onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

What we could do to help the Chairman and in turn the Club

melv

Could we do something similar to what Wycombe did for us in the final game of the promotion season with the dedicated away fans 'beer tent'? They must have made a fortune on us that day! Just erect a giant marquee infront of the away end with a few pop-up bars inside and take advantage of any large away followings (Sheff Utd etc)!

Advert

Could we do something similar to what Wycombe did for us in the final game of the promotion season with the dedicated away fans 'beer tent'? They must have made a fortune on us that day! Just erect a giant marquee infront of the away end with a few pop-up bars inside and take advantage of any large away followings (Sheff Utd etc)!
Is it possible that Fleetwood will be celebrating promotion on the last day? But would they need more than Tommys?

Another thought is tommys. A few years ago I went to villa and they had a pub right next to the ground which was owned by the club. It was rammed for both food and beer. Tommys needs a complete rethink as currently it's like a working men's club, grotty and uninviting. Turn it into a real ale style pub with pub style furniture good pub food and live football and I'd guarantee it being rammed both before and after the match as well as attracting custom on non match days.

While I'm on a roll I also like the idea that they do at Stoke whereby you and a team of mates/colleagues can pay for the privilege of playing matches on the pitch once the season is over. From memory they also got a qualified referee in and I think it was about 50 quid per person. They also allowed friends and family to watch from the stands. There's many casual footballers at dimensions that I'm sure would love that.

Some of these ideas are complete pie in the sky, and people need to accept that after 10 years of neglect, Norman won't be able to turn the club round in the space of a few months. Wildes tried that and look what happened.

Slow and steady wins the race. As I see it, despite putting his considerably large feet in it on several occasions, so far Norman has put is money where his mouth is, particularly on the pitch. I think anybody whould be hard pressed to argue that fact.

I see that we have a club shop that 100 x better than what we previously had. I see an owner that it is willing to try new initiatives (winter warmer, 10 games bundles) even if fans aren't willing to take them up. I see a team that 3 years ago we could have only dreamed about.

Ideas are good, but expecting Norman to chuck money into a bottomless pit is too much.

Some of these ideas are complete pie in the sky, and people need to accept that after 10 years of neglect, Norman won't be able to turn the club round in the space of a few months. Wildes tried that and look what happened.

Slow and steady wins the race. As I see it, despite putting his considerably large feet in it on several occasions, so far Norman has put is money where his mouth is, particularly on the pitch. I think anybody whould be hard pressed to argue that fact.

I see that we have a club shop that 100 x better than what we previously had. I see an owner that it is willing to try new initiatives (winter warmer, 10 games bundles) even if fans aren't willing to take them up. I see a team that 3 years ago we could have only dreamed about.

Ideas are good, but expecting Norman to chuck money into a bottomless pit is too much.

I don't think anybody is of the illusion that things happen overnight and Norman has clearly got to prioritise. Of the 3 ideas I put forward, only 1 would require significant investment. The other 2 are costs of man hours to organise and some money to promote it.

Howsabout some proper market research to find out why people aren't coming to matches and what it would take to encourage them to do so..ask those that aren't attending not those that are. Ditto for people getting to the stadium earlier to spend money there...why don't people do that now, what would encourage them to do so.

It would have a cost (although maybe a localish firm could get some free advertising for doing the deed) but if we really want to get people attending and spending we have to know why they are not doing so at the moment rather than suggssting what might be good ideas but with no real basis for implementing them.

Or get local students doing the market research..they can formulate the questions, sample size, ask the questions, analyse the results etc. They've got nothing better to do than (for example) stand around Burslem and Tunstall on a Saturday afternoon on a match day and ask people why they aren't going to the match. What would encourage them to go and so on. Nice little project for some Business Studies students

Let's have a sound basis for ideas and know what the actual issues are that need to be addressed

Q1 What were you doing on the following dates (dates of home matches) between 1pm and 5pm

Q2 Were you aware that Port Vale were playing at home on those dates?

Q3 (If it's a date/time of a match) Are you aware that Port Vale are playing at home right now?

Q4 Would you have considered going to amatch if you'd known about it?

Q5 Where do you think the club should publicise matches to make you aware of the fixture?

Q5 Why aren't you being a proper Vale fan/Boslemite and at the match supporting your local club you Premier League sucking Plastic Valiant? (or something like that)

Last one may need a bit of a rewrite but good effort!

But the last one is the clincher..ask that just before kick off and scare them into going to the match..intimidation could be our main weapon..intimidation and cheaper prices. Two of our major weapons are intimidation and cheaper prices and entertaining foiotbal. Three of etc etc

Howsabout some proper market research to find out why people aren't coming to matches and what it would take to encourage them to do so..ask those that aren't attending not those that are. Ditto for people getting to the stadium earlier to spend money there...why don't people do that now, what would encourage them to do so.

It would have a cost (although maybe a localish firm could get some free advertising for doing the deed) but if we really want to get people attending and spending we have to know why they are not doing so at the moment rather than suggssting what might be good ideas but with no real basis for implementing them.

It's a good idea. I wonder if we've thought of hiring Graduates for some of the positions in the Marketing / Commerical department. Get an experienced guy to manage the team, bring in a couple of Grads with fresh ideas and in-depth knowledge of social media.

:D

But the last one is the clincher..ask that just before kick off and scare them into going to the match..intimidation could be our main weapon..intimidation and cheaper prices. Two of our major weapons are intimidation and cheaper prices and entertaining foiotbal. Three of etc etc

Stop it! Nobody expects.... :D

Archived