onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Hull City Tigers

For Us All

Advert

Yeh - its them damn foreigners again init - look at the facts - before Cardiff were taken over by there foreign owner they were a destitute foreign club playing in the English league - Now they are playing in the Premiership. Similarly Hull City. Not long ago a fourth division club without any real ambition or ability. Just about keeping the Wolves from the door. Then hey oh some foreign dude turns up and has the temerity to put the teams CURRENT NICKNAME onto the end of their OFFICIAL name to become HULL CITY TIGERS and all hell breaks loose - Yeh - Tell the foreigner where to go and take his money with him and let HULL CITY AFC get back to where they belong ....Bring back Good old Fashioned English Mediocrity ...

I know what I'd rather have ......

Fancy if We ever had a benefactor who turned us into a Premiership team and wanted us to become PORT VALE VALIANTS.

God we might as well slash our own wrists -

Yeh - its them damn foreigners again init - look at the facts - before Cardiff were taken over by there foreign owner they were a destitute foreign club playing in the English league - Now they are playing in the Premiership. Similarly Hull City. Not long ago a fourth division club without any real ambition or ability. Just about keeping the Wolves from the door. Then hey oh some foreign dude turns up and has the temerity to put the teams CURRENT NICKNAME onto the end of their OFFICIAL name to become HULL CITY TIGERS and all hell breaks loose - Yeh - Tell the foreigner where to go and take his money with him and let HULL CITY AFC get back to where they belong ....Bring back Good old Fashioned English Mediocrity ...

Fancy if We ever had a benefactor who turned us into a Premiership team and wanted us to become PORT VALE VALIANTS.

From the poster formerly known as Chelsea. :razz::razz::razz:

Port Vale and no success REP

Really? ;)

He has gone way too far calling protestors hooligans and telling the fans who were singing City till we die that they can die when they want but as Bruce says its about making the club more popular globally which is what the Premier League is all about. Hull City Tigers would be fine for me.

He is also a British owner, despite his own ancestors so probably does understand more than most of the foregin owners popping up all over the place. As Bruce said he rescued the club and put £70 million in to them and helped get them to the 'promised land'.

Its worked well for teams like the Leicester Tigers in Rugby and all the teams in cricket, Warwickshire have gone a step further and are calling their 20 20 team the Birmingham Bears to associate themselves with the city and be more catchy, not sure why football doesn't want to move forward if its to make it more succesful.

I would however say a compromise of Hull City Tigers would be perfect.

Thats the problem with owners, they spend their millions and think they can do what they want.

Im all for tradition myself, sending kids up chimneys or down the pit, gin mills, paying for doctors, no holidays, queuing up at the turnstiles and paying cash, poverty [although thats become relative] and all the other things that have fallen by the wayside like press-gangs and hanging and good old national service.

REP

Rugby League has gone the same way and it makes me cringe.

I have no issue with anyone thinking differently but Port Vale FC suits me and I would support the club and love the club just as much in the Conference as the Premier league.

I'm a traditionalist I like my footie at 3pm on a Saturday afternoon or 7.45pm midweek.

Really? ;)

He has gone way too far calling protestors hooligans and telling the fans who were singing City till we die that they can die when they want

Methinks he didn't really undwerstand the chant/protest/banners

Warwickshire have gone a step further and are calling their 20 20 team the Birmingham Bears .

No bears in Birmingham..should be called the Birmingham Bunnies

REP

Rugby League has gone the same way and it makes me cringe.

I have no issue with anyone thinking differently but Port Vale FC suits me and I would support the club and love the club just as much in the Conference as the Premier league.

I'm a traditionalist I like my footie at 3pm on a Saturday afternoon or 7.45pm midweek.

minimum wage, steel toe capped boots, weeing on the bloke in front of you in the stand, leg breaking tackles from behind, fans treated like cattle..aye the good old days ;)

Archived