onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Show a little support Saturday

wwindsor

Advert

http://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/Port-Vale-chairman-Norman-Smurthwaite-says-fans/story-22954498-detail/story.html

Disappointed in this article,dont think Smurf should blame the supporters, we turned up in numbers against Crewe and all we got for the effort was an abject performance,the gate on Tuesday reflected Saturdays efforts.

Its not the supporters fault that his manager wasted his budget in the close season,the supporters have suffered this season and I'm sorry but its up to the club to put it right,any amount of shouting and screaming wouldnt have altered the Brizzle result.

http://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/Port-Vale-chairman-Norman-Smurthwaite-says-fans/story-22954498-detail/story.html

Disappointed in this article,dont think Smurf should blame the supporters, we turned up in numbers against Crewe and all we got for the effort was an abject performance,the gate on Tuesday reflected Saturdays efforts.

Its not the supporters fault that his manager wasted his budget in the close season,the supporters have suffered this season and I'm sorry but its up to the club to put it right,any amount of shouting and screaming wouldnt have altered the Brizzle result.

Don't really think he's having a go at the supporters, just think he's outlining the numbers the club needs to progress.

The numbers that turn up at Crewe really don't help the club financially although of course they do help the team with the support.

We must have one of the highest away average followings when taken as a % of home support as our away support followings are generally superb and home following very average home following. Away followings do also tend to be louder and personally I think the last great atmosphere I remember at home was the 7-1 win against Burton.

Didn't hear too many fans saying he'd wasted the budget in the summer.

Generally you are right though, fans react to player performance.

Thats one of the worst statements I have read from smurf.

The Vale chairman says he was hugely disappointed by the atmosphere generated by the 3,500 home supporters.............. as the side slumped to their sixth successive defeat.

Im not sure what he expected after the last part of that statement

He says the crowd affected the players

It could be the other way around too

We had 3,500 of them in the stadium and you couldn't hear a word from them

If you feed people cack they sometimes gag... but its better than the booing and calling for adams head some said was loud and clear.

"It had a detrimental effect on the players. It definitely had a detrimental effect on me, and when I saw Micky after it had a massive impact on him."

Perhaps watching such dross had a detrimental effect on supporters

Smurthwaite said: "I have to ask myself what it is the fans want of me now? It is what the fans do which will dictate what I do.

The answer is nothing... they want something from the team they support and pay to watch... a little interest perhaps... a smidgen of commitment... an iota of passion

"If I see a massive vote of confidence in them coming back and standing behind me, then I will feel I have the confidence to carry on in that vein."

Its not about you smurf

Its not about you smurf

I beg to differ. A very large part of it is, as he owns it all, pays for it and decides who manages therefore who plays.

Without his money there is no club - if he walks we are either in admin again or go through the lovely time we had with Keith Ryder, or get another owner who may be very, very much worse than Smurf.

I think he has been a great owner so far, despite a few PR gaffes but they matter little in the grand scheme of things. Long may he stay at Vale.

I beg to differ. A very large part of it is, as he owns it all, pays for it and decides who manages therefore who plays.

Without his money there is no club - if he walks we are either in admin again or go through the lovely time we had with Keith Ryder, or get another owner who may be very, very much worse than Smurf.

I think he has been a great owner so far, despite a few PR gaffes but they matter little in the grand scheme of things. Long may he stay at Vale.

Its never about what he has spent but is possibly about what he has spent it on, people dont go to see smurf or his money they go to watch and support the players/team... he has to get away from the idea its personal, about what he does or doesnt do, its all about the end product... get that right and life becomes a lot easier.

Archived