onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Carlisle Pre Match/ Match itself.

mitchpvfc

Yates for all his effort and work ,yes he got better by the way his crossing was very poor last week ,sorry dont rate him !

Also u look at Wolves first he should be blocking that shot !

At Oldham also at fault for the first .

Chilvers in my opinion is better than Robertson who constantly gives me the jitters !

Everyones entitled to there opinion !

Up the Vale most goals conceded this season have come through slow reactions from our defenders !

Do you pick these teams just for a joke? Why pick griff (a centre mid) at right back over our most consistent player on Yates?

How can you think that chilvers; an average league 2 defender is better than Robertson; a proven good league 1 player.

Advert

And although he probably deserves his opportunity, people having shuker in the starting 11 shows how badly the squad has been strengthened.

Very true. He does deserve a chance, but he rarely made the team last season in a lower league, the fact that he's making many team selections does show that we havnt strengthened.

I'd just go for it on Saturday. We're bobbins at defending at the moment so just go for the "we'll score one more than you" approach.

Neal

Yates; Robertson; Dickinson; Loft

Mohammed, Shuker; Lines; JMW

Hughes; Pope

I'd agree with that with 1 exception, if Jones is fit, he should be in the starting line up.

Reading local press up here in Cumbria tonight and Carlisle have had mega full back problems so the cue for Vale to attack from the off!!!They have used 25 players already this season!Two loanees have come in to bolster the defence.

Eh, since when was Porthill in Cumbria.:laugh:

Very true. He does deserve a chance, but he rarely made the team last season in a lower league, the fact that he's making many team selections does show that we havnt strengthened.

And yet so many thought we would do so well this season with the players we had signed. Lost count of how many suggested Doumbe or another centre half would be the final piece of the jigsaw seemingly agreeing with the managements choices.

For all my concerns its too early to judge yet, got to give it at least another 5 games.

Too many unanswered questions including Mo, best central midfield partnership, can Hughes and Pope be succeesful together etc. My biggest concern personally is Dickinson, not a centre half at all in my opinion given his positioning and lack of concentration for a number of goals this season.

However lets give them a chance, its clear it is a big step up.

Neal

Yates Robertson Duffy (Jones at LB if fit) Dickinson

Lines Birchall

JMW Dodds Loft

Pope

We played our best stuff last season when Pope and Dodds were linking up. Dodds cannot play as a winger. With JMW and Loft on the wings we have got pace and creativity, and we will be more solid in the middle by playing three.

Archived