onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Hitzlsperger Comes Out

When we see likeable, intelligent, caring gay people on TV (Stephen Fry, Morrisey of the Smiths I will quote as 'gay-friendly) etc. it helps to break the lie that they are evil and different.

Is that the same Morrisey who compares eating meat with paedophilia and calls it "rape, violence and murder"?

Advert

No they're not, it is persecution for something that is out of your control

I probably missed the day at school where we were taught about how gays were persecuted for centuries, used as slaves, beaten, tortured and killed..,.

its an insult to the hardships a whole race endured to suggest gays being afraid to be gay is in anyway a similar pain...get a grip

I probably missed the day at school where we were taught about how gays were persecuted for centuries, used as slaves, beaten, tortured and killed..,.

its an insult to the hardships a whole race endured to suggest gays being afraid to be gay is in anyway a similar pain...get a grip

So you are saying that being gay has never been illegal? Gay people haven't been beaten and killed because of their sexuality? That in some countries they can't be openly gay because of the fear of violence, arrest and even stoning? No bombs have been targeted by neo nazi terrorists aimed at killing gays?

Does your school not teaching it mean it didn't happen? Perhaps that says something in itself. I'm not saying that gay people have had it better or worse, it's not a competition to see who can be more persecuted. But if you don't think people have and are being persecuted for their sexuality then you are wrong.

Is that the same Morrisey who compares eating meat with paedophilia and calls it "rape, violence and murder"?

As opposed to your buddies (?) at the Westboro Baptist Church who tell us that floods, hurricanes, weather disasters, troops being killed whilst serving for their country and other such things are all down to God punishing us for being civil and normal to gays and not hating them ?

Morrissey was exaggerating a point so people would take notice, and you obviously did as you quoted and remembered it, but the comment wasn't based on hatred and a twisting of religion.

Forgetting musicians for a moment (and actually, I don't like the Smiths music at all) perhaps you would like to tell us your views on Thomas H rather than posting a thinly veiled disapproval.

So you are saying that being gay has never been illegal? Gay people haven't been beaten and killed because of their sexuality? That in some countries they can't be openly gay because of the fear of violence, arrest and even stoning? No bombs have been targeted by neo nazi terrorists aimed at killing gays?

Does your school not teaching it mean it didn't happen? Perhaps that says something in itself. I'm not saying that gay people have had it better or worse, it's not a competition to see who can be more persecuted. But if you don't think people have and are being persecuted for their sexuality then you are wrong.

I thought we were talking about gay footballers being urged to come out? I dont think that gay footballers earning thousands a week have had it as bad as black people. It seems you do. Sorry to hear that.

I thought we were talking about gay footballers being urged to come out? I dont think that gay footballers earning thousands a week have had it as bad as black people. It seems you do. Sorry to hear that.

No, YOU were saying that gay people weren't persecuted for their sexuality. Look back a few posts if you can't remember.

Also does a gay footballer earning thousands have it as bad as a black player earning thousands? What a bizarre comment that was!

There was a time not so long ago that we didn't educate the masses of the evils of slavery, because folk of a similar position as yours neglected to believe it ever happened.

It is well documented the persecution of gay people in WW2 and historically over the centuries. Maybe you should have spent more time in the history class?

There was a time not so long ago that we didn't educate the masses of the evils of slavery, because folk of a similar position as yours neglected to believe it ever happened.

It is well documented the persecution of gay people in WW2 and historically over the centuries. Maybe you should have spent more time in the history class?

