onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

How bad were man U

JOHNNYAITCH

Advert

I've been waiting years to see United capitulate like this. I won't lie to you, I'm loving it!

The only sad thing about it is it didn't happen when that sour faced, red nosed ******* was in charge.

I agree, and Chelsea is another club I'd love to see having the same run. Terry's blatant disregard for the game in Istanbul, amongst other things , makes me dislike them even more. It will probably never happen, but I'd love to see a club like Burnley win the Prem.

They won the league by 11 points though! Yes it was a team that needed a shake up but the decline has been alarming (and ****** hilarious) I can honestly say if one of us had been given the job they wouldn't be any worse off than they currently are.....

Utd have over performed for years under Ferguson- for :censored:s sake they replaced Ronaldo with Antonio Valencia! The Fergie factor should not be underestimated

• 3 weeks later...

Trouble is he keeps playing Mata out wide and for the life of me I can't think why..the man needs to be at the heart of the attacking play, linking things up, setting up chances

This time last season, David Moyes' Everton had 48 points from 29 games, having scored 46 goals & conceded 35. This season, David Moyes' Manchester United side have 48pts from 29 games, having scored 46 goals and conceded 34 ... so he is improving on last season

• 5 months later...

United are after Sporting Lisbon’s William Carvalho,Juventus’s Arturo Vidal,Milan’s Nigel de Jong and Ajax’s Daley Blind which would in total cost them over £80m but they have had difficulty all summer in unloading players,with salaries being far too high.

This was illustrated by the loan-deal that took Nani,who earns £115,000-a-week to Sporting Lisbon as part of the £16m transfer of Marcos Rojo from the Portuguese club.United agreed to pay the winger’s salary while there,which equates to around £4.14m for the season.

Nani heads a list of players who draw lucrative salaries despite being deemed by Van Gaal as being surplus to requirements.Ashley Young,who the club would listen to serious offers for earns £115,000 a-week,which equates to an £11.9m salary over the final two years of his deal.

Javier Hernández,the subject of a bidding war between Valencia and Juventus has two years remaining on a basic salary of up to £88,000,a total of £9.15m.

Anderson,who is now back at United following last season’s loan at Fiorentina,earns £80,000 a-week,which is £4.16m until his deal ends next summer.Shinji Kagawa, who is interesting his former club Borussia Dortmund,is paid £70,000 a-week as is Marouane Fellaini,though the latter’s ankle injury means United will not be able to sell him this window.As both players have two seasons left on their terms,the club is due to pay them £7.2m each.

Tom Cleverley,who is set to join Aston Villa is one of United’s lowest earners,drawing a basic wage of only £30,000 per week though his deal is heavily incentivised so can be markedly higher.As Cleverley’s contract expires in May,any terms Villa offer would have to be attractive or he could choose to wait and leave then as a free agent.

If United were to sell Welbeck,Young,Hernández,Anderson,Kagawa and Cleverley before the end of the transfer window, they would save a total of £463,000 a-week and with the potential departures of Nani and Fellaini in the future,this figure could reach a staggering £646,000-a-week that the club would save.

Apparently,23 year old Welbeck was told by Van Gaal that he could stay at United but would have to accept not being a first-choice striker as Wayne Rooney and Robin van Persie enjoy this status.

United are after Sporting Lisbon’s William Carvalho,Juventus’s Arturo Vidal,Milan’s Nigel de Jong and Ajax’s Daley Blind which would in total cost them over £80m but they have had difficulty all summer in unloading players,with salaries being far too high.

This was illustrated by the loan-deal that took Nani,who earns £115,000-a-week to Sporting Lisbon as part of the £16m transfer of Marcos Rojo from the Portuguese club.United agreed to pay the winger’s salary while there,which equates to around £4.14m for the season.

Nani heads a list of players who draw lucrative salaries despite being deemed by Van Gaal as being surplus to requirements.Ashley Young,who the club would listen to serious offers for earns £115,000 a-week,which equates to an £11.9m salary over the final two years of his deal.

Javier Hernández,the subject of a bidding war between Valencia and Juventus has two years remaining on a basic salary of up to £88,000,a total of £9.15m.

Anderson,who is now back at United following last season’s loan at Fiorentina,earns £80,000 a-week,which is £4.16m until his deal ends next summer.Shinji Kagawa, who is interesting his former club Borussia Dortmund,is paid £70,000 a-week as is Marouane Fellaini,though the latter’s ankle injury means United will not be able to sell him this window.As both players have two seasons left on their terms,the club is due to pay them £7.2m each.

Tom Cleverley,who is set to join Aston Villa is one of United’s lowest earners,drawing a basic wage of only £30,000 per week though his deal is heavily incentivised so can be markedly higher.As Cleverley’s contract expires in May,any terms Villa offer would have to be attractive or he could choose to wait and leave then as a free agent.

If United were to sell Welbeck,Young,Hernández,Anderson,Kagawa and Cleverley before the end of the transfer window, they would save a total of £463,000 a-week and with the potential departures of Nani and Fellaini in the future,this figure could reach a staggering £646,000-a-week that the club would save.

Apparently,23 year old Welbeck was told by Van Gaal that he could stay at United but would have to accept not being a first-choice striker as Wayne Rooney and Robin van Persie enjoy this status.

Surely Ashley Young isnt on £115,000 a weeK?

Personally think they dont have a strong enough squad, and had papered over about 4 years of lack of investment at the end of fergusons reign with his managerial ability. Just think who they could have bought with those hundreds of millions servicing the glaziers debt.

I also think they wont get anywhere with the formation he's trying to implement with the players he has.

Archived