onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Port Vale 4 - Salisbury City 1

Caz or caz123

Advert

we could have any of them in the 5th round - until then just keep drawing the lowest ranked club and taking the money.
Sorry Dave but I wouldn't trust our lot to get past the 'easy' games. I've seen too many disasters against 'easy' teams. Anyway we normally give a good account of ourselves against better opponents.

Dicko was motm for me tonight was the only one who looked bothered when the game got tough in the second half. I think it was a case of lowering our standards as we started to play like them and bypass the midfield. as soon as we got them involved a few quick passes led to a peach of a ball from Taylor for popes header / goal

Rob Taylor , best cross I've seen all season , I hope Myrie was watching , its about time he learned what wingers do. reminded me of Guppy.

Griff, words fail me , I dont think he touched the ball at all in the first 35 minutes , he couldnt even find any shadows to chase, please please can we have a proper footballer in midfield. At least they had Clovis which made it 10 a side.

If only Taylor could reproduce that form on a regular basis . It took 10 minutes before the ball even got to that side of the pitch but once it did it was the best individual few minutes of the season. I repeat that is what PROPER wingers do. Brilliant , more please

An away trip to man utd will bring in x10 the amount we will get for progressing through a possible banana skin.

Are you aware that Vale would only get one third of the gate receipts, less expenses, and if the tie were not televised (why should it be if we are away to man U?) then that's probably about £300-£400k. Very nice, but not 10 times the alternative - any anyway, if we get another easy tie then the chances of getting a Man U/Arsenal etc away in the 4th or 5th round are much greater as the horrordreg draws like Yeovil/Watford/Middlesboro etc. in an away game get removed.

Are you aware that Vale would only get one third of the gate receipts, less expenses, and if the tie were not televised (why should it be if we are away to man U?) then that's probably about £300-£400k. Very nice, but not 10 times the alternative - any anyway, if we get another easy tie then the chances of getting a Man U/Arsenal etc away in the 4th or 5th round are much greater as the horrordreg draws like Yeovil/Watford/Middlesboro etc. in an away game get removed.

I'm just going of what Micky quoted in the press! 70,000 fans at old Trafford would do me, as oppsped to millwall away and then a big draw at home to Wigan.

And ...if...we get an easy tie...if...we win...if...we the get a better draw...I'd take a peach of a draw now.

So to confirm please -

Would Vale get more money from

a- 11500 at Vale Park to watch Man U V Vale in 3rd round

b - 4500 Vale away at Old Trafford in 3rd round

Genuine question

The 11500 at vale park.

However, if we play them in the FA cup I'm certain both teams get a split of the whole gate. So vale would be getting a % (between 33 and 50% I'm not sure) of 80,000+ Which would be a huge figure.

I'm sure Crawley played then at OT a years ago and it was said they earned £800,000 from that fixture.

Archived