onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Sun, 29th December 2013, Vale v Rotherham, Pre Match, Match itself

Fosse69

Advert

It is going to be a hard game tomorrow. Rotherham have the 3rd best away record in L1 and only Peterborough and Orient have scored more goals away (19 in 11 games). They will really be up for it after last's season's hammering at Vale Park and we will have to be at our best to beat them, particularly in midfield. If we play two wingers as against County, whoever plays alongside Popey had better be prepared to track back or we're going to be overwhelmed in the middle.

This will be the key to the game. We may all hate Evans but he is an astute manager and my guess is that he will play 5 across the middle and try to get us on the counter with Pringle and Frecklington breaking from deep to support Agard. I'm sure we can beat them but the game plan, team selection and motivation will have to be spot on.

Coming over from Swot Town for this with my son, so I hope it will be worth it. C'mon the Vale!

Have a safe trip mate.

I agree griff has been very poor the last few games but as he is the only player of his type we have in the squad I'm willing to give him another chance. Against a good footballing side like Rotherham is the sort of game he 'should' excel in.

I would agree if he was doing the bits of his game well that make him that type of player. But he isn't tackling well and seems to be yards off pace. If he isn't doing the tackling and breaking up part of the game, then he becomes a liability.

Drop Griff for Birchall and I'd go with that.

That would be my team too.

I think as I said in the Notts County thread we need 5 in midfield and to go with such an attacking front four against Rotherham would be a massive gamble particularly given what a decent footballing side they are and the size of our pitch.

The formation would also allow us to be very attack minded when going forwards with JMW, Tomlin, Loft and Lines being able to support Pope.

I do think however Micky will probably go with Williamson over both Griff and Birchall or stick Loft left midfield and forsake one of the wingers.

Can't wait. I think win, lose or draw it will be a cracker. 3-2 Vale. Pope to get a couple.

Hopefully they'll bring a few and I'll be a good atmosphere.

I'd go for

Johnson

Yates

Duffy

Dicko

Taylor

Jmw

Lines

Loft

Griff

Tomlin

Pope

With Tomlin under strict instructions to drop inside when we don't have the ball.

It was not easy last season, they nearly made it 4-3 after being 4-0 down, anything could have happened then. It has the makings of a great match, lots of personal history with players and managers.

True, a third goal for Rotherham would have made it a lot tougher .Easy enough in the end though, after a great display from Vale that day. Getting anxious already and it's only 11pm Sat. here in Houston.

Archived