onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

The Ashes 2.

For Us All

Advert

The issue is we now have is that either 2 of our top 3 are inexperienced, or our number 5 and 6 are inexperienced, depending on whether Root or Bell move up. Ordinarily, I would say put Bell at 3, Root at 5 and Prior at 6, but Prior hasn't got the ball off the square for 6 months.

Given our record in Perth, Adelaide has now become a "must-win".

Yep that's the issue, because 3 is so important and Carberry is also inexperienced Bell has to go in at 3, I wouldn't move Pieterson. I'd go with Root at 5, Stokes (or bairstow, 18tests) at 6 and if the pitch is quick and firm play Finn. Let Finn start bowling the short stuff at their tail end and see if they like it.

Yep that's the issue, because 3 is so important and Carberry is also inexperienced Bell has to go in at 3, I wouldn't move Pieterson. I'd go with Root at 5, Stokes (or bairstow, 18tests) at 6 and if the pitch is quick and firm play Finn. Let Finn start bowling the short stuff at their tail end and see if they like it.

Pietersen has said that he doesn't want to bat at 3 so it's a toss up between Bell and Root.Belly has batted at No 3 for England 37 times and averages 39.9 having also made his best Test score (235) in that position,so he would be favourite.

Bliddy warm out there today. Best we can hope for here is a draw, but I think a follow on and a loss will follow.

Bliddy warm in December,now that's completely wrong Cheeky.I'm sure you'd prefer to be at the Theatre of Nightmares,freezing your nuts off against Salisbury in our quest for silverware.;)

Bring in Stokes for Trott and replace Tremlett with Monty.3 quicks and 2 spinners. Stokes at 6 or 7 and everyone else move up one. They are all due a big score.:D

If Tremlett cant bowl at top pace he's a waste.

I still can't understand why they didn't take Graham Onions--he was the highest wicket-taker in the four day game last season, is now fully fit and a proven performer--all the theories about big, tall bowlers seem to have come to nought so far on this trip!!

Incredible day's cricket, brilliant to see Michael Clarke, one of the best players of spin, bat against two spinners.

Tremendous hostile bowling from Mitchell Johnson, Cooke was out to an unplayable ball and Root and Carberry did well to survive. The Aussies must be hacked off they didn't review the last ball of the day as Carberry was out.

Ominous for England , only hope for the series is for Johnson to break down.

Devastating bowling by Mitchell Johnson, unplayable.

Lose or draw this test, Englnd's batsmen have to find a way to stay in the middle and build some confidence and stop Australia's momentum. Bell has to bat at 3 and Pietersen and Root should stop playing extravagant shots 'til they've got 100 on the board.

Finn, being our quickest bowler, should play at Perth.

If England can't play Johnson on a flat track in Adelaide its close your eyes time in Perth.

Archived