onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Carlisle Pre Match/ Match itself.

mitchpvfc

A game we must win. They are struggling like us but teams have been shipping in the goals against them!

As for the team, i'd go with:

Neal

Yates

Robertson

Duffy

Dickinson

Birchall

Lines

Loft

JMW

Pope

Hughes

Duffy over Chilvers (who both had shockers last night) just for that extra yard of pace and lets hopefully see hes better at centre half than he is right back.

Birchalls delivery will be useful when on the attack and is the more safer option defensive wise than Mohamed. Lets keep the Lines and Loft partnership to start of with as we can always bring on Griff if we are getting overrun.

Popey and Hughes up top again. Both a goal threat and should bag a few against a weak Carlisle defence.

Prediction: 3-1 Vale.

Advert

I'd start Shuker.

We played more football in 45 mins with him on the pitch than we have all season.

I don't care if he's 'lightweight'.

Agree with that dont know where you‘d fit him in but on last nights performance he deserves a crack.

People soon forget it was him and Morsy that were our midfield two when we were playing our free flowing slick attacking football for the first half of last season!

mitchpvfc, Don't see how you can make any case for Duffy. He would not be in any squad of mine! Vale player, yes. To be supported if he plays, yes. Do I want him anywhere near Team-NO.

Like i said, its just simply because he provides us with slightly more pace. Chilvers was equally as awful last night. Turned way too easy, every header went to them, looked shaky on the ball and his position was quite frankly terrible.

Chilvers was given a chance against Colchester and blew it. Too easily turned and it ended up in the net. Lets see what Duffy has got.

Well i id go with !

Neal

Griff Chilvers Dicko Jones

Jmw Loft lines Mohammed

Shuker

Pope

Hugely impressed with Shuker always have been ,give him a free role and play your wingers !

Griff to c the right side is closed down !

You'd drop Yates, possibly our most consistent player at the moment, to play griff at right back? I swear you always out a but of mental into your teams just to get a laugh. And Chilvers? Really?

Yates for all his effort and work ,yes he got better by the way his crossing was very poor last week ,sorry dont rate him !

Also u look at Wolves first he should be blocking that shot !

At Oldham also at fault for the first .

Chilvers in my opinion is better than Robertson who constantly gives me the jitters !

Everyones entitled to there opinion !

Up the Vale most goals conceded this season have come through slow reactions from our defenders !

You think Yates crossing is poor, and you replace him with griff?

Yates for all his effort and work ,yes he got better by the way his crossing was very poor last week ,sorry dont rate him !

Chilvers in my opinion is better than Robertson who constantly gives me the jitters !

Up the Vale most goals conceded this season have come through slow reactions from our defenders !

If Robertson gives you the jitters, god knows what Chilvers gives you! And surely your having a laugh with Griff over Yates (who i dont rate much either) at full back right?

After all your posts this one alone has made me decide that you are slightly off on one me owd fruit

I'd just go for it on Saturday. We're bobbins at defending at the moment so just go for the "we'll score one more than you" approach.

Neal

Yates; Robertson; Dickinson; Loft

Mohammed, Shuker; Lines; JMW

Hughes; Pope

That would be my team as well. We're conceding goals even when griff plays, I think we should just attack down the wings like we are best at.

Archived