onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Bratt speaks and the Sentinel listens

Alan Baker

Norman replies;

Smurthwaite said: "I think I have only spoken to Mr Bratt once, but I would have thought he should have been more concerned about the running of Port Vale under his stewardship than now as a distant fan."

Read more: http://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/Port-Vale-Chairman-Norman-Smurthwaite-optimistic/story-20579033-detail/story.html#ixzz2scXi0k8O

Well said, very polite and reminds him of his standing.

Advert

Wouldn't it be justice if Norman took personal affront at the ex Chairman's actions and banned him from Vale Park.

It would but, thankfully, he doesn't go to matches.

Bratt isn't even a Vale fan. I knew Oliver, Humphreys, Jackson and Thompstone as Vale fans before V2001. I'd never heard of Bratt and to this day know anybody that knew him as a Vale fan pre V2001. It was only ever about him and his self interest.

One of the saddest things about this thread is the fact that the title is true.

Bratt speaks and the Sentinel listens

It was true when he was bringing the club to its knees, it was true when the supporters were starved of the oxygen of publicity to start the fight and its true after he did a runner into the dark corners with his cash.... WHY?

Some of you should be ashamed wishing a man dead many times on this forum a lot of you have taken the high moral stance. Mention bratts name and you want to read his obituary , punch him , hope he dies.you need to grow up . Yes he ****ed up but no need for some of this

[admin note - those threats have been removed - please see my comment on it later in this thread]

Some of you should be ashamed wishing a man dead many times on this forum a lot of you have taken the high moral stance. Mention bratts name and you want to read his obituary , punch him , hope he dies.you need to grow up . Yes he ****ed up but no need for some of this

I dont wish him dead, far from it, I hope he lives a long time with the shame, scorn and ridicule of/for what he did.

He didnt **** up he was calculating and deceptive in what he did.

Pretty much sums up my thoughts. I am ashamed at some of the comments people have written on this thread.

The only thing I want to read about bratt is his obituary

Thats not wishing him dead... its wishing him silent, no more cack reporting of what he thinks should happen at port vale,

because I would like him to suffer doesnt mean I need to see it or hear about it.

Will the Sentinel be contacting Bungling Bill to ask for his opinions on the latest news about legal action against Deakin & Miller? ;)

No need to mention anything about any possible action against himself.Just for his opinion about Deakin & Miller.Or just on the off chance that he or one of his cronies are reading.Then please contact the Sentinel to give your opinion.

I suppose one could ask why do you want to read his obituary? I have no desire to read his obituary cos that would mean he was dead

Let the man have his say and then people can judge him even further

Possibly because its one of the few things he has no direct input in and doesnt directly involve vale.

But then I dont have the same feelings about people others do... like I said Im a bi polar sociopath

Not defending Bratt Jean, he was a buffoon, but he was the only director who had a full time job at the club. It was only fair he should get paid for the job. He still had to out food in the table for his own family.

50k a year really isn't that much and especially for the role of CEO at a company the size of Vale it's peanuts. The club needed someone to run it day to day yet couldn't afford an experienced CEO so went with Bratt. Granted, it was 50k down the drain as he took incompetence to whole new levels but you can't blame him for drawing a salary for a full time job.

Some at the club would tell you he wasn't full time and my point was that the directors had agreed not to profit in anyway from their association with Vale. If we needed a CEO we should have advertised the post and given the job to a bloke/lass with the right credentials, not just hand it on a plate to a chap who had little or no experience for the role. As far as I'm concerned, the decision to pay Mr Bratt was the beginning of the end of the supporter owned club. V2001 principles went down the drain at that point.

It would but, thankfully, he doesn't go to matches.

Bratt isn't even a Vale fan. I knew Oliver, Humphreys, Jackson and Thompstone as Vale fans before V2001. I'd never heard of Bratt and to this day know anybody that knew him as a Vale fan pre V2001. It was only ever about him and his self interest.

He has been seen at a few Vale games, away from Vale Park. Wonder if anyone actually sees him at home matches and if so where?? He doesn't use Boomers dog suit does he to hide??:laugh:

As far as the comment about him being a Vale fan is concerned unfortunately I did have occasions to see him on the terraces in the "old" days in the Lorne Street. He was then an insurance broker in Tunstall and actually was a fan then. Hard to stomach the fact that he became so involved in our great Club after that. Yes he was a fan, at least to the extent he turned up at home games. We have to live with that.

Archived