onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

#adamsout?

Memphis

we will hammer crewe and all this will be forgot about

you really think so? people might not say it IF we hammer crewe, but while the brand of football stays the moaning about it will stay

none of my mates support vale but they all come with me on occasions to watch us, they support sides like bolton and sheff u so aren't blinkered by premier league quality and they comment on the long ball. not to mention peterborough fans on twitter saying how bad and 1 dimensional we are - after they battered us, it's not even like we'd gone there and ground out a result in order for them to be bitter about

Advert

Just over a week ago, Vale outplayed Notts County and only lost by a mix of bad luck, suspect refereeing and failing to take chances that should have gone in. Few would dispute that we deserved to win that game, and County only scored their second goal when Vale were running out of time and goinf orward at the end.

Have a look at the league table - had we equalised with one of the dozen or so near misses and gone on to win, we would have 8 pts and a goal difference of zero, which would put us in the top half.

My logic is that all this negativity and rubbish about sacking MA is therefore based on one bad result, not a catastrophic start as some think, and a simple bit of luck in that match would have seen none of this talk. Any one of the goal line clearances that could have been put in, any chance that went few inches wide - would have made the difference.

That is why limited concern should be the order of the day after 5 games - even Crewe with 5 losses could be out of the bottom 4 with 2 or 3 good results. Have some people just been aching for a few bad results so they can leap in and launch ridiculous attacks on Adams and his management team ?

Yes, he has got a lot more work to do to get his squad performing at their best, but look how things are after maybe 15 games when players have settled and Adams has worked out his best team and tactics. In particular, Moore could make a big difference, and won't really shine just yet, and we still have Slew and Campion to contribute.

Although Vale fans moan like anything if we're linked with non-league players, because we got burnt with Slater and Perry.

You're naming the failures who were brought in by a poor manager. What about the likes of Ian Taylor, Andy Jones, Gareth Griffiths and Dean Stokes. The last two both defenders,incidentally, who would excel in the current defence. John Rudge used to call them 'chancers', bought in for very little and if they didn't make the grade you'd lost nothing. Adams won't take risks, though. He prefers to take the safe option of bringing in experienced players.

You're naming the failures who were brought in by a poor manager. What about the likes of Ian Taylor, Andy Jones, Gareth Griffiths and Dean Stokes. The last two both defenders,incidentally, who would excel in the current defence. John Rudge used to call them 'chancers', bought in for very little and if they didn't make the grade you'd lost nothing. Adams won't take risks, though. He prefers to take the safe option of bringing in experienced players.

I agree with you. What I was saying was that since the Slater and Perry situation, anytime we've been linked with non-league players since, other Vale fans have moaned about us chasing non-league players citing the "Chasetown two" but totally forgetting the success we had going down the non-league route in years gone by.

I agree with you. What I was saying was that since the Slater and Perry situation, anytime we've been linked with non-league players since, other Vale fans have moaned about us chasing non-league players citing the "Chasetown two" but totally forgetting the success we had going down the non-league route in years gone by.

Good point but judging by comments made it seems that fan's trust in Adams ability in bringing in the right players from other Football League clubs is wearing a bit thin. The trouble with Adams is that he's got no

Imagination and seems not to consider bringing players in from other sources ie non league and youth players which sort of brings me back to my original point.

This thread really is nonsense. It just seems like you've all got yourselves in to such a frenzy that we were going to go up that you can't handle this difficult start to the season. Many times we have had poor runs and Adams has always come through for us and I'd back him to do it again. It's a very competitive league and even with our improved budget the bookies' odds say it all about our chances. I believe we have a stronger squad than last season but it's having some teething problems, with the usual better players not firing, i.e. Lines. I believe sooner or later we'll put a decent run together. Losing to Notts County was the killer for me when we really should have won as in fairness we were beaten by two better sides after that. Although Chesterfield are in form more than a top side I believe. We need a confidence boosting win and then everything will be hunkydory again. As for lamenting tactics, that's easy in hindsight but Adams does and will learn. His track record can't really be disputed. Promotion from administration to 9th in League 1. Be careful wishing for too much it can all come crashing down.

Good point but judging by comments made it seems that fan's trust in Adams ability in bringing in the right players from other Football League clubs is wearing a bit thin. The trouble with Adams is that he's got no

Imagination and seems not to consider bringing players in from other sources ie non league and youth players which sort of brings me back to my original point.

Where did he sign Hugill, Burge and Williamson from? (I think it was Adams who signed the latter two...my memory isn't that great!)

He was clearly good enough in the season when he played under Gannon yet had never had a look in under Micky Adams. Adams and Morsy did not get on. Morsy expressed his opinion to some of his mates in the younger players that he was not getting a chance. This was done privately but was overheard by a senior player who reported it to Adams. Morsy was then carpeted by Adams for having an opinion. I was told this by a former Vale youth player who was a witness to the events.

I never accepted that calling one of your own players a coward in the press was an acceptable thing for a manager to do.

Just going off tack. Gannon bought Romaine Sawyers and Jay o ' shea in to the club. I'd take em now. Oh and he signed Popey......

ADAMS OUT

Archived