onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Police Release Photos...

Robbie Earle's Perm

Appreciate that there was wrongdoings on both sides on that and other days. Sad state of affairs though is that its highly unlikely that anything will ever happen against the Police, we know that and have to put up with it (wrongly so)

Doesn't sit well with me. Justice and morality have taught me that no one is above the law, especially those who are suppose to be enforcing it.

It constantly happens and in the 21st century usually caught on camera. It's an extream example but look at Ian Tomlinson/ Simon Harwood at the G20-summit. He was found not guilty of manslaughter! DISGRACE!!!

It does my head in beyond belief! The police & sentinel paint a picture for people who (and this is a pun on recent comments to the site) 'arnt in the know', or basically - were not there. Then end the article with a fans perspective regarding the police which always seems to be the opposite of what the report is saying. (As in this instance, whereby Craig someone blames police).

These people are supposedly professionals in the private sector but as per usual you can be totally incompetent and still maintain employment.

I am not for a minute not defending the Vale fans who were trying to cause trouble but in the big picture of things - that day was nothing compared to some of the things I've seen on a quiet Friday night in Hanley.(Where coppers don't behave like they do at football matches). Look at about 30-40seconds of that video I posted and you tell me how that isn't assault by the copper? It's 100% bullet-proof evidence. How can they take weeks and weeks and weeks to collaborate evidence against Vale fans while there is that kind of evidence against themselves viewable to anyone around the world via Youtube?

Its a joke!

2 wrong's don't make a right, punish accordingly and Vale fans should be getting behind each other (Non trouble-makers) and making sure our hard-earned money we are literally milked of in tax's are not paid to police like that.

rant over.

Advert

I am sure the Supporters Club will keep pushing the police to ensure any officers who were out of order on the day are brought to book.

I hope anyone found guilty following the arrests is banned for life from Vale Park by the club, and that they receive football banning orders to ensure they don't get the opportunity to travel away as has happened at places like Oxford in the past.

I am sure the Supporters Club will keep pushing the police to ensure any officers who were out of order on the day are brought to book.

I hope anyone found guilty following the arrests is banned for life from Vale Park by the club, and that they receive football banning orders to ensure they don't get the opportunity to travel away as has happened at places like Oxford in the past.

Here, here. An opportunity to root out all the trouble makers who caused problems that day.

The easiest way long term is to identify the public trouble makers, have them face justice and in future situations neither they nor the Police will be/need to be present at future games.

Has anyone, such as the lad who was bitten by the police dog, made a complaint against the police actions that day to the Independent Police Complaints Commission?

If not the police will do sweet FA about it. They only respond to complaints that are raised with the IPCC. I would imagine any witnesses to the incident could equally make a complaint to them.

Again though, how easy is it to enforce a life ban? Lads at the turnstiles aren't given mugshots of banned fans. I appreciate the club has to be seen to be doing something about the trouble, but the reality is there is little that can be done.

Again though, how easy is it to enforce a life ban? Lads at the turnstiles aren't given mugshots of banned fans. I appreciate the club has to be seen to be doing something about the trouble, but the reality is there is little that can be done.

If the police or stewards catch them breaking the banning order they can be hauled off to court. I imagine it's like breaking an ASBO, except if they're caught in the ground they can't exactly claim to have been there accidentally.

Here, here. An opportunity to root out all the trouble makers who caused problems that day.

The easiest way long term is to identify the public trouble makers, have them face justice and in future situations neither they nor the Police will be/need to be present at future games.

I'm not condoning any wrong doing, but you always seem very quick to judge fellow football fans.

I believe at least 2 of the lads in the photos are real football fans and were just caught up on this occasion, due to police tactics.

There is an element out to cause trouble, but police at football believe that any who attends a football match is out to cause disorder. This attitude needs to change, otherwise we will continue to see scenes of what we saw at the wolves match. You can't treat people like dogs and expect them to do nothing about it.

I'm not condoning any wrong doing, but youi always seem very quick to judge fellow football fans.

I believe at least 2 of the lads in the photos are real football fans and were just caught up on this occasion, due to police tactics.