As far as I know gays are well accepted in today's society. We are talking about a tiny percentage of privileged footballers here are we not? I don't recall any jews in football desperate to announce their religion, they were given a rougher ride in ww2 wouldn't you say? Or any romas/gypsys clamouring for acceptance? have nothing against gays, lesbians or bisexuality, I just cant understand the importance of telling everyone you are a gay, nobody cares. Mountain, molehill in my opinion

I will add thatin today's world Muslims have it much more difficult than gays yet you dont see Muslim footballers maiking a song and dance do you

As far as I know gays are well accepted in today's society. We are talking about a tiny percentage of privileged footballers here are we not? I don't recall any jews in football desperate to announce their religion, they were given a rougher ride in ww2 wouldn't you say? Or any romas/gypsys clamouring for acceptance? have nothing against gays, lesbians or bisexuality, I just cant understand the importance of telling everyone you are a gay, nobody cares. Mountain, molehill in my opinion

I will add thatin today's world Muslims have it much more difficult than gays yet you dont see Muslim footballers maiking a song and dance do you

Why on earth should it be ok for gay people to be accepted into society but not into the narrow minded world of sport (particularly football).

Just because footballers particularly earn rediculous wages in some cases doesn't make them hurt and more when victimised.

People shouldn't have to put up with victimisation from customers (fans) or employers (clubs), we all live in the same world by the same laws.

As opposed to your buddies (?) at the Westboro Baptist Church who tell us that floods, hurricanes, weather disasters, troops being killed whilst serving for their country and other such things are all down to God punishing us for being civil and normal to gays and not hating them ?

Morrissey was exaggerating a point so people would take notice, and you obviously did as you quoted and remembered it, but the comment wasn't based on hatred and a twisting of religion.

Forgetting musicians for a moment (and actually, I don't like the Smiths music at all) perhaps you would like to tell us your views on Thomas H rather than posting a thinly veiled disapproval.

I have absolutely no connection with the Westboro folks. But this is not about religion, nor was my comment about homosexuality. I was just responding to your assertion that Morrisey is a "likeable, intelligent, caring" person. If his comment had been made against any one of several other groups, he would have been criticised by everyone. But it's okay to bash people who like a good steak?

You ask my views on Thomas Hitzlsperger? He is very brave to confess in the way he has. I don't know why he has done so, except to perhaps conclude that it is just to enhance the liberal agenda.

Why on earth should it be ok for gay people to be accepted into society but not into the narrow minded world of sport (particularly football).

Just because footballers particularly earn rediculous wages in some cases doesn't make them hurt and more when victimised.

People shouldn't have to put up with victimisation from customers (fans) or employers (clubs), we all live in the same world by the same laws.

Now you are stereotyping all football fans as narrow minded and homo phobic when that clearly isnt the case, it is a minority of fans who express those views. Mountain molehill, drama queens

Your logic makes my head hurt.

Of course he shouldn't have to come out, but it is an issue, which is why we have no openly gay footballers. He isn't 'clamouring' for acceptance. Just your twisted perception.

Maybe you don't get out much if you truly believe there is no prejudice left against GLTB people. Yes, tolerance levels have improved but there are still a large number of physical and verbal attacks every day - yes, in Britain. Sadly, some people do 'care' about other peoples sexuality (not really the right word though).

As one example amongst many, This from as recent as 2010 :-

Gay Londoners see attacks rise

By Rebecca Taylor Posted: Wed Apr 21 2010

Time Out investigates the recent dramatic increase in attacks on gay Londoners and venues in the East End.

'We were on our way to the George and Dragon [in Shoreditch]. One Asian guy started shouting “Gay guys! Are you ****ing gay?”

Suddenly there were ten of them. They surrounded me. When they were just about to beat me up, a car stopped and some more Asian guys came out of the car and shouted, 'It's not worth it, they are just “batty boys”. So they let us go, but they still threw a couple of bottles at us.'

Homophobia Facebook site

This is one entry, among dozens, that has appeared during the last few months on the Facebook site 'Homophobia in E2'. The group was set up last summer to log a wave of homophobic crime that has hit the Shoreditch area over the past year.

This is not unusual and has been seen in of parts of the UK.

Not being drawn into your diversion about Muslims, but certainly until the murder of Lee Rigby, attacks on Muslims were very infrequent, and even that incident only saw a small number of idiots 'retaliate' notably one Ukrainian student who had only been in the UK a very short time.

Archived