onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Saturday, 5th October 2013, Vale v Bristol City. Pre match, the match itself.

Fosse69

Bristol city haven't won for 18 league games..

It is noteworthy that the bookmakers are not offering long odds against Bristol City winning. Normally this would be odds-on Vale and Bristol City would be about 4/1 or more. Let's hope they don't know something we don't. Low scoring draw I reckon, then beat Peterborough after losing on penalties to Rochdale in the pus pot thing - it is Vale, after all.

Advert

Bitesize: O'Driscoll pre-Port Vale

The key lines from the head coach's pre-match presser.

Here’s the lowdown from Sean O’Driscoll’s pre-match press conference ahead of the Sky Bet League One clash with Port Vale.

O'Driscoll takes his charges to Vale Park on Saturday on the back of recent encouraging performances.

These are the key points from the head coach’s pre-match presser.

- Aden Flint has missed training with a knee injury while Louis Carey remains absent with a virus

- Jordan Wynter has now returned to full training

- O’Driscoll says he’s made plenty of phone calls but at present no loan signings imminent

- Any incoming players need experience, as City’s head coach insists: “I wouldn’t want to throw in another young lad.”

- City players enjoyed Sunday and Monday off this week with no midweek fixture, allowing the squad to enjoy some rest and recovery

- Head coach says he’s not concerned by scoring goals; his focus is on the continued “Achilles’ heel” of defending

- Port Vale pose big aerial threat, according to O’Driscoll

- Head coach says Vale “play to their strengths” on a big pitch, getting the ball forward early to there front two

Most City fans feel that the results they've had this season don't reflect on their performances so it'll be a tough game tomorrow if that's the case but 1 that we're more than capable of winning based upon our performances againstthe teams that we've faced in L1 this season.

They also say that they lack a bit defensively but they've just signed a bloke named Dunk from BHA.

Looking forward to tomorrow should be a good test again.

Wasn't he one of the players involved in that sex trial a load of BHA players were caught up in?

Lets hope the BC fans dont adopt that god awful song some Vale fans sang about Clayton to him.

No need to bring that incident up.Just you having another dig at Vale fan's.

So lets hope the Vale r at it tomoz .

One Frankie Allen firstly ,folk may dislike each other but what that little girls going through is terrible ,leukaemia aged 3 ,hope the lads turn it on mainly for her and wonderful family .

My team

Neal

Yates Robertson Chilvers Dicko

Jmw Griff lines loft

Williamson

Pope

Birchall has done well but this game is made for Jmw ,old club etc etc .

It's going be hard but I wouldn't go if I thought they would lose

3-1 Vale Pope 2 Williamson 1

ATT 7005

For the first time in a long time I am in total agreement with you on everything I think, though I do think Page will ultimately stick with Birchall.

Tomorrows Ref :

"Referee – Sebastian Stockbridge

After spending two seasons refereeing in non-league, this is Sebastian Stockbridge’s first campaign in the Football League.

In just four games this season, the official has dished out 13 yellow cards including one red in the League Two fixture between Burton Albion and Rochdale.

Tomorrows Ref :

"Referee – Sebastian Stockbridge

After spending two seasons refereeing in non-league, this is Sebastian Stockbridge’s first campaign in the Football League.

In just four games this season, the official has dished out 13 yellow cards including one red in the League Two fixture between Burton Albion and Rochdale.

Forgot to add he (Ref) could influence starting 11

Archived