onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Ashley Vincent

vale2010

Advert

I didn't think that he was awful for us! First half of the season, he was excellent, as were the rest of the team and his wing play along with Myrie's was key in our flying start to the season. He, along with the rest, went off the boil and he picked up several injuries as he is quite light weight. I don't think that he would be good enough for us in L1, but if Mickeys budget is cut, then I wouldn't be surprised to see him training with us in pre-season and possibly offered a 1 year deal depending on fitness, purely to offer another wing alternative, especially now that Rob Taylor and Dan Jones are no longer with us. Adams is nothing nut loyal to his current and past players. As I say, I wouldn't have him back, but I wouldn't at all be surprised if the numbers game comes into it if MA (assuming he is still here) wants to boost his options. After a year at Cheltenham not playing, maybe his attitude would be spot on this time and his ego wouldn't be so big? I know that we, and I, want to move on with better players, but next year, more than ever, I can see us investing in a very decent first 11, but outside of that I can see the quality difference between our first team reserves being quite large, which may ultimately leave us with players of Vincent's ilk and quality!

I'd welcome Vincent back. He played well in the system Adams implemented at Vale, just because he didn't do well at a lesser club doesn't mean he couldn't play well again for Vale. As long as he's willing to come back with his hat in his hands and accept he overvalued his services, that is.

He certainly wasn't awful for us, some people have short memories. I agree with Daddy Pig, he was very good for us the first half of the season. He contributed to two of the best performances of the season as well with the wins against Rotherham and away game at Fleetwood which were two memorable days for Vale fans. Yes he went off the boil and got injured after xmas but he wasn't the only one.

I'm not saying I'd have him back though, he isn't the first and won't be the last to think the grass is greener elsewhere. In fact a lot of us have probably done it in life whether it be your job or moving to another sports teams(even at amateur level) and then it doesn't work out.

Looking at his career we probably got one of his best seasons out of him so in a way we should be thankful for that.

I'd welcome Vincent back. He played well in the system Adams implemented at Vale, just because he didn't do well at a lesser club doesn't mean he couldn't play well again for Vale. As long as he's willing to come back with his hat in his hands and accept he overvalued his services, that is.

Why? He has just been released by a club near the bottom of league 2, he isnt good enough... He played well in half the season, and was dire in the other half. Signing Vincent would be a huge step backwards.

Why? He has just been released by a club near the bottom of league 2, he isnt good enough... He played well in half the season, and was dire in the other half. Signing Vincent would be a huge step backwards.

Totally agree, mate. We can do better than him and there will be more options coming onto the market that will be considered by Vale.

It's hard to play well for the other half when he was injured for all of it! He's never really had a look in at Cheltenham, without knowing the facts hwo do you know his face just didn't fit? Or the system they play didn't suit him?

My first thought is that we don't want him back, but there are many instances of players not cutting it in a lower division then moving up and performing well. Billy Knott has been far better with Vale than he was at Wycombe, Akpo Sodje and Leon Constantine were languishing and not scoring in a lower division before coming and setting the Vale front line afire.

If his attitude is good (and only Micky would really be able to know this for sure) then it might be worth giving him a trial and signing him on monthly contracts for up to 3 months, little risk but remember at his best in the first half of his last season here, he could produce some scintillating runs and goals. Micky might be able to rekindle that flame, worth a thought before totally dismissing the idea.

I would at least allow Vincent to train with us if that is what he wishes. Then it would be possible to judge his attitude -he certainly showed potential and has already been pointed out he was an important part of the team that laid the foundations of our promotion. However I don't think Daddy Pig will encourage Adams to stay if he calls him a "nothing nut"

It's hard to play well for the other half when he was injured for all of it! He's never really had a look in at Cheltenham, without knowing the facts hwo do you know his face just didn't fit? Or the system they play didn't suit him?

Good players get picked and 'fit in'. There is a reason Vincent hasn't played. There Is a reason they finished low in the table. Vincent is ok for league two but to seriously suggest him as a signing for us who will be hopefully challenging the play offs is just ridiculous. Do you know the facts, I don't but I can assume from the low number of performances and low league finish that he's not been great. What facts lead you to believe that he would be good in league 1?

Archived