onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Oh dear Ronnie.

Howjy04

Advert

Give the lad a chance he did his time. Then perhaps we can stop hearing about the ****

If the FA made a statement to warn clubs of possible sanctions if they signed Evans then we wouldn't get this **** in the media. If they sign Evans blame the FA

If he was a plumber or a welder, would companies wanting to take him on be picketed by protesters. Just because the job Evans does is a high profile, well paid job, does that mean he shouldn't be allowed to do it?

Hes served the sentence the British judicial system deemed appropriate for his crimes. He should be allowed to get a job without people protesting about. I'm sure the same people complain about the "criminal classes" coming out of prison and claiming benefits.

Ched has served the time that the British justice system set, showing no remorse why should he? He believes he is innocent.

He may believe he's innocent but Ronnie Moore's suggestion that Evans ' hasn't apologised properly' tells me that Ronnie thinks he isn't.He's done his time,agreed,but how forgiving or understanding would folk be if he a) Turned up at Burslem or b) It was their Wife/ Girlfriend or Daughter that had been raped.People also saying it wouldn't get the same exposure if it was a butcher,baker,plumber or candlestick maker are absolutely correct.I'm not so sure there would be queue of companies wanting a sex offender's services.though?Moore should leave well alone for the sake of Hartlepool FC.As one fan has said"If we've got money to sign Ched Evans we've got money to bring in other players instead".Dividing your fan base when you are adrift at the bottom of League 2 and heading for non league is not a good idea IMO.

He may believe he's innocent but Ronnie Moore's suggestion that Evans ' hasn't apologised properly' tells me that Ronnie thinks he isn't.He's done his time,agreed,but how forgiving or understanding would folk be if he a) Turned up at Burslem or b) It was their Wife/ Girlfriend or Daughter that had been raped.People also saying it wouldn't get the same exposure if it was a butcher,baker,plumber or candlestick maker are absolutely correct.I'm not so sure there would be queue of companies wanting a sex offender's services.though?Moore should leave well alone for the sake of Hartlepool FC.As one fan has said"If we've got money to sign Ched Evans we've got money to bring in other players instead".Dividing your fan base when you are adrift at the bottom of League 2 and heading for non league is not a good idea IMO.

On the flip side, what if he is innocent? And this is a just a case of miscarriage of justice?

If he was a plumber or a welder, would companies wanting to take him on be picketed by protesters. Just because the job Evans does is a high profile, well paid job, does that mean he shouldn't be allowed to do it?

Hes served the sentence the British judicial system deemed appropriate for his crimes. He should be allowed to get a job without people protesting about. I'm sure the same people complain about the "criminal classes" coming out of prison and claiming benefits.

I'm sure if he was a plumber and convicted rapist, you wouldn't want him coming round yours to fix a tap, or anything else for that matter! :mad:

What if he wanted to be a teacher, social worker, youth worker?

Hartlepool need something fast or they'll be playing Conference football next season. If he did go their, it will be good for both him and Hartlepool..

I remember the outrage when Oldham re-signed Lee Hughes when he left prison. But the last few years since his release he's earned a good living at Oldham, Notts County and us. Football fans are fickle, they don't care what they've done as long as they score the goals to win football matches..

What if he wanted to be a teacher, social worker, youth worker?

Well, he'd obviously be banned from doing those jobs, as you well know. And considering his crime, quite rightly so.

The argument people are using, is that as a professional footballer, hes someone who children look up to as a role model. And theres my problem: footballers shouldn't be role models. A few of them are quite abhorrent people. They're there just entertainment professionals. Lets not put them on this "role model" pedestal, and just accept them as people we pay to watch for a couple of hours on a Saturday afternoon.

The argument people are using, is that as a professional footballer, hes someone who children look up to as a role model. And theres my problem: footballers shouldn't be role models. A few of them are quite abhorrent people. They're there just entertainment professionals. Lets not put them on this "role model" pedestal, and just accept them as people we pay to watch for a couple of hours on a Saturday afternoon.

I totally disagree. You are simply talking from an Adult point of view. From a Child's point of view they are naturally seen as role models and if they see their role models after committing such a crime, can carry on playing football, in their mind they see such crimes as acceptable.

When I was younger John Rudge's squad as far as I am concerned were squeaky clean and in the same era you never heard the top clubs have such scandals with players. Name one player in the late eighties who committed such a crime.

No remorse, no apology and just pure selfishness. That is Ched Evans.

Archived