onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Brentford pre game

Tough opening game for us. I think we will find our stride after a few games and I think we will be bang on it by the Wolves game.

I predict Brentford to surprise a few on saturday with their quality. Let us not forget that injury time penalty miss cost them automatic promotion last season! I'm hoping the hurt from that and the playoffs takes a few games to get out of their systems. They have signed a couple of absolute quality additions including a Czech Rep international and a lad from Villareal who has played champions league football in the last couple of years.

I don't think we will be bang on it Saturday but I don't necessarily think they will either and we may surprise them with some of the quality we have.

I predict 2-2 and I would take that right now to be honest.

I still think we will have a solid season finishing just shy of playoffs and maybe a cup run thrown in for good measure.

Up the Vale, exciting times ahead. Let's all get behind the boys and be patient. Patience is the key!

In addition to the ones you mention (Javi Venta from Vila Real and Martin Fillo the Finnish international), they have also signed Alan McCormack (Swindon's captain for the last two seasons) and George Saville from Chelsea, both midfielders, as well as Will Grigg from Walsall (third top scorer in League 1 last season) and Conor McAleny a striker on loan from Everton. That's in addition to most of their play-off squad, including Clayton Donaldson. So they are going to be a tough nut to crack and one of the toughest draws we could have have had. I'd be delighted with a draw but who knows, we could produce the shock result of the day. Let's get behind the lads and hope we get off to a confident start.

:encouragement:

Advert

Having seen some of your starting lineups only highlights the poor choices of signings we have in the middle of the park and at the back - think we're a central midfielder of sufficient quality short and would have preferred

Brentford have some serious firepower with the signing of Grigg to go with Donaldson, would be very happy with a point. Fully expect Brentford to be in and around the top 6 come the end of the season. This will be a serious test to show where we are.

Having seen some of your starting lineups only highlights the poor choices of signings we have in the middle of the park and at the back - think we're a central midfielder of sufficient quality short and would have preferred

Brentford have some serious firepower with the signing of Grigg to go with Donaldson, would be very happy with a point. Fully expect Brentford to be in and around the top 6 come the end of the season. This will be a serious test to show where we are.

They do have some real quality in there side. With great additions to a strong side from last year. If we arent winning by 3 in 20 mins I hope the boo boys show a bit more patience than usual. A draw would be a great result.

I can see why people think a point against Brentford would be a useful start,but let them worry about us instead of us worrying about them.Vale are a decent outfit now! also got a feeling Vale park is going to be a fortress again which we have missed for a number of years,like folk have said you won't get many teams parking the bus up like in league two.lets be positive and get behind the lads on Satdee! 2-1 win with Pope and Tomlin netting.Keep the faith!!

Neal

Yates

Duffy (pacier than Chilvers and more experienced than Davis, both will be useful against Donaldson)

Robertson

Dickinson

JMW

Griff (not a fan, but no point in signing him if he's not going to play against the stronger teams, where we will be without the ball for long periods)

Lines

Birchall

Pope

Tomlin

This is a Micky Adams team we are talking about.

anyone who expects a flambuant formation obviously hasnt seen much of Vale. so u can rule out anything other than 442, 433, 532

As Brentford are obviously decent and will be up there i think MA will go defensive as its important not to lose early on and get some points on the board so i think 5-3-2

Neal,

Yates, Roberston, Chilvers (like a sweeper) Dickinson and Jones accross the back

Griiff with loft and lines infron of him

pope and hughes up top

then if goals are needed he can bring on Tomlin / JMW / Mo

If MA is feeling abit risky he may opt for a traditional 4-4-2

Neal

Yates - Roberston - Dickinon - Jones

Dodds - Griff - Lines - Loft

Pope and Hughes up top

again with options if we are getting whalloped!!

I think MA would be chuffed with a nil niller cant see us keeping them out though........so i think we might sneak a 2 -2 with a late equaliser....pesermistic i aknow but i think its a really tough starter!!

I cant remember what game it was but I saw Duffy have his best game for Vale at CB in a home game last season and think he could get the nod over Chilvers(as he was supposed to of played well there in the Friendly on Saturday too),I know you wont agree but I would sooner have Yates at RB than Duffy.

I would pick Yates above Duffy, i thought Yates was excellent last season and has been underated by many fans since he came here. His form at either full back position has justified my support for him. What i like about him is that when he has been dropped he has come back a better player and shows wiilingness to fight for his place. Duffy was dire against Derby and looked way to slow

This is a Micky Adams team we are talking about.

anyone who expects a flambuant formation obviously hasnt seen much of Vale. so u can rule out anything other than 442, 433, 532

As Brentford are obviously decent and will be up there i think MA will go defensive as its important not to lose early on and get some points on the board so i think 5-3-2

Neal,

Yates, Roberston, Chilvers (like a sweeper) Dickinson and Jones accross the back

Griiff with loft and lines infron of him

pope and hughes up top

then if goals are needed he can bring on Tomlin / JMW / Mo

If MA is feeling abit risky he may opt for a traditional 4-4-2

Neal

Yates - Roberston - Dickinon - Jones

Dodds - Griff - Lines - Loft

Pope and Hughes up top

again with options if we are getting whalloped!!

I think MA would be chuffed with a nil niller cant see us keeping them out though........so i think we might sneak a 2 -2 with a late equaliser....pesermistic i aknow but i think its a really tough starter!!

And a tough start for the Bees also lets remember we arnt playing Barca.

Archived