There is an element out to cause trouble, but police at football believe that any who attends a football match is out to cause disorder. This attitude needs to change, otherwise we will continue to see scenes of what we saw at the wolves match. You can't treat people like dogs and expect them to do nothing about it.

Quite correct. I have never been in trouble with the police but got caught up in disturbances after the Shrewsbury game, disturbances caused solely by Police brutality! Walking with other peaceful fans up the road to the right just above the Vine, to avoid any potential trouble. No sign of trouble, chanting or anything, then plod formed a line and started pushing and whacking people! Seems they never learn

Has anyone, such as the lad who was bitten by the police dog, made a complaint against the police actions that day to the Independent Police Complaints Commission?

If not the police will do sweet FA about it. They only respond to complaints that are raised with the IPCC. I would imagine any witnesses to the incident could equally make a complaint to them.

My own experience with the IPCC has left me with a bitter taste.

For a start, most are ex/retired Police officers.

My wife & I saw a doorman & a Policeman assault a young lad outside a pub. Regardless of what he had done (if anything) he didn't deserve that beating. A Sgt appeared and we made a complaint about what we had seen. The Sgt viewed the pubs CCTV and gave us a totally different version of events to what we had seen.

We made a formal complaint the next day to the IPCC.

There were various phone calls & emails made/sent over the following weeks before the IPCC announced that because of a lack of CCTV evidence there were no independent witnesses/evidence. It was simply our word against the officers and as we'd been drinking etc etc etc.

Incidently, it took the IPCC 5 WEEKS to visit the pub to obtain the CCTV evidence, by which time it had been recorded over! The Sgt & the IPCC knew that the footage was incriminating against the Doorman/Police and so it was decided it had to be lost.

We both knew what we saw that night and the copper & doorman should have been jailed. That lad took a terrible beating.

I've never trusted the Police or their like since that incident. "Justice" sucks!

If the police or stewards catch them breaking the banning order they can be hauled off to court. I imagine it's like breaking an ASBO, except if they're caught in the ground they can't exactly claim to have been there accidentally.

When the banning order served by the courts is up, the only ban in place is that imposed by the club. I know lads who have had lifetime bans from Vale, who regularly go now that their banning order is up. One lad I know has had about 5 lifetime bans from Vale Park. :D

I may be completely wrong here, but I have no recollection of ever seeing any of those faces at the Vale before, home or away. People just come for a potential ruck, rather than the football? If so, there is little/nothing that we can do about it.

Unbelievably one sided approach as usual - I don't condone disorder by anybody but really, police "spending weeks" going through 'footage'. Nothing else better to do?

As for the faces - just because they were in the area does not make them Port Vale 'fans'!

Agree completely with cheshirevaliant - never seen them faces in or around the Vale or Boslem ever..

I hope the individual complaints and Football Fans Forum work against the officers, clearly shown in video footage to be violent and disorderly, gets as much attention from the IPC and The Sentinel ??

Police turn up for a ruck. It's group mentality. They're unbelievably similar to the 'hooligans'.

Big group of men, all in uniform trying to impose authority and look intimidating. The only difference is the 'hooligans' get psyched up in the pub and at the game, whereas the Police get psyched up sitting in a riot van outside the ground. Both sides are out to impress their peers and get a quick buzz from conflict.

On top of this, think we should have our own identification of certain coppers on duty that day.

Watch 1.50-onwards. That lad in the red England top (wearing glasses) been pushed about by the coppers and then left unattended had been bitten to shreds and was looking for help. His top's pulled up because he's been cut to ribbon's by a dog. That is as bad, if not worse, than anything else I saw that day. first time I've seen that footage but its disgraceful.

Catch ALL the trouble makers. Police included, they are people like everyone else.

AND BEFORE I GET SHOT DOWN FOR NOT SAYING HOW WE OUGHT TO GET ALL THESE VALE FANS CAUGHT... THOSE POLICE DO NOT DO THEIR JOB, WE PAY OUR TAXES FOR A SERVICE AND DONT GET ONE. DISGRACE. ANYONE CAN SEE THAT LAD NEEDS HELP.

Unbelievably the lad in the England top has since been arrested and bailed. He was actually with us that day and did nothing wrong at all - I can assure you of that!!

Archived