onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

missing 1500 ST Renewals

andy jones

People mention the home performances, I think we had the 4th or 5th best home record last season. What do people want/except. Yes in some of the victories we were hanging on at times, however for the first season back up, we aren't going to roll teams 4 or 5.

People will always find a reason not to go. The people who are stating they won't buy due to the uncertainty around Adams are probably the same people who said they wouldn't go until brat & co were out, Horton is sacked, billy bell gone etc etc

Advert

from the person who wont be buying a single ticket for the entire 2014/2015 season...

Sorry Geo but I disagree - there aren't many Vale fans who suddenly decided to support Port Vale ( unlike our awful neighbours ) we've all been passed on the baton by dads, second and third generation, it is a duty to keep going, if you cant afford, then fair enough but if you can afford and you "choose" not to then.....well, you're not a fan are you and you certainly give up all rights to criticise the club, its built on people paying for it ( unlike our horrible neighbours ) and if we don't pay for it, it goes away, if we all "choose" not to go, then that's it, no more Port Vale

What a sentimental load of old cobblers...

I didnt support the vale because of any family ties, my father was a fanatic home and away follower but I dont support them because of that, if anything it would have pushed me towards stoke, his father didnt give a rats ass about football, my kids arent interested even though I took them a few games, at least some of them.

Its basically a business with some emotional ties, there is no duty to attend games its choice because thats where you want to be if the circumstances allow or thats what you fancy doing on the day... a preference... a bias even... but not mandatory... if you want new business you give the people something they want to see, something they want to spend their money on, something they want to go back to and watch again.... not telling them you have to buy a ticket because your dad bought one.. or because if you dont your not a "real" supporter.

There are things in life that are a lot more important than Vale.

from the person who wont be buying a single ticket for the entire 2014/2015 season...

You wouldnt like to bet your house on that would you?... Ive already said Im over early July for about 3 months.

People mention the home performances, I think we had the 4th or 5th best home record last season. What do people want/except. Yes in some of the victories we were hanging on at times, however for the first season back up, we aren't going to roll teams 4 or 5.

People will always find a reason not to go. The people who are stating they won't buy due to the uncertainty around Adams are probably the same people who said they wouldn't go until brat & co were out, Horton is sacked, billy bell gone etc etc

Its not always about results.

Combination of things for me.

- Will end up missing a few games due to my Mrs New shift patterns.

-price rise.

-uncertainty of if we'll even have a team and manager.

Perhaps if a bit of a buzz was built up towards the renewals I might have been swayed. All we seemed to get was negativity and pessimism.

What a sentimental load of old cobblers...

I didnt support the vale because of any family ties, my father was a fanatic home and away follower but I dont support them because of that, if anything it would have pushed me towards stoke, his father didnt give a rats ass about football, my kids arent interested even though I took them a few games, at least some of them.

Its basically a business with some emotional ties, there is no duty to attend games its choice because thats where you want to be if the circumstances allow or thats what you fancy doing on the day... a preference... a bias even... but not mandatory... if you want new business you give the people something they want to see, something they want to spend their money on, something they want to go back to and watch again.... not telling them you have to buy a ticket because your dad bought one.. or because if you dont your not a "real" supporter.

There are things in life that are a lot more important than Vale.

You wouldnt like to bet your house on that would you?... Ive already said Im over early July for about 3 months.

Going to watch your football team because "its what you fancy doing on the day" will not ring true for the vast majority of people who attend football matches, i'm sorry you think that way, lets hope Vale give you what want to see during the games you go to this summer

Sorry Geo but I disagree - there aren't many Vale fans who suddenly decided to support Port Vale ( unlike our awful neighbours ) we've all been passed on the baton by dads, second and third generation, it is a duty to keep going, if you cant afford, then fair enough but if you can afford and you "choose" not to then.....well, you're not a fan are you and you certainly give up all rights to criticise the club, its built on people paying for it ( unlike our horrible neighbours ) and if we don't pay for it, it goes away, if we all "choose" not to go, then that's it, no more Port Vale

Sorry LVID but I disagree,I've been going Vale for over thirty years! me old man and two brothers are Stoke fans and he did take me there when I was younger.Due to circumstances at the time which I can't be arsed go into I took a Vale game in and never looked back since.I was going to have a season out next season due to finances and shifts at work I also lost intrest a bit to, but I'm looking at getting a 10 game season ticket which I think is a great idea! So does that mean I'm not a fan or have the right to criticise our club.

Going to watch your football team because "its what you fancy doing on the day" will not ring true for the vast majority of people who attend football matches, i'm sorry you think that way, lets hope Vale give you what want to see during the games you go to this summer

It will give me whatever it gives me, it wont alter my expectations.

The "vast majority" just arent enough, we have to attract new blood, relying on fathers to indoctrinate their kids wont do it.

To be fair if the performances were great and we ended up getting relegated then that would be a reasonable excuse.

Is it a possibility, however slight, that we could give a good performance and win?

Watching 10 one legged men hang on to a lead from an own goal game after game might deter a few too... I dont like losing but putting in a great performance takes some of the bitter taste away... watching a total capitulation is like sucking lemons [bad example for me because I love limes and lemons]

Is it a possibility, however slight, that we could give a good performance and win?

Watching 10 one legged men hang on to a lead from an own goal game after game might deter a few too... I dont like losing but putting in a great performance takes some of the bitter taste away... watching a total capitulation is like sucking lemons [bad example for me because I love limes and lemons]

You have four options in terms of priority which come in this order;

1. Win

2. Win in style

3. Draw

4. Lose

Oh and how could I guess you love sucking on lemons! ;)

You have four options in terms of priority which come in this order;

1. Win

2. Win in style

3. Draw

4. Lose

Oh and how could I guess you love sucking on lemons! ;)

So you prefer win to win in style?

Win in style

Win

Draw in style

Draw

Lose in style

Lose

Sorry LVID but I disagree,I've been going Vale for over thirty years! me old man and two brothers are Stoke fans and he did take me there when I was younger.Due to circumstances at the time which I can't be arsed go into I took a Vale game in and never looked back since.I was going to have a season out next season due to finances and shifts at work I also lost intrest a bit to, but I'm looking at getting a 10 game season ticket which I think is a great idea! So does that mean I'm not a fan or have the right to criticise our club.

Well no because you were considering not buying a ticket due to finances but you are getting one anyway and after going for 30 years! And yes the flexi10 is a great idea - happy days

Archived