onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Tunstall fire.

melv

They didn't know pension rights were going to be cut or that pay rises would be kept to 1% etc etc

You Ok with us losing trained experienced firefighters cos of pay then? After all they knew what it paid when they applied?

Correct.

Advert

I love how people say well the private sector dont get a good pension. Instead of dragging other people down, why not say that the private sector takes advantage of their workers. Offering rubbish pensions etc.

Alton Towers is an example, they pay crap wages make people work long hours and shove them on 0 hour contracts. Merlin entertainments, made over a billion pound profit. They do not bother passing this onto the workers. Greed is killing peoples rights.

The private banks kill this country and people slate the fighter fighters for having a half decent pension.

Thatcher turned us into greedy only caring about me people.

I love how people say well the private sector dont get a good pension. Instead of dragging other people down, why not say that the private sector takes advantage of their workers. Offering rubbish pensions etc.

Alton Towers is an example, they pay crap wages make people work long hours and shove them on 0 hour contracts. Merlin entertainments, made over a billion pound profit. They do not bother passing this onto the workers. Greed is killing peoples rights.

The private banks kill this country and people slate the fighter fighters for having a half decent pension.

Thatcher turned us into greedy only caring about me people.

As opposed to Bliar and Brown who turned us into..........,well,how long have you got?

As opposed to Bliar and Brown who turned us into..........,well,how long have you got?

Markie G - you are simply wasting your time sticking up on this site for the lower paid- you will only get it thrown in your face- like the above post- it's an indictment of a split 'i'm alright jack' society and explain why the government, year after year, continue to trample on working people and work only for the rich business folk- the split society is why there are no protests and not much union activity like there used to be.

What has Blair and Brown got to do with the abolishment of working people's rights to a tribunal, the bedroom tax (pushing thousands into debt) and the continual attack on benefits putting many innocent people on the street??

Markie G - you are simply wasting your time sticking up on this site for the lower paid- you will only get it thrown in your face- like the above post- it's an indictment of a split 'i'm alright jack' society and explain why the government, year after year, continue to trample on working people and work only for the rich business folk- the split society is why there are no protests and not much union activity like there used to be.

What has Blair and Brown got to do with the abolishment of working people's rights to a tribunal, the bedroom tax (pushing thousands into debt) and the continual attack on benefits putting many innocent people on the street??

Don't get me started on the Welfare Party.

Blair and especially Brown,did more than anybody to ruin the lives of workers in the private sector and destroyed the world's best pension system.

In the end,those who suffered most were those not in a position to top up their pension contributions,namely,the lower-paid.For Labour's core voters,their chances of a comfortable retirement without money worries were wrecked forever.

You know what happens when the fire service goes on strike? Nothing, that's generally it, nothing. Then they'll thank the public for nothing happening while they were doing nothing for a bit instead of doing nothing for a while. Great job, just behind that of a copper, great perks, second job income and FANTASTIC pension, retire at 50 anyone??

You know what happens when the fire service goes on strike? Nothing, that's generally it, nothing. Then they'll thank the public for nothing happening while they were doing nothing for a bit instead of doing nothing for a while. Great job, just behind that of a copper, great perks, second job income and FANTASTIC pension, retire at 50 anyone??

No way in the wide world would I have been a policeman or fireman. Very close friends of mine were in those callings and some of the stories told of accidents, fires, loss of life, saving lives, and so on sent cold shivers down my spine. For me they well and truly deserved all those 'perks' and more :yes:

No way in the wide world would I have been a policeman or fireman. Very close friends of mine were in those callings and some of the stories told of accidents, fires, loss of life, saving lives, and so on sent cold shivers down my spine. For me they well and truly deserved all those 'perks' and more :yes:

Cold shivers down the spine, yes a chip pan fire or moving a drunk on will do that to you... Seriously though, "saving a life" is a once in a career experience for most fire fighters, police or PCSO's. They're fantastic jobs, why did Staffs Police have thousands of applicants for 30 jobs recently, people working in the private sector would not believe the conditions and perks. A fire fighter will and often spend an entire shift doing...not much only just banned them from sleeping ( taken the beds out of fire stations )

Watch how many coppers there will be at Crewe and consider whether they need them, they love it, overtime can pay for their holidays in full

Cold shivers down the spine, yes a chip pan fire or moving a drunk on will do that to you... Seriously though, "saving a life" is a once in a career experience for most fire fighters, police or PCSO's. They're fantastic jobs, why did Staffs Police have thousands of applicants for 30 jobs recently, people working in the private sector would not believe the conditions and perks. A fire fighter will and often spend an entire shift doing...not much only just banned them from sleeping ( taken the beds out of fire stations )

Watch how many coppers there will be at Crewe and consider whether they need them, they love it, overtime can pay for their holidays in full

If you have to work overtime to live you have a cack paid job

If you have to work overtime to live you have a cack paid job

Working overtime for treats is different and you've just offended half of the working population who work overtime to live, sounds like you've had a real nice life geo, lived all over, no overtime, retired early - alright for some eh

Working overtime for treats is different and you've just offended half of the working population who work overtime to live, sounds like you've had a real nice life geo, lived all over, no overtime, retired early - alright for some eh

It depends what you class as a treat... a holiday?

You are judging a book by its cover... I started life in poverty, you know the old saying about a pot to P in?... no one gave me money or a leg up, what I made I earned and invested and reinvested, bought and sold and bought more to sell more, imported and exported, diversified and learned, when one stream closes I open another... I retired early because a cardiologist found a birth defect, a 2cm hole in my heart and the right side of my heart was twice the size of the left [its the left side that does all the hard work]. I also suffer from atrial fibrillation, my heart rate at the moment is 198bpm... its debilitating and sometimes lays me out... so yes... its all right for some.

It depends what you class as a treat... a holiday?

You are judging a book by its cover... I started life in poverty, you know the old saying about a pot to P in?... no one gave me money or a leg up, what I made I earned and invested and reinvested, bought and sold and bought more to sell more, imported and exported, diversified and learned, when one stream closes I open another... I retired early because a cardiologist found a birth defect, a 2cm hole in my heart and the right side of my heart was twice the size of the left [its the left side that does all the hard work]. I also suffer from atrial fibrillation, my heart rate at the moment is 198bpm... its debilitating and sometimes lays me out... so yes... its all right for some.

Sorry to hear about your condition Geosname. Staying with the overtime issue though, what LVID was referring to- the fact many people who are working struggle to bind together a wage that covers lifes essentials and allows for clothes and other personal things which may seem like luxury's but arent (personal hygeine ect) Holidays for some are days out at places like Blackpool ect Without overtime these days out are not possible. Holidays abroad are for people with real disposable income, usually people who earn more than £25,000

Not everybody can earn and invest- its easier said than done. You may as well be inclined to gamble all your wages away..not many can do that. Well done in that you have done it Geosname but please don't insult many hard working people who make an effort to work extra hours just because the system is only geared to make the top half of society richer...

Archived