onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Show a little support Saturday

wwindsor

Interesting theory

We were between 6th and 9th in the later part of last season and the gates were going down and it did not get any easier SMURF

It's not always just about the winning Mr Chairman, albeit it helps.

I appreciate that you had a close relationship with the previous manager but his style of football was not entertaining. It was football by attrition.

If people are being asked to spend their hard earned, in what is a relatively poor area of the country, they want to be entertained and to see success over the longer term. Our previous manager had some success but it came at the cost of entertainment, and arguably the development of our younger players.

Yesterday was a step in the right direction. Keep that up and fans will come back IMHO.

Advert

Superb handling of affairs in a testing week Smurf and a great finish to an entertaining game as reward to put a massive smile on our faces.

That feeling when Marshall finished his magical run and slotted past their keeper was worth every penny of my Season Ticket money - pure elation!!

One thing that we could do with is trying to aid is the atmosphere from the Bycars. Would it be possible to make this a cheaper end for the walk ups ( who join a members club to qualify so Away price not affected ) or is it too late?

Vale can make or break my week. I'm buzzing since Yesterday!!

Could not agree more

That plan worked for us in League 2 but most teams have bigger stronger and more gifted defenders hence not working now although Barnsley did resort to that at times yesterday

I am considering 3 very interesting/exciting options to try and eradicate that part of our games and who knows!

And lost the game!

Superb handling of affairs in a testing week Smurf and a great finish to an entertaining game as reward to put a massive smile on our faces.

That feeling when Marshall finished his magical run and slotted past their keeper was worth every penny of my Season Ticket money - pure elation!!

One thing that we could do with is trying to aid is the atmosphere from the Bycars. Would it be possible to make this a cheaper end for the walk ups ( who join a members club to qualify so Away price not affected ) or is it too late?

Vale can make or break my week. I'm buzzing since Yesterday!!

Not just making it cheaper in the Bycars, we should consider closing the ends of the Bycars and getting more people behind the goal, fans are too spaced out in the Bycars, we only need one third of it open and fill behind the goal to create an atmosphere.

Interesting theory

We were between 6th and 9th in the later part of last season and the gates were going down and it did not get any easier SMURF

The result isnt the only thing that makes the end result palatable, it isnt just about league position or how much you spend either, it is quite a lot about what the supporters see and feel about the team on a match day, its about the lack of commitment and passion the supporters assume there is after a performance like ones we have seen recently, its about the supporters feeling let down, its about supporters feeling "Why should I bother turning up if the team dont bother to turn up and they get paid for it", its about a breach in the Vale family connection..... etc etc etc

I know this is a couple of days overdue, but I think all Vale fans who turned up on Saturday deserved a pat on the back! The gate was about 500 more than I expected it to be, after a very trying few days, and it now looks quite promising for the future - especially if Norman manages to scout a couple of belters! Vale fans - take a bow!

If we were top of the league playing hoof ball none of you would be complaining.

Results dictate everything as Stoke found out under Pullis. Many fans moaned about hoof ball but they still had ever increasing gates the higher they went up the league's.

Play on the deck football and lose gets the same result as playing hoof ball and losing - the Manager gets sacked.

It's all about winning nothing more nothing less.

You can all live in your dreamworld but when it gets to the wire the only thing we all care about is the result.

If we were top of the league playing hoof ball none of you would be complaining.

Results dictate everything as Stoke found out under Pullis. Many fans moaned about hoof ball but they still had ever increasing gates the higher they went up the league's.

Play on the deck football and lose gets the same result as playing hoof ball and losing - the Manager gets sacked.

It's all about winning nothing more nothing less.

You can all live in your dreamworld but when it gets to the wire the only thing we all care about is the result.

Speak for yourself

Archived