onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Honesty the best policy

grebovale

3 or more seasons in L1 is better than staying in L2, it is exciting close to the play-offs, I enjoy it game by game. Building a team over a few years is enjoyable too, miracles happen, but not very often, steady improvement usually gets there.

If we're cutting the budget we won't be building though will we?

We'd probably need another relegation first.

Advert

Like he has said we will have to accept next season we have to live within our means surely you don't want us to go back into admin!!! Spending what we haven't got

At least he has been honest, maybe too honest sometimes but these are the plain and simple facts!!

So if there's only £1500 a month coming into your household you dont go out and spend £2000 a month do you??

Lady V why can you not accept that the playing budget is based on income. If the income fails to reach the budgeted figure then the playing budget goes down if it exceeds the budgeted figure it goes up.

Oh and the shop will only stock items that can be sure to sell in bulk hence some items are not 're-ordered' . Instead of putting your own negative stance on Smurthwaite's comments just go and ask the people employed at the club why your wished for hat is no longer available.

Caz - you ask how do we know he is giving us facts? - because it's bad news! no-one makes that up except posters on OVF.

Before SMURF came along we asked for honesty and we got nowt but lies.Now we have a chairman who is telling the truth how it his.yes it's painful to hear but a least we are getting the full picture of the finances of the club.he could have lied and told us all things are are rosy at PVFC .I personal thank SMURF been honest

Its a strange thing honesty Grebo, people tell you what they want you to know, sometimes some of what you need to know but never everything and its all relative to how people interpret what is said and how it is said.

Is he being honest?... I have no idea

Do I believe him?... thats a totally different question... in the general context of what I think he is trying to say... strangely enough I think I do because I think I know what he is trying to say [i could be wrong]... in the specifics?... not a damn word, others may disagree, thats their prerogative... there are to many inconsistencies and contradictions... but thats just my opinion

Lady V why can you not accept that the playing budget is based on income. If the income fails to reach the budgeted figure then the playing budget goes down if it exceeds the budgeted figure it goes up.

Oh and the shop will only stock items that can be sure to sell in bulk hence some items are not 're-ordered' . Instead of putting your own negative stance on Smurthwaite's comments just go and ask the people employed at the club why your wished for hat is no longer available.

Caz - you ask how do we know he is giving us facts? - because it's bad news! no-one makes that up except posters on OVF.

The away shirt? I didn't realise that was limited edition. Although it's not like I missed out - I've never been able to get it!

I understand the playing budget issue but that budget will take us down. Without Smurthwaite making an error with the budget v crowds this season we wouldn't have the players that have supposedly improved us.

We're now in a situation where we're making a budget cut therefore we will lose those players - and the manager if Smurthwaite's ramblings are anything to go by. We're not building, we're no going to have to go back wards.

You are assuming the bad news is the worst news he could give us. Im not suggesting there is worse news to come. It wasnt good news we needed 7,500 instead of the previous fact we needed 6,500 but in fact its 7,900 assuming its not more. It was a fact that the commercial department had a record year but the fact is its not pulling its weight. Apparently we needed "£100K a game on sunday, tonight £120K a game". It wasnt good news the shirts were delayed at the manufacturers...... in fact the shirts hadnt been ordered.

You still don't understand it do you. Wildes set the budget too high so it is having to be cut back because crowds are lower than Wildes by d g e Ted for. Even if it wasn't a rule that cannot be exceeded I for one would not criticise him for creating a budget that keeps us out of debt. Surely there are enough precedents in our recent past and throughout football in general that show it is the right thing to do. Surely you are intelligent enough to realise it is not a case of Saint Micky v Buffoon Smurthwaite. Perhaps Bratt bought Adams back on a totally unrealistic salary that the club cannot afford and BTW the club cannot continue to afford the errors with the substitutions that Adams made in a match vital to the club's finances.

Dave, were you there tonight?

It was like a sitcom. The part about unrealistic budgets was the only reasonable thing that he said.

He wants out and doesn't know how to do it.

You still don't understand it do you. Wildes set the budget too high so it is having to be cut back because crowds are lower than Wildes by d g e Ted for. Even if it wasn't a rule that cannot be exceeded I for one would not criticise him for creating a budget that keeps us out of debt. Surely there are enough precedents in our recent past and throughout football in general that show it is the right thing to do. Surely you are intelligent enough to realise it is not a case of Saint Micky v Buffoon Smurthwaite. Perhaps Bratt bought Adams back on a totally unrealistic salary that the club cannot afford and BTW the club cannot continue to afford the errors with the substitutions that Adams made in a match vital to the club's finances.

So Smurthwaite buys the club and Wildes sets the budget without any of NS's input? Give me a break.

THAT is the reason he hasn't been offered a contract in my view therefore it's ironic that it's being discussed on a thread titled 'Honesty the best policy'. It's turned around on Micky Adams and put in his court to leave so that Smurthwaite doesn't get any of the flack.

Alan no I wasn't so I have not made any comment on what was said tonight other than reference to Carpetman who was.

What I do know is that our club is in a much better place now than what it would have been if Smurthwaite had not turned up.

Also Alan whilst we know V2001 were slowly killing the club we who supported SEO in order to drive the club into administration also came within a whisker of hastening our clubs demise by doing so.

Putting it bluntly Alan if NS had not come along we as much as V2001 would have been as much to blame for the demise of the Vale.

So I for one say thank you very much Norman and I will support every measure you take to make our club financially secure.

The playing budget is based on 60% of the gates, the forecast gate for next season will be less than this season. Therefore the playing budget will be less next season. That is not a lie, just a statement of the economics.

The budget will not change unless we are promoted where that restriction does not apply, we would have £2M extra in TV money, but even then we are not likely to spend more than £8M above income which is the Championship limit before fines apply.

60% of overall revenue not gates alone. Im not convinced that ave gates will reduce, theres no guarantee Wolves, Coventry etc will go up.

Putting it bluntly Alan if NS had not come along we as much as V2001 would have been as much to blame for the demise of the Vale.

Come on Dave. Now that is rubbish. You can't blame the fans. That's very Oliver like.

My take on the honesty point is this. It's barely been raised on here, but had NS been honest about the £500k going missing in the first instance, I think fans would be more sympathetic to his position now. Instead it seems he's tried to paper over the cracks with BS excuses culminating in the worry fans now have about his ability to keep us progressing.

Come on Dave. Now that is rubbish. You can't blame the fans. That's very Oliver like.

My take on the honesty point is this. It's barely been raised on here, but had NS been honest about the £500k going missing in the first instance, I think fans would be more sympathetic to his position now. Instead it seems he's tried to paper over the cracks with BS excuses culminating in the worry fans now have about his ability to keep us progressing.

Just posted this on PVO,SMURF is covering all losses this season so what's the problem,we start next season debt free again

Archived