onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Local food hygiene ratings.

For Us All

He's right on the part that the councils are weak and pathetic and don't close places down, in fact they are given the chance to clean the muck up and not fined first time - should be £1000 fine first time and closure for a long period 2nd offence. But it isn't just the foreign ones, there are some English owners that are just as bad so it shouldn't turn into a race thing.

The council don't make the rules so to blame them is ridiculous and the scheme is not manadatory (although food inspections are)..if they wrongly prosecuted someone they would be sued for a fortune so they have to be very careful and their motive surely has to be to help local businesses to thrive and do all they can to keep them open

http://www.food.gov.uk/business-industry/caterers/hygieneratings/fhrsbackground

Advert

Why havent these establishments been shut down and given opportunity to put their act in order? Possibly because this Stoke council is weak and too scared too cross our foreign 'freinds'

But they dont appear to care too much about the electorate anyway so it shouldnt come as too much of a surprise

That is a joke right? Surely no one is that stupid or that pathetically prejudiced?

If do you really think like that, you are an awful human being who has no business in a civilised society

The council don't make the rules so to blame them is ridiculous and the scheme is not manadatory (although food inspections are)..if they wrongly prosecuted someone they would be sued for a fortune so they have to be very careful and their motive surely has to be to help local businesses to thrive and do all they can to keep them open

http://www.food.gov.uk/business-industry/caterers/hygieneratings/fhrsbackground

I don't agree with much of that I'm afraid. Whoever makes the rules, they are a good idea and just because they didn't make them, doesn't mean they should not enforce them - rigorously and fully.

The Police don't make the laws of the land, but would you want the police to stand by and not enforce them if your house was being burgled?

No chance of being sued if the food inspectors do their job - take photos of rat droppings, cockroaches and encrusted filth (and that's just what is on the plates at some places - joke- or is it? ). Councils could turn it into a big earner to fund services like they do with motorists and parking/speeding.

Motive to keep filth holes open - none. Clean them up or Close them down, keeping peoples infected shops open is not a priority compared to public health and however it is wrapped up as 'struggling local businesses'.

It it is far too easy to open and run a cheap, filthy, unsafe and unsanitary place, many of which cater for people too p=ssed to care what they are eating and sell most of their worst muck when the pubs chuck out. Business and profit at all costs for a grabbing few will cost us all later.

I don't agree with much of that I'm afraid. Whoever makes the rules, they are a good idea and just because they didn't make them, doesn't mean they should not enforce them - rigorously and fully.

Not suggesting they should not but they can only do what the rules allow them to do and they don't make the rules..you call on them to do this and to do that but the rules don't allow them to, that's my point

No chance of being sued if the food inspectors do their job - take photos of rat droppings, cockroaches and encrusted filth (and that's just what is on the plates at some places - joke- or is it? ).

I suspect some cases are not so obvious and that there are disputes

C

Councils could turn it into a big earner to fund services like they do with motorists and parking/speeding.

I'd rather they see it as an opportunity to turn the business around and help it to be a success rther than us it as a short term money raiser.

It it is far too easy to open and run a cheap, filthy, unsafe and unsanitary place,

I suspect you are right

many of which cater for people too p=ssed to care what they are eating and sell most of their worst muck when the pubs chuck out.

Customer choice..people know what they are eating is not good for them; buit that's a million miles away for it being unhygienic. The outlet selling supposedly healthy salads could be the most unhygienic place in the world. What's at stake here is not what food is being sold but the conditions in which it's being prepared and sold

I bet most of them have a better grasp of English grammar than you.

"Freinds" indeed.

I hope your "freinds" give you a severe dose of their"specialities"- seeing as you are too hung up over grammar on what is a football supporter website, and not a "English supriority competition"

How petty and narrow minded you are- so sue me.

That is a joke right? Surely no one is that stupid or that pathetically prejudiced?

If do you really think like that, you are an awful human being who has no business in a civilised society

I would like to see you speak like that to anyone face to face- but I suspect you are too coward to do as such and loves to get his kicks out of rubbishing a perfectly open minded suggestion as to why proper procedures arent carried out, behind the safety of your keyboard.

I know that in a "civilised society" establishments have a "duty of care" towards it's customers.

Archived