onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Owen rejects contract offer

Advert

Hope they haven't watched him during the 2nd half of the season.

Now is his time to start to shine again.

Problem with Collins is that he isnt a full back. If he does stay i agree, it is time for him to get back some sort of form and get back to his best.

What of the other out of contract players that were offered new deals? Were they on reduced terms as well?

It is clear now that V2001 are getting short of money, if they expect one of our better and more experienced players to take a pay cut to play for a club going nowhere but downhill.

well gaz,i wish you well,and dont blame you looking after your family,wish you all the best.

Hope this shows we cannot keep going this way,whos next collins,mccombe?? teams will look at us and think,we can get him on the cheap!

Hope gaz slates v2001 when he goes.

Hope you are proud of yourself bratt.

If Burton are willing to match Owen's wage demands then it just goes to show the state of Vale now. What kind of dross will Vale attract as possible repllacements?

Indeed.

Unless we are extremely lucky, which, given the suspected financial state of the club and the organisational mess it is most definitely in, is unlikely, we will attract the kind of players that will send us headlong into the Conference.

I'm waiting to see how the club puts a positive light on this. My guess is it will either not be reported, or suggested that negotiations with Owen are continuing, or hinted that SEO is responsible. Given the recent season ticket announcement, it cannot be a fault of SEO, can it?

All of this can be so easily solved and there are just 5 men that are preventing a solution from happening. Ah well, onwards and downwards.

I think also the point is that if Owen has been offered reduced terms and has decided to leave, then this will turn more fans against the board.

They have the power to recommend an immediate injection of £1.2 million. They don't do it. They've sat on various bids for 6 months and not offered a single valid reason for its rejection. Here's the result.

It pains me to see the club go down like this, but the pressure must be maintained.

I wish the board would just resign themselves to losing. Sooner or later they will be gone, I'm sure they know this. So why not make it sooner?

Problem with Collins is that he isnt a full back. If he does stay i agree, it is time for him to get back some sort of form and get back to his best.

Totally agree, centre-half all day long.

His best performance in Vale shirt was last season at home to Notts County when he was awesome. His pace compliments his partners lack of it and from being so close to play on Saturday it was clear he is the organiser for much of Vale's defensive set-peices.

The problem is I thin he plays better with Owen at centre-half alongside him.

Archived