onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

10 game season ticket

aspins-revenge

Advert

from what little details I gathered today, you give them the dates at point of purchase and they're put on your card. I think if you produce the card for the wrong match the scanner will show it's not valid for that match.

Fair enough.

I wonder what would happen if we were in the FA Cup and games had to be moved and you couldn't make the re-arranged fixture would you be offered an alternative.

Very sketchy at the minute.

There are many reasons why a 10 ticket booklet should be fully flexible and not pre booked. Any one who doesn't live in the area will not know what games they will attend. Anyone who works shift patterns will not know their work dates 12 months ahead. All of us cannot turn up on demand, we have other responsibilities that the Vale life has to fit around.

Pointless from my perspective if you have to name them up front. I would have thought ten un-named games at £180 to be a fair price.

Priority is Season ticket sales for April and May. After that people will have the choice of single or multiple tickets, actual details are not required until the launch, possibly when the fixtures are available. Could be for any 10 games, but may not include "Big" games, or "Big" games could attract a surcharge thus keeping full flexibility, which most buyers would prefer. Similar to the category system used at some clubs to cope with the higher policing costs of "Big" games. Cost £180 for adults, others pro rata, thus mid way between STs and Day tickets.

But we don't have a category system for league games and about 12,000 spare seats at each match.

I'd called today with the idea of buying one for myself (and another one for my father) under the impression that I could attend ten games of my choosing as and when I was able to choose. them. Personally, for me, the opposition for those games is immaterial, it's when I'm free of work and family commitments that I'm available (which I wouldn't know until a few days before each match: exacerbated by additional travel and associated cost issues).

Frankly, what I thought what was a very good idea, doesn't seem to be an idea at all, it seems to be yet another ill thought out and poorly communicated 'idea' that no-one seems to know how it will be implemented in practice, least of all any-one who works at the ticket office.

But we don't have a category system for league games and about 12,000 spare seats at each match.

I'd called today with the idea of buying one for myself (and another one for my father) under the impression that I could attend ten games of my choosing as and when I was able to choose. them. Personally, for me, the opposition for those games is immaterial, it's when I'm free of work and family commitments that I'm available (which I wouldn't know until a few days before each match: exacerbated by additional travel and associated cost issues).

Frankly, what I thought what was a very good idea, doesn't seem to be an idea at all, it seems to be yet another ill thought out and poorly communicated 'idea' that no-one seems to know how it will be implemented in practice, least of all any-one who works at the ticket office.

I suppose when all the ideas have been kicked about, Norman will launch the Tickets in June, hopefully with fully flexible tickets.

Why do vale ALWAYS complicate the basic things!! I rang the ticket office to get some info about this. Pre booked games? *** how does that benefit people who only get told there rota's monthly or are on call etc! Vale fan who I work with was really keen on the 10 game ticket due to his wife always being in and out of hospital, now that all gone out of the window. I asked what happens if one of the "chosen" games got called off and moved to a mid week game that I could not make and the response I got what "were not too sure yet".

Why do vale ALWAYS complicate the basic things!! I rang the ticket office to get some info about this. Pre booked games? *** how does that benefit people who only get told there rota's monthly or are on call etc! Vale fan who I work with was really keen on the 10 game ticket due to his wife always being in and out of hospital, now that all gone out of the window. I asked what happens if one of the "chosen" games got called off and moved to a mid week game that I could not make and the response I got what "were not too sure yet".
Has the 10 match ticket been launched yet? Is it for sale? That is why the staff dont know all about it. But it does need to be fully flexible.

I'm in the same boat. I've managed 10 games this season because of other commitments, this offer would of been perfect for me. However if they need to know which games i'll be attending then it would be pointless, as i wouldn't have a clue what days i'll be available. Oh, i won't be paying the pay on the day prices for next season either, i ain't paying that much, sorry. Sort it Norm.

It depends what price they are to be sold at. Using the railways ticketing concept if you book well in advance on designated trains you pay a lot less than a fully flexible ticket.

So a fully flexible needs to be at least £199 whilst nominated games no more than £179

I think the 10 ticket idea is a good idea, but thats all it seems to be at the moment, an idea.

It isnt new, it isnt new to vale, it isnt even new to smurf, wasnt this idea mooted last year when wildes was here?

It just hasnt moved on yet from an idea to being practical because it seems no one has given it much thought or got to grips with the practicalities.

When was the last time we had a full house? It is doubtful that we will get one next year so space/seats arent the issue, a problem may arise about where the 10 ticket buyers will sit as certain parts of the ground are more popular than others and may get over subscribed for "big" matches.

A voucher system would work but it would/could create problems on match day as people try to redeem the vouchers for specific stands along with, hopefully, people queuing for pay on the day tickets and/or people trying to buy tickets for the next game.

A designated stand system [bycars?] may work but could discourage some because its not the best of views.

The whole principal of a 10 ticket offer is worthless if the games are pre decided simply because the basic idea appeals to people who need it to be flexible ... pre deciding stops it being flexible.

It depends what price they are to be sold at. Using the railways ticketing concept if you book well in advance on designated trains you pay a lot less than a fully flexible ticket.

So a fully flexible needs to be at least £199 whilst nominated games no more than £179

The people who will be attracted to the idea are the people who dont/wont know which games they will be able to attend well in advance.

Just taking one scenario... 1/2/3 matches get rearranged to a different date that the purchaser cant make... it becomes a financial loss to the buyer if 1 game gets postponed so where is the incentive to buy.

We arent trying to regulate the numbers attending we should be trying to attract more

Archived