onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

10 game season ticket

aspins-revenge

Just because you have a season ticket doesn't make you a better supporter than me mate.

If you read properly i said i work loads of Saturdays.

You try telling someone with that seat number on that you got there first mate. I've seen it about 10 times people kickin off because of seats and tickets. I'm going watch a match not have a row.

My point is not unvalid at all

I never said I was a better supporter? You try reading what I said! Of you want to sit in a particular seat, get there early enough to have a full choice of where to sit!

Advert

As i've said before i'm sick to the back teeth of this all ticket system.

I cant sit by my season ticket friends because most of the time who evers fluked that seat by buying a ticket sits there. Drives me nuts.

Its put me off goin...and bringing the mrs a few times this season because i'd have to listen to just her!

Also i work loads of Saturdays that i dont know in advance which ones.

Its got to be any 10 matches you want and an allocated seat.

If i'm paying up to £200 i want one of the 12,000 empty ones with my name on it

Agreed, we need more fans at games, there are enough empty seats at VP for all to be given an allocated seat whether they buy 23 or 10 matches. Surely we have to make it more attractive for different life patterns. Start selling in June after ST renewal deadline.

BIRDY I thought it was 23 quid in advance next season hence me saying circ 199 for a flexible ticket. I don't think it should be anywhere near as low as the cost per match of a ST because ST holders have no flexibility. If I'll or it's peeing down ST holders still have to go or lose the value. If it is to be a10 match designated ticket then yes impressive to be nearer the ST match price.

A per game price for a ST for the Railway in April/May/June is £14.13/15/15.86 so I don't think it is not unreasonable for a 10ST to be in the region of £18 per game and possibly a bit more after June. It's in effect a half season ST so prices should reflect that commitment.

Personally, I don't see why the ten game ST can't be priced the same as and the same way as the full ST.

It's not a competition between the ten gamers and the full gamers, and asking the ten gamers to pay more than the full gamers just seems petty to me. It's about providing equality of access in terms of cost to the fan base.

Further, the suggestion that booking specific games way in advance is simply a tax on spontaneity, as is the case when booking trains in advance, and so the latter is hardly a model worthy of comparison, unless we're all just consumers and not supporters anymore.

Personally, I don't see why the ten game ST can't be priced the same as and the same way as the full ST.

It's not a competition between the ten gamers and the full gamers, and asking the ten gamers to pay more than the full gamers just seems petty to me. It's about providing equality of access in terms of cost to the fan base.

Further, the suggestion that booking specific games way in advance is simply a tax on spontaneity, as is the case when booking trains in advance, and so the latter is hardly a model worthy of comparison, unless we're all just consumers and not supporters anymore.

The more matches you buy, the cheaper per match it gets, the usual sales method. Also the club has more money in advance, thus saving on interest during the season.

Lots of businesses do, they say there is a new product this year, details later. It causes talk, maybe get feedback, they can then decide on the detail and launch the product, after a full staff briefing and training. Just the same as governments do.

It could also cause people to miss out on the early bird season ticket if they are under the impression that they could have a fully flex 10 game one when. In essence the idea could be good....if thought through and implamented a month ago. But yet again just like MA contract situation its left to last minute and its obvious that this is a knee jerk reaction to low ticket sales and has not had an ounce of thinking put into it

I'm all for getting a 10 game season ticket providing the games that it's valid for aren't chosen for me, as like many others I don't know what games I will be able to attend and generally don't know what games I can attend until the week before the fixture! So even me choosing the 10 games at the start of the season would not work for me.

The pricing I'd be willing pay around £180

If it's more expensive or the 10 games are dictated in a way I can't control if I can definitely attend, I will attend a hand full of home games

I concur.

A ten game flexible ST announced now and available in June at 180 quid would be a progressive approach to attracting fans who could only attend occasionally. It would generate increased prior funds for the club amongst this cohort of fans, increase their likelihood of spending at the club on match-days (more match-days than usual, money in pocket from not spending at turnstiles), and, if the club does well, and these fans attend all ten games with a few games to go, it might encourage a couple of additional pay on the day games at the end of the season.

Do I get the marketing job?

BIRDY I reckon you have it about right there.

On an optimistic dream on note when some league games towards the end of the season are all ticket it will be interesting to see how they handle allowing for the 10 game ticket holders. Have they used their tickets or not?

BIRDY I reckon you have it about right there.

On an optimistic dream on note when some league games towards the end of the season are all ticket it will be interesting to see how they handle allowing for the 10 game ticket holders. Have they used their tickets or not?

They will have to assume they will all turn up, unless we have an electronic card system by then to track usage. If the take up is high, some areas of the ground such as, Railway lower stand, will have to have allocated seating capped, to cater for casual fans. Most big clubs limit the number of STs that can be sold, otherwise a large casual fan base is lost, who are potential STs for the future. Dont know if Norman has been on his local Leicester site, but they had a range of schemes, including a 5 Match ticket which allows 5 visits or 5 people to visit one game.

I thought I saw it mentioned in the sjokinel that if you saved the ticket stub from the Sheff Utd game, they would knock that off the price of both the full ST and the mini season ticket?? If so perhaps that should also be done on a sliding scale eg; £22 off full ST and £11 off the mini one. so if the mini one was £199 then with the reduction £188 makes it an even more attractve offer although that may depend if you have to pre book games on it, which I think it not the way to go.

You need to have a distinctive difference between 10 game tickets and season tickets

If they worked out the same price per game, I could reserve my seat and i could pick which games why would I buy a full season ticket?

I imagine most people miss a game or two through the season so it would be cheaper to buy two ten game tickets and not the full ST

Net effect less income for the club. The cold hard truth is the club needs to sell season tickets as a priority as it is money in the summer, guaranteed income and also more money from pies and programmes etc and as such these tickets are the best deal

Not everyone can afford or have the time to get to all of the matches and this doesn't make you any less of a fan. But people moaning that the offers are not tailored to their individual requirements is getting very old

If the price increase are means you can only get to 5 games and not 6 go to 5 games, if you want a specific seat go earlier, if you can't then sit somewhere else.

The club needs to do what is best for as many People as it can but it is never going to please everybody

Archived