onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Radio Stoke joke.

melv

Did you really expect any different Melv? its not worth moaning about,when stoke have a kick off at 5.30 it always happens,so I aren't really bothered just happy with a Vale win

To be fair as grumbles against Radio Joke go this one is harsh given that they have to do a pre-match as they do for all teams on games (even night games).

There is apparently a Praise & Grumble from the end of the Stoke game through to 8pm so anyone thats not happy can get their calls in then....

Advert

Melv mate you could pick an argument out of anything, we had good coverage from 2pm before kick off we were told we had not done the double over walsall since 1899 at the end of the game we were again told this, we had end of game summary from cullerton then had the same from crewe game, the radio stoke guys have a life after football they got pack all the stuff up and get off home ,do you want them employ someone else after all the cutbacks at bbc, will you be happy when your tv license goes up again, on thursday radio stoke have a live hour with our chairman, what other 3rd division club gets the coverage we do, I for one am more than happy with my local radio station

To us exiles the radio Stoke commentry on Valiant player is a great service. Mick Cullerton is as good a commentator as he was a player. Keep up the good work.

Its just a shame they have that cretin who presents alongside him! :D

As an exile myself, too, I appreciate both Mick's excellent summarizing and Lee Blakeman's commentaries.

Melv mate you could pick an argument out of anything, we had good coverage from 2pm before kick off we were told we had not done the double over walsall since 1899 at the end of the game we were again told this, we had end of game summary from cullerton then had the same from crewe game, the radio stoke guys have a life after football they got pack all the stuff up and get off home ,do you want them employ someone else after all the cutbacks at bbc, will you be happy when your tv license goes up again, on thursday radio stoke have a live hour with our chairman, what other 3rd division club gets the coverage we do, I for one am more than happy with my local radio station

The point being there was absolutely no need for RS to have coverage of the Stoke game on all 3 wave bands (FM,MW & DAB).It would have been simple to just carry on the normal post match coverage,phone in,texts etc on say the FM channel.There would have been those that traveled down to the game.There would have been many Stoke fans gone out early to watch it in the pub.Then the ones who watched it at home on TV.Absolutley no reason at all for it to be on all 3 wave bands to the detriment of the other two teams in the area that RS cover.

As an exile myself, too, I appreciate both Mick's excellent summarizing and Lee Blakeman's commentaries.

I genuinely feel an untrained chimp could do a better job than that guy. He needs to stop telling us what players, management and officials are thinking. There was a period in a game recently where he didn't comment on what was going on in play for over 4 minutes, he needs a good spanking! :)

The trouble with Mr Blakeman is that he never presses his questions. Peferring to accept any rubbish that is quoted to him. RS is crying out for a good investigative journalist to point out Smurfs many counter quotes on his original remarks and to ask where he gets his figures from. We all know how his 'Royal Smurffyness' would react but who cares as he looks nice with a blue face.:smurf:

The trouble with Mr Blakeman is that he never presses his questions. Peferring to accept any rubbish that is quoted to him. RS is crying out for a good investigative journalist to point out Smurfs many counter quotes on his original remarks and to ask where he gets his figures from. We all know how his 'Royal Smurffyness' would react but who cares as he looks nice with a blue face.:smurf:

Well thursday we get the chanc3 to call in and ask the questions

Well thursday we get the chanc3 to call in and ask the questions

Selected questions.A much better option would have been for Smurf to be at the SC on the same night and RS to be there where any questions that have been sent in asked as well as the live unvented questions.

Archived