onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Mario to Liverpool.

For Us All

Advert

As I've said in a different thread, i think that potentially it's a fantastic buy. I'm sure that Rodgers has more than done his homework, has sat down and had a good chat with Mario and believes that he can help him to mature and get the best out of him. When he first come to the club, Raheem Sterling was a little bit like Mario in that he was getting into all sorts of trouble outside of football and not really shining on it as much as his obvious talent should be allowing. Fast forward 18 months later and Raheem is now one of the brightest prospects in football and his disciplinary record has been exemplary in this time, he's matured a lot and he's said himself that he owes a lot to the manager.

At 16 million it could prove to be a master-stroke by Rodgers every bit as much as it's somewhat of a gamble.

For the transfer fees paid, I don't think he scores enough. I also don't think you can control him, he's just too off the chain.

I wonder who Rodgers has been rejected by for him to go down this route- my guess, Falcao or Cavani

For the transfer fees paid, I don't think he scores enough. I also don't think you can control him, he's just too off the chain.

I wonder who Rodgers has been rejected by for him to go down this route- my guess, Falcao or Cavani

He currently averages around 1 every 3 games, which isn't bad for someone who was a bit part player at City and then playing in an AC Milan side that would struggle to finish mid-table in the Premier League. He scored 12 goals in his first 13 games for them so he definitely has it in him to be a prolific goal-scorer.

Rodgers number 1 target was Falcao, who wants a move to Spain, but any manager that's worth his salt would have a list of back-up players in-case bringing in their number one target didn't materialize. If this was 30 million plus we were spending on him then I would say it is a huge gamble, but 16 million in today's market is very little for a player with bags of potential.

What Beechy said. A more mature and physically and mentally capable player than when he was last in the Premier League.

His performance against England in the world cup indicates he'd have no problem with some of our top defenders.

Potentially a snip (in modern day terms) at 16 million.

A great signing for that price when you consider the cost of players like shane long and mccormack (for a championship player!). A class or 3 above those players and proven at top level perm, champions league and top level international. I can't understand why you would question this signing when you compare it to others. Its not as though liverpool haven't had to deal with a controversial character over the last few year.

A great signing for that price when you consider the cost of players like shane long and mccormack (for a championship player!). A class or 3 above those players and proven at top level perm, champions league and top level international. I can't understand why you would question this signing when you compare it to others. Its not as though liverpool haven't had to deal with a controversial character over the last few year.

Spot on,especially when Man.Utd are willing to pay up to £70m to Real Madrid for Di Maria.They do really leave their transfer business late in the day and made exactly the same mistake last year when they wasted £28m on Fallaini.

It's a massive gamble. But it is a gamble with huge potential rewards. Let's face it, the fans at Anfield will adore him and I think he will enjoy playing to the sort of adulation he will get playing in front of the Kop. He could go mad and fall off the rails but I think having Gerrard to help him may prevent that.

Considering Sanchez cost £30m and Cavani would be closer to £50m, £16m is a complete snip. It could backfire badly in Rodgers face, but at least it's only a £16m risk not a £50m one (*coughs* Torres *coughs*).

At least Rodgers can see what his team needs, unlike Wenger who is such an arrogant ****** he refuses to get players his team badly needs because he doesn't want to prove the press right.

Spot on,especially when Man.Utd are willing to pay up to £70m to Real Madrid for Di Maria.They do really leave their transfer business late in the day and made exactly the same mistake last year when they wasted £28m on Fallaini.

Di Maria is a player that stands comparison with someone like Scholes and for me the first time Man united have signed a top class midfield player for as long as I can remember. But god that is expensive and Liverpool look to be getting a really good bargain if it works out and relatively inexpensive if it does not.

It's a massive gamble. But it is a gamble with huge potential rewards. Let's face it, the fans at Anfield will adore him and I think he will enjoy playing to the sort of adulation he will get playing in front of the Kop. He could go mad and fall off the rails but I think having Gerrard to help him may prevent that.

Considering Sanchez cost £30m and Cavani would be closer to £50m, £16m is a complete snip. It could backfire badly in Rodgers face, but at least it's only a £16m risk not a £50m one (*coughs* Torres *coughs*).

At least Rodgers can see what his team needs, unlike Wenger who is such an arrogant ****** he refuses to get players his team badly needs because he doesn't want to prove the press right.

I think Balotelli is a good signing at that price but it makes me wonder where it leave Ricky Lambert?

I think Balotelli is a good signing at that price but it makes me wonder where it leave Ricky Lambert?

On the bench Id expect. As well as he did for southampton, he isnt a top 4 side starting striker. I cant imagine anyone expected Lambert to be replacing Saurez.

Archived