onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Sam Johnsons on the ****

Eavsie

Advert

In an ideal world, no Vale palyer would drink any alcohol in the season, and maybe in the close season too. They would never go near a ciggie, be in bed for 11pm every night and eat a totally organic diet, never touching processed food, crisps, takeaways, and suchlike. They wouldn't gamble, have sex outside marriage or tell rude jokes.

Trouble is, they might just all get so depressed they'd hang themselves !

People, players are human and will do things they want to do, we can't and shouldn't tell them what to do as we are fans, not their employers.

Behind the scenes, IN PRIVATE, perhaps it would would be right for the manager or someone else at the club to monitor players drinking and any other activities that might affect their fitness and performance - but this is a minefield, and if it destroys morale for the sake of a couple of pints it surely is not worth it.

Who knows which players have 2,3, 5 6, pints or whatever, and what effect it has 48 hours before a game.

Common sense - certainly 2 or 3 pints twice a week is no problem, 6 pints as a Christmas one-off should be easily brushed off by a fit young lad.

8 or 9 drinks once or twic a week will affect performance and anyone who has a few or a lot of drinks every day needs some help, Someone mentioned Gary Roberts, one of many who din't use his great talent fully - but we couldn't force him to, which was a pity.

The point after all this rambling is that I would imagine someone at Vale will keep an eye on not only the goalkeepers but all the players, and judge team selection, future contracts and other things accordingly.

I do wonder though, what the opening posters motives were. If he really wants the best for PORT VALE FC, then starting this thread is not the right thing to do.

Don't make it so that the players feel they cant go out for a beer without being watched and judged and then getting their licves discussed in public. You wouldn't like it, no would I - Id be resentful and angry and I wonder if players who get this kind of thread are too.

It would be fasr better to be disciplined (what he/she is asking of Sam after all !) and KEEP IT SHUT IN PUBLIC - not thread, no open trial by internet, no trouble. IF there is such concern, write to the manager and ask him what he is doing about it, but don't be surprised if he replies and tells you to mind your own. So Id quite like to see a reply from the opening poster telling us what advantage there is in having this thread, and whether he/she thinks it will improve morale, performance, or the players personal matters- if so how ?

I feel my message from the original post has got lost somewhere along the way & this is no way a personal attack on any individuals. I have no issue with players having a drink, for all i know Mr Adams has told them they can after a match but i personally don't think they should be out when we play on the Thursday then have a game on the Sunday, after that we don't have a fixture for 7 days so by all means go out relax and enjoy yourselves. Ultimately it's up to Micky to manage these behaviors not myself or anybody else on here

Shock, horror! Football player is out drinking! Call the Sentinel.

They all do it, as long as it's not affecting his football which I doubt it is as MA would soon be on his case.

If we all posted a new thread on here every time we saw another player drinking we'd talk about nowt else.

Leave them to it . Merry Christmas Mr. Johnson.

I feel my message from the original post has got lost somewhere along the way & this is no way a personal attack on any individuals. I have no issue with players having a drink, for all i know Mr Adams has told them they can after a match but i personally don't think they should be out when we play on the Thursday then have a game on the Sunday, after that we don't have a fixture for 7 days so by all means go out relax and enjoy yourselves. Ultimately it's up to Micky to manage these behaviors not myself or anybody else on here

We're playing on Wednesday. Unless they've postponed the Preston game incredibly early.

Archived