onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Brentford pre game

The current Brentford are a lot better than the sides we played around the turn of the Millennium, I always felt we were the better outfit especially at home against them then and should beat them but they have progressed well under Rosler and look like a side who could/should be pushing for the Championship. In fact I was surprised when they didn't beat Yeovil in the playoff final last season.

It's a tough start but lets hope we too as a club are on the up and can push them. Keep getting that ball in the mixer to the likes of Pope, Hughes, Tomlin or whoever and we will have a chance!

Advert

I think Adams has made it pretty clear the defense and midfield from the weekend at Alfreton will start, and then obviously everyone expects Neal and Pope to play and it seems Tomlin is to be his new partner upfront.

I think it's quite clear Jones won't be fit to start on Saturday and it doesn't appear that Mohammed has made as much as an impression as hoped so I don't expect them to play, especially as I think Adams will want Griff to start next to Lines to strengthen the midfield but will also want his captain and love child Loft to have a place in the team.

If Jones is injured, I think Micky will go for:

Neal

Duffy; Robertson; Dickinson; Yates

JMW; Lines; Griffith; Loft

Pope; Tomlin

I would play:

Neal

Yates; Robertson; Chilvers; Dickinson

JMW; Lines; Griffiths; Loft

Pope; Tomlin

If everyone was fully fit, I would play:

Neal

Yates; Robertson; Chilvers; Dickinson

JMW; Lines; Birchall; Jones

Pope; Tomlin

I'm surprised how many people would choose Duffy over Yates.

No idea what the side will be as I'm not sure about fitness of Jones/Loft etc. and haven't seen any friendlies.

I hope we carry on playing decent attacking football though. With better opposition there will be games when it just doesn't work and gaps are left, but against the majority of sides I think we have enough quality to have a decent season. And by that I mean comfortably avoid relegation.

In memory of Pete Tindall R.I.P the eleven chosen will win the game ,the fans will be bang up for it and so they should be it aint a friendly .

Desire,application ,skill will win the day ,who do u choose the eleven who want it the most on the day .

Brentford ,very good side ,so what we r a very good side who last season demolished teams with skill ,excellence and will to win .

What team would i go with i aint the foggiest .

Neal

Griff Robertson Chilvers Dickinson

Lines Shuker Loft

Dodds

JMW Pope

Its obvious Yates ,Duffy and Jones wont be fit enough so dont risk them this team will rip Brentford apart 3-1 Vale Pope 2 Tomlin 1

That team would lose the game about 9-6.

The current Brentford are a lot better than the sides we played around the turn of the Millennium, I always felt we were the better outfit especially at home against them then and should beat them but they have progressed well under Rosler and look like a side who could/should be pushing for the Championship. In fact I was surprised when they didn't beat Yeovil in the playoff final last season.

It's a tough start but lets hope we too as a club are on the up and can push them. Keep getting that ball in the mixer to the likes of Pope, Hughes, Tomlin or whoever and we will have a chance!

Not to sure about that. I remember them having Lloyd owousu, Gavin Mahon, Jay Tabb in there side

Doesn't make a team though does it, look at their league finishes around the time we beat them in the LDV final they were mid-table League One at best apart from 1 season under Martin Allen they lost in the playoffs(around 05/06ish I think). They even went down to League Two for a season after that before coming back up under Andy Scott.

In memory of Pete Tindall R.I.P the eleven chosen will win the game ,the fans will be bang up for it and so they should be it aint a friendly .

Desire,application ,skill will win the day ,who do u choose the eleven who want it the most on the day .

Brentford ,very good side ,so what we r a very good side who last season demolished teams with skill ,excellence and will to win .

What team would i go with i aint the foggiest .

Neal

Griff Robertson Chilvers Dickinson

Lines Shuker Loft

Dodds

JMW Pope

Its obvious Yates ,Duffy and Jones wont be fit enough so dont risk them this team will rip Brentford apart 3-1 Vale Pope 2 Tomlin 1

Amazing!!!

Archived