onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Desperate hours

Steely

Yesterday i was invited to my brothers house for dinner and to watch our premiership neighbours slug it out for a semi final place. After the disappointment of saturdays woeful display, watching my nephew and nieces decked out in red and white and getting excited about a potential wembley visit did little to lighten my mood. With the scoreline at 2-1 i wandered out into the garden for a quiet moments reflection with my cigars before all hell let loose.

I have been one of our current boards staunchest supporters, defending them until blue in the face, reminding people of how they saved the club, and how lucky we are to have actual vale supporters looking after the interests of our club. Since december this support has been evaporating as each day has gone by, and fridays non annoucement to both fans and Mr chaudry was the final insult. How dare they keep loyal fans like myself in the dark about the potential investment. Im not a shareholder but im a die hard fan who has followed my team home and away for 30 years plus. People like me have kept this club going, Mr Bratt should do well to remember this.

A few things happened all at once, a roar from the brittania stadium, a roar from my brothers front room, and i could clearly hear my wife saying "leave your uncle to sulk in the garden" Fellow valiants in our family, pretending to be happy for them, saying things like " it will be good for the area" I was shortly joined by my nephew singing wemberleee, wemberlee....He then asked me, why i bother driving past a premiership club to go down the a500 to follow a league 2 club, i simply had no answer for him.

This is possibly my lowest point following the vale, and thats saying something. Come on Mr bratt, thank you for everything, but lets give the vale some fresh legs, and give them the chance to restore our local pride...UTV

Advert

hate to say it but i have to ask myself at times ive supported vale for 20years this is the lowest ive felt about vale i used to go most games but ive started to go the odd one this is because of what v2001 has done.. like i put in my other post ill not purchase a thing from vale untill they have gone

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yesterday i was invited to my brothers house for dinner and to watch our premiership neighbours slug it out for a semi final place. After the disappointment of saturdays woeful display, watching my nephew and nieces decked out in red and white and getting excited about a potential wembley visit did little to lighten my mood. With the scoreline at 2-1 i wandered out into the garden for a quiet moments reflection with my cigars before all hell let loose.

I have been one of our current boards staunchest supporters, defending them until blue in the face, reminding people of how they saved the club, and how lucky we are to have actual vale supporters looking after the interests of our club. Since december this support has been evaporating as each day has gone by, and fridays non annoucement to both fans and Mr chaudry was the final insult. How dare they keep loyal fans like myself in the dark about the potential investment. Im not a shareholder but im a die hard fan who has followed my team home and away for 30 years plus. People like me have kept this club going, Mr Bratt should do well to remember this.

A few things happened all at once, a roar from the brittania stadium, a roar from my brothers front room, and i could clearly hear my wife saying "leave your uncle to sulk in the garden" Fellow valiants in our family, pretending to be happy for them, saying things like " it will be good for the area" I was shortly joined by my nephew singing wemberleee, wemberlee....He then asked me, why i bother driving past a premiership club to go down the a500 to follow a league 2 club, i simply had no answer for him.

This is possibly my lowest point following the vale, and thats saying something. Come on Mr bratt, thank you for everything, but lets give the vale some fresh legs, and give them the chance to restore our local pride...UTV

Some of my closest friends are big Stoke fans and i have to say that what has gone on down the Brittania over the last few years is remarkable. They were absolutely nowhere not long ago. The amount of stick i have to endure as a vale fan is unbelievable but i take it all as it comes.

The distance between the clubs may only be a few miles but in footballing terms they are now lightyears ahead of us. It truly pains me to say that but its the truth. Now they have a trip to Wembley to look forward to in an FA cup semi-final, almost unthinkable a few years ago.

No doubt i will continue to get ripped apart my my Stoke loving friends and colleagues and when the final whistle sounded on Sunday,i too spent a couple of minutes in my back garden kicking a half deflated ball around contemplating where it all went so so wrong.

I am truly envious of the experiences my mates have witnessed over the last few years and continue to witness with a Wembley appearance and an almost unreal thought that they are one game away from european football.

I too travel down the a500 past the community stadium to reach my beloved Vale Park and i have thought on many occasion if my other Stoke supporting grandad had got in first i would probably be a staunch Stoke fan.

Im a staunch vale fan now, its in the blood and theres no going back.

Ive always been a great believer in football travelling in cycles. Apart from the lucky couple... your Man Uniteds and Arsenals most teams experiance great highs and dissapointing lows.

There will come a time when Stoke and Vale will meet again... in a league match and many may snigger or laugh at that. It will happen, whether i live to see that day remains to be seen and thats what worries me. Im 25 and as things are at the moment it seems a long long long way off.

Vale Forever.

Where were those 1,000's of supporters??? when Stoke were in the third division?

I used to like this arguement, but with promotion a possibility for us, I fear we might be swamped by armchair fans living for the 'glory' and this will come back to bite us.

Good original post though. We all know footbal clubs ebb and flow, it will change around at some point and we can lord it up.........hopefully :unsure:

Couldn't agree more valeforever I think they will become unstuck when TP goes. It is rather dark days at vale park nowadays.

On my way to Vale park on saturday the bus infront of me had an advert on the back advertising breats feeding and carrying the slogan 'stoke born and bred' the family in the picture wearing in red and white. I thought cheeky *******s their not the only 1s in the city with a football club. Then I spent all saturday night sulking after the crap we had to watch and then stoke win and are heading to wembley.

Couldn't agree more valeforever I think they will become unstuck when TP goes. It is rather dark days at vale park nowadays.

On my way to Vale park on saturday the bus infront of me had an advert on the back advertising breats feeding and carrying the slogan 'stoke born and bred' the family in the picture wearing in red and white. I thought cheeky *******s their not the only 1s in the city with a football club. Then I spent all saturday night sulking after the crap we had to watch and then stoke win and are heading to wembley.

I was behind that today on the way home from work!!! I did have a bit of a chunter.......although the child was 6.

On the plus side vale fans do not deck their cars out like they are partaking in a mardi gras. I lose count of the amount of numptys with a giant Stoke ****ty badge plastered over their back window. Our mascots funny theirs is fat and stupid. We have a multiple world championship winning supporter. The britannia stadiums hosts rubbish music acts (bon jovi) our last music gig had motorhead and ozzy osbourne.

Archived