onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Final Bid from the board to shareholders?

Fosse69

Advert

Just arrived in the Post, 6 pages of voting advice, and 4 pages of No to Mo. The usual stuff, easily refuted. Hopefully someone can load it on. Enjoy or not the read.

Can you or any other can a copy and pm it to me....please ;)

A request isn't an instruction though is it so people can take as much time as they wish to make a decision.

My point was the change in emphasis, saying immediately, whereas the proxy forms show 30th May. They could just have easily restated the date.

"It is imperative that you cast your vote and return the voting slip in the sae provided as a matter of urgency, particularly as the vote will be taken on a poll of all shareholders and not on a show of hands at the meeting"

So we all have to fill in and send even if we are attending on the 1st June.

But then at the end it says:

"please return your proxy votes immediately"

So it it just proxys or all of us? They can't even write clear instructions.

"It is imperative that you cast your vote and return the voting slip in the stamped addressed envelope provided as a matter of urgency, particularly as the vote will be taken on a poll of all shareholders and not on a show of hands at the meeting."

It reads to me that if you don't send your proxy votes in they won't be counting them on the night. Which would be fine if they could be trusted!

It's a con and all the 'YES' votes will be filed in the bin.

"May we say again that the Board strongly and unanimously recommends that you should vote NO to each and every one of the special and ordinary resolutions of this EGM."

Forms should be proxied to "Malcolm Hirst - NLV" and returned to:

Malcolm Hirst

North London Valiants

c/o 3 Rolleston Close

Petts Wood

Orpington

BR5 1AN

We have been invited to the club to open all the proxies, to the club and to NLV. Two NLV representatives will be present when the club open there's and vice-versa.

A letter has been sent out today from NLV so shareholders should hopefully receive tomorrow regarding the GM and your proxy.

We will also have other announcements to make over the coming hours, days and weeks as events are changing at a rapid rate.

All for one and one [club] for us all

Forms should be proxied to "Malcolm Hirst - NLV" and returned to:

Malcolm Hirst

North London Valiants

c/o 3 Rolleston Close

Petts Wood

Orpington

BR5 1AN

We have been invited to the club to open all the proxies, to the club and to NLV. Two NLV representatives will be present when the club open there's and vice-versa.

A letter has been sent out today from NLV so shareholders should hopefully receive tomorrow regarding the GM and your proxy.

We will also have other announcements to make over the coming hours, days and weeks as events are changing at a rapid rate.

All for one and one [club] for us all

Nice one Birdy. Glad you're on the case. I would recommend everyone hang fire until all becomes clearer. I'm sending nothing to the board. If it isn't unconditional money or "Yes I think you're wonderful" I think they'd just bin it anyway.

What is really annoying is if you look back at the Liverpool takeover in a deal that was worth £300-400 mill and the "shafting" of Gillette and Hicks through court injunctions etc, why can't those in the know do exactly the same to Bratt and Co. I appreciate this may cost a small fortune, but well worth it in the long run and may become a necessary step if the egm vote fails.

Just read through it all. One part in particular stood out for me.

How many times has Bratt said that he'll stand down if fans want him to?

Well, read this:

THAT Mr William Amos Bratt be removed from the office of the company as Director with immediate effect

The Board of Port Vale, both individually and collectively, act solely to look after the best interests of the club, its staff, its supporters and the whole of the local community.

We have provided more detail of this duty of care within the additional statement from the Board of Port Vale FC, and we would respectfully ask shareholders to consider that statement in full before voting.

The Board recommends that you vote NO to Ordinary Resolution 6.

So, If we don't want him he'll stand down, but when it comes to voting for him, vote No to this resolution.

How about **** off?

This also made me chortle:

At present, you and all of your fellow shareholders control the Port Vale (V2001)FC Ltd Company which owns Vale Parkand all of the other club assets.

They've even got the nerve to bang on about the FA's fit and proper person's test.

I'm confident Mo will pass with flying colours.

Would Bill Bratt with his courtroom blast of dishonesty by a judge? Would one with a custodial sentance under his belt? Would Mike Lloyd with his past financial background going bust for in excess of a million quid?

Pity these tests came into force after they were appointed and are not retrospectively enforcable.

Guest Tony Dyche

Just read it and it would be a good document if it was not riddled with hypocrisy.

If the club was genuinely run like they describe, then the V2001 ethos would still be in place, the fans would feel empowered and the Charter would very much still be viewed as a valid document.

As it is, they have merely highlighted everything they have done wrong in getting to this sorry point.

However it fills me with dread that some will read, digest and send Bill their proxy....

Archived