onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

missing 1500 ST Renewals

andy jones

The old your not a fan if you don't have a season ticket argument again. It's simple people either don't have the money, have other commitments or have simply lost interest. That dosent make them less of a fan though. I can't imagine our style of football sells season tickets either, awful to watch.

Advert

The old your not a fan if you don't have a season ticket argument again. It's simple people either don't have the money, have other commitments or have simply lost interest. That dosent make them less of a fan though. I can't imagine our style of football sells season tickets either, awful to watch.

I agree with the sentiment as life comes first but surely by definition if you have lost interest you choose to be less of a fan.

Are you for real - a fan who goes every game home away and a "fan" who has lost interest, doesn't go games and cant be bothered anymore are the same are they?? No less of a fan??

Any road this was never meant to be a post about this - andy jones dared to suggest in a previous post that a fall in ST sales may have affected our budget for next season which may , affect our ability to offer contracts / sign players and in this thread he wondered why some people had not renewed

To be honest with u its about attracting hungry players who have something too prove ,if none of our out of contract players signed least we,would be a unknown quantity ,sometimes thats what u need be .

When dodds played behind Pope thats why we were,exhilarating ,no one expected it we smashed teams we,were,too clever for the opposition.

When we resorted back to type we were boring ,ponderous ,predictable .

Footballs a mystery lets bring new blood in and go again ,so whatever will be will be .

Oh my goodness the the eternal enigma that is Louis Dodds!

People like to know what they are getting for their money.

Currently, we don't know what product will be on offer for our hard earned. Simple as that really.

But that's football, unless you are one of the top four in the PL nobody knows. Take for instance the Blunts and Bristol City in our league last season. It's not like buying a TV from Currys.

I think the sooner vale move away from the "fans will buy season tickets because thats what they do" attitude the sooner we make progress.

And how would they do that then - maybe get promoted and then have a top 10 finish the season after, maybe have a new club shop, lots of new merchandise, new ticket offers and initiatives for mini season tickets ( which people were going on and on about on here for the last few years ), or maybe the sooner the fans move away from a "convince me to buy a season ticket" attitude the sooner we'll make progress

I was thinking of buying a ST in January but thought I'd chew over it and buy one in 'a few weeks'. I missed a couple of deadlines but I am mulling it over, but need my solicitor to check over the terms and conditions and wait to see if there is anything more attractive to spend my money on. What's the rush or so people keep telling me?

And how would they do that then - maybe get promoted and then have a top 10 finish the season after, maybe have a new club shop, lots of new merchandise, new ticket offers and initiatives for mini season tickets ( which people were going on and on about on here for the last few years ), or maybe the sooner the fans move away from a "convince me to buy a season ticket" attitude the sooner we'll make progress

Do you honestly think a new shop and lots of new merchandise will attract new supporters?

I would suggest the ticket offers are to try to keep the fans we have, I doubt it will attract new ones, do people chose which team to watch by the price? It may deter a few if the price is to high.

Im sorry to tell you that the days of dads going the football and the mums doing the shopping has passed... if thats what we are relying on we will die out.

We dont have to convince the hard core to come but if they come alone it isnt enough.... 3.5K - 4K per game wont cover the playing budget.

Selling someone a ticket isnt enough anymore, you have to sell them the whole package.. the experience... the facilities.. everything that will make them return.... thats when the shop comes into its own and the "lots of new merchandise" gets sold.

We shouldnt try to convince the dads to bring the kids... we should try to get the kids to bring the parents

I was thinking of buying a ST in January but thought I'd chew over it and buy one in 'a few weeks'. I missed a couple of deadlines but I am mulling it over, but need my solicitor to check over the terms and conditions and wait to see if there is anything more attractive to spend my money on. What's the rush or so people keep telling me?

:laugh::laugh:

:laugh:

Archived