onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Hitzlsperger Comes Out

Advert

Current players will never come out.

The fans will give them that much stick that it will break them as a person.

Never going happen.

I don't know. Could coming out reap as much stick as Hughsey used to get? I'm not sure it would. Plus, if you're of strong enough character you wouldn't let some ignorant plank on a football terrace get to you! I think it'll happen soon enough and I really hope it does, it's nothing to be ashamed of

Completely agree GEO. If a player gets divorced, has a new GF this week does that get a big announcement. Not sure of the need to "come out" either. I am sure that everyone he played with knew about it, so why does he have to go public with this. Does anyone really care if he is straight or gay? If he does his job on the pitch and does it well who really cares what a player does off the pitch as long as it is in keeping with the law should be of no interest.

Just to let you all know I am having a Tivo box installed on Saturday, and have moved away from sky...........no difference in my eyes. You are what you are.

He obviously feels he needs too. I think it's about being perceived equally and players proud to be themselves.

At present and for many, many years football and sport in general has been perceived as homophobic, society has in general moved on and this might just give others the opportunity to feel comfortable about themselves in the workplace.

He obviously feels he needs too. I think it's about being perceived equally and players proud to be themselves.

At present and for many, many years football and sport in general has been perceived as homophobic, society has in general moved on and this might just give others the opportunity to feel comfortable about themselves in the workplace.

Its still sad REP... sad that people dont feel comfortable with who they are and sad parts of the public dont seem able to accept that not everyone is the same... its sad he feels he has to

Im not saying he shouldnt Im saying he shouldnt feel he has to

Its still sad REP... sad that people dont feel comfortable with who they are and sad parts of the public dont seem able to accept that not everyone is the same... its sad he feels he has to

Totally agree with that, large parts of society are accepting of it now, certainly a damn sight greater than when I was a kid. Sport is however (particularly football with some of the elements of support) still somewhat in the dark ages when it comes to this.

I can see where Spunkers is coming from and that sadly from a sport and particularly football perspective is the bottom line of the matter currently.

It's a sad indictment of society Geo- the same reason why we still get racist chanting: fear through the ignorance of the narrow minded.

Its a pity he feels he has to "come out". What difference does it make what his sexual preference is? Is it important that people know?

a geosname post i totally agree with, why is it news? I don't see anyone making the news for being straight.... they wanted equality, they have it but still want more. No one gives a **** what team you bat for, to be honest the fact that it's a story annoys me.

Its a pity he feels he has to "come out". What difference does it make what his sexual preference is? Is it important that people know?

You are certainly intelligent enough to know the answers to your own questions, but here is my opinion for what it is worth.

'Its a pity' etc - strictly speaking, yes, it is a pity it is a big deal. But do you mean it is a pity that it makes you feel uncomfortable to see it discussed ?

What difference? - None at all, in a fair and perfect world. This world isn't so he is taking steps to remedy that for others sake mainly, and perhaps to make himself feel freed, liberated and honest.

Is it important? - Amazing you have to ask this. All the difference in the world, as the first people to be brave enough to give the process of acceptance momentum by taking the scum's flak are making life easier for the others that will follow.

So, yes, if people know they will be less fearful and in some cases realise that what they were brought up to believe about gay people is wrong.

When we see likeable, intelligent, caring gay people on TV (Stephen Fry, Morrisey of the Smiths I will quote as 'gay-friendly) etc. it helps to break the lie that they are evil and different.

You are certainly intelligent enough to know the answers to your own questions, but here is my opinion for what it is worth.

'Its a pity' etc - strictly speaking, yes, it is a pity it is a big deal. But do you mean it is a pity that it makes you feel uncomfortable to see it discussed ?

What difference? - None at all, in a fair and perfect world. This world isn't so he is taking steps to remedy that for others sake mainly, and perhaps to make himself feel freed, liberated and honest.

Is it important? - Amazing you have to ask this. All the difference in the world, as the first people to be brave enough to give the process of acceptance momentum by taking the scum's flak are making life easier for the others that will follow.

So, yes, if people know they will be less fearful and in some cases realise that what they were brought up to believe about gay people is wrong.

When we see likeable, intelligent, caring gay people on TV (Stephen Fry, Morrisey of the Smiths I will quote as 'gay-friendly) etc. it helps to break the lie that they are evil and different.

I could see where my first post could be misunderstood so I tried to rectify [?] what I was trying to say.

It doesnt make me feel uncomfortable at all just sad that it has to be discussed as something different.

As I said its sad he feels he has to

Is it important that people declare they are straight? if it isnt then it shouldnt be important that people declare they arent.... I realise thats not how it is... thats why its sad/a pitty

Archived