onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Wednesday 1st January 2014, Preston v Vale , Match, Post Match Discussions

Robbie Earle's Perm

Advert

It would be superb, I think it would be our result of the season so far for me I think.

Definitely take a draw now though if offered given how good they have been this season, how they totally dominated us with a man short at home and the quality of their midfield.

Without a doubt , a win would be the result of the season so far. I'm dreading this game, as Preston are on such a good run. Come on Vale , a win would be fantastic , but realistically I'd snap your hand off for a draw. :vale:

Without a doubt , a win would be the result of the season so far. I'm dreading this game, as Preston are on such a good run. Come on Vale , a win would be fantastic , but realistically I'd snap your hand off for a draw. :vale:

I wouldn't be so quick to write Vale off. Yes, Preston are a good side as their performance at VP proved, but they have had a couple of bad outings lately and it wouldn't surprise me in the least if Vale brought back at least a point.

I wouldn't be so quick to write Vale off. Yes, Preston are a good side as their performance at VP proved, but they have had a couple of bad outings lately and it wouldn't surprise me in the least if Vale brought back at least a point.

...and if you look at their home form - one win in 6 (3 draws and 2 defeats), so a win for us wouldn't be a huge surprise. Let's hope MA picks the right team.

I wasn't at the Rotherham game, only saw the two goals on highlights, but did listen to the game on radio at work.

Yes Rotherham aren't the best side we've played this season, from all accounts we played a blinder & really came together to everyone's delight.

Preston will be a tough game, but I think if our back four hold their resolve, our strikers can really bring home the bacon

3 points are no way out of our reach.

So no griff but Robertson back in the squad !,jmw out for a few weeks so opens the door for someone else to take to the field .

Johnson

Yates Chilvers Duffy Dicko

Tomlin Lines loft R Taylor {if fit if not Tomlin to the left side and Birchall or Shuker to the right ,personally rather have shuker but thats not my call }

Williamson

Pope

A bit of zip up front in the form of willo over doddsy !

Thats the team id go with !

After Dodds`s goal on Sunday? His place must be secure, keep the same team Birchall for Griff.

Just on Williamson being in the team, he for me has the most to prove in the squad... He gets so many good chances when he is on the pitch, but his finishing is at best below average (not poor, because he does get a few) the lad needs to say behind in training and practice his 1 on 1's and getting them on target!

He has the odd spell that keeps him in the match day squad but for me he wouldn't start unless he's putting the ball in the net (at a decent ratio), is he a striker or should he be a winger or someone who plays just in front of the midfield?

I'm yet to see a striker in him tbh... He's got such great pace and strength - where should he play?

Williamson's a funny one. He always looks most dangerous when coming off the bench. Yes he misses quite a few chances, but I also think as a partnership, him and Pope work the best together as a pair, although he never performs as well when starting. I'm convinced there is a player in there, I just don't know what his best role is.

Archived