the Titanic, in their eyes they have invested too much time an money to let Mo have it for 1.2m.

I know 4 other people who won't be purchasing season tickets unless they are done.

To say nothing is worse than telling lies in my eyes.

I've heard the condescending remarks made about "Us" the supporters and shareholders by some of these weasils.

Gannon fits the Bill perfectly to manage this outfit.

I also can't believe Griff can't get a game in this side?????????

Yesterday i was invited to my brothers house for dinner and to watch our premiership neighbours slug it out for a semi final place. After the disappointment of saturdays woeful display, watching my nephew and nieces decked out in red and white and getting excited about a potential wembley visit did little to lighten my mood. With the scoreline at 2-1 i wandered out into the garden for a quiet moments reflection with my cigars before all hell let loose.

I have been one of our current boards staunchest supporters, defending them until blue in the face, reminding people of how they saved the club, and how lucky we are to have actual vale supporters looking after the interests of our club. Since december this support has been evaporating as each day has gone by, and fridays non annoucement to both fans and Mr chaudry was the final insult. How dare they keep loyal fans like myself in the dark about the potential investment. Im not a shareholder but im a die hard fan who has followed my team home and away for 30 years plus. People like me have kept this club going, Mr Bratt should do well to remember this.

A few things happened all at once, a roar from the brittania stadium, a roar from my brothers front room, and i could clearly hear my wife saying "leave your uncle to sulk in the garden" Fellow valiants in our family, pretending to be happy for them, saying things like " it will be good for the area" I was shortly joined by my nephew singing wemberleee, wemberlee....He then asked me, why i bother driving past a premiership club to go down the a500 to follow a league 2 club, i simply had no answer for him.

This is possibly my lowest point following the vale, and thats saying something. Come on Mr bratt, thank you for everything, but lets give the vale some fresh legs, and give them the chance to restore our local pride...UTV

Dunner go round ur brothers so much owd.. Simples ===

I wouldn't let it get to me if I was you.

Fair play to Stoke. Let them enjoy their moment in the limelight. Most of their fans, I know, deserve it, and are decent blokes.

We should concern ourselves with the Vale and why we are bumping along in Div 2 and try and put that right.

at this moment in time it is difficult to see that things will turn for the better, however there is a man named mo chaudry who *when* he takes over will once again give us hope for the future.

many years ago as a lad growing up in bucknall i was the only lad who i new to be a vale fan , everyone else supported liverpool, man u or lard . no one really took that much notice but would sometimes say things like huh why do you support them they are crap . those same people missed the point though because when we won something it mattered because of all the dross that we watched along way and i saw it in the flesh.

then along came mc grath , rudge and bell . famous cup wins home and away , promotions , play off wins, trips to wembley , cardiff , trophy wins ,victories in europe haha, victory in derbies home and away in league and cup . seeing vale finish higher in the league than stoke , being in a division higher than stoke aswell. all this arrived and those wilderness years of nothingness disappeared , it tasted oh so sweet once things had changed.

those days will come again when the bratt pack move out en masse and those smug potters who have climbed aboard the glory truck will skulk away once again tearing off their potters cars stickers as they go.

lets make sure mo gets in and prepare for our next journey, this ride could be even sweeter.

Keep the faith, the league table makes interesting viewing at present and with the sideshow of a cup semi final they could take their eye of the league, they are only a couple of defeats away from a bottom 3 place, pray every noght that they achieve this!!

I don't wish bad on Stoke I have too many friends and family who love Stoke as much as I love the Vale. I'd much prefer us improve beyond belief than Stoke capitulate completely. The next few years are crucial for Stoke as they will fall one of two ways. They will do a Bolton or they will do a Charlton but all the signs point towards a Bolton for me at the moment. The next few years are also crucial for us. Will we become another Bradford who are have been and still are stuck in this basement division or we will make progress and become a side challenging for promotion in league 1. At the moment all the signs point towards a Bradford for me with the current board in place.

It's great being in the Premier League and I wouldn't patronise anyone on here by saying otherwise. But football's about more than what goes on for 90 minutes it's about the people you sit with, the pubs you go to pre-match, 5 of you in a car on the way to some dump of a ground 200 miles away knowing deep down you're probably going to lose, the banter and the up and downs along the way.

I was at Vale Park on Saturday and The Brit on Sunday, and trust me you still get the same dry wit on the terraces, the same moaning gits, the same referees making the same bad decisions. The prices are just different that's all :D

You've just got to keep the faith, make sure everyone with a connection to the club drags their kids to Vale Park in the hope they get the bug like we all did. We're the fans smiling at the moment but football's all about cycles and you don't know what will happen in 10/20 years time? The dark days make the good moments a lot more enjoyable...............

Good post.

You're right,the bad times do make the good times that much sweeter and nobody can ever take away the memories.

i stood there in my local on sunday and watched the game with my mates(mostly stoke fans)with my daughter(who goes ever home match with me)and i just watched..the game had no bearing 2 me..when every goal went in they cheered..i didnt..when the final whistle went they were dancing..i congratulated them...at the end of the day i care more about what is happening at OUR football club than anything!! let them celebrate there glory as present and us as vale fans lets do everything we can go get up there with them...

What we need is a local successful and rich businessman to take over us like Coates did!:rolleyes:

Well done to Stoke, I hate to say it but they have stayed in the Premiership a lot longer than I expected and are now at Wembley...We are at Accrington Stanley (who are they) on Saturday!===

What we need is a local successful and rich businessman to take over us like Coates did!:rolleyes:

Well done to Stoke, I hate to say it but they have stayed in the Premiership a lot longer than I expected and are now at Wembley...We are at Accrington Stanley (who are they) on Saturday!===

:laugh:.Who are they.

Archived