onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

season ticket prices....are you happy ?

windsorvale4ever

Advert

I was expecting to pay for my son last year but when they moved the band to under 12 I got his ticket for free. I'll have to pay this year but I'm viewing it that I got an extra year free ! There seems to be some justification in the majority of things he's announced and he's clearly put some thought into it all. Decent value as he watches the game and enjoys himself (well usually !)

I think kids and their parents have been let down with this announcement. The £125 kids ticket is too expensive as it stands, but factor in the lack of ANY family facilities and it's clearly poor value for the average parent. Kids and families were promised the earth in the shape of family facilities, catering, entertainment, incentives and opportunities, but none of this has happened. Even the new Junior Valiants scheme has failed to deliver the promised benefits, such as flag bearers draw for all members, train with the players opportunities, exclusive competitions, entertainment etc, etc.. all failed to materialise. The 8-11 age group is when young fans get the bug for watching football, and this latest development could potentially alienate a generation of future hard-core supporters. People have already stated that Vale are the only club to allow u12s for free, but this should be seen as a massive positive for the club, and we should continue this offer instead of acting like sheep and taking the easy option of charging kids in this age band.

Don't get me wrong obviously most people want something for nothing, but hang on, are these also the same people moaning about budgets being cut etc. Sorry but you simply cannot have it all ways. Left to me I personally think they should charge for anyone over five, where else do you know where its free for kids.

Chester Zoo - Over 3's £13

Waterworld - No free entry 1.1m below £7.49

Cadburys World - 4-15 yr old £11.70

Alton Towers - 4-12yr old £30.60

Blackpool PLeasure Beach - £15.99 kids cheapest ticket

Trentham Gardens - £7.75

Madam Tussauds - £19.29

I would have no gripes about charging 5-12 Year Olds £80 a ST in Family area £100 elsewhere still only works out at £5 for 2.5 hours what else can you get for that?

I would have no gripes about u12s having to pay a nominal fee in a family enclosure, but we still don't have one! Expecting 9 year olds to pay upto £165 to sit in the Bycars is not good business.

Bluedevil - £125 kid ticket to expensive? it works out at about £5.21 a match sounds a bargain to me

In fairness to BD and other parents, it will be very rare for these kids to attend every game, especially midweek, which obviously soon changes the value for money.

Walsall offer a scheme where 12-18year olds get a ST for £46 and then receive £2 cash back at the turnstile for every game they attend, giving the possibility of a total refund. Under 12s are free.

I think most of the criticism of the junior ST announcement is that little or no thought has gone into the pricing, and no incentives on offer, whereas other clubs such as Walsall have right identified the value of kids attending games, not only now but for the future.

I think if you look at similar sized clubs to ours, the junior rates are probably going to be some of the worst on offer.

I think most will wait a few weeks to see who the Manager is for next season.

Must admit that was my first thought, but then again MA walking away wouldn't stop me from going to games and this is still the cheapest option..

Archived