onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Doumbe

Gazleese

Advert

I believe using next years revenue for this year's budget would be very silly thing to do the club need to maximise this years revenue for example I still await the start of the ticket bundle offers to go live on ticketmaster as I have stated on the supporters club thread as Caroline said maximise the use of the facilities

This is a policy that many American Football clubs in the NFL use to try and get around their salary cap. However, it leads to massive problems in the future and can cause teams to be very uncompetitive. They will frequently load their players contracts to be cap heavy in the future (e.g $7m in 2012, $10m in 2013, $15m in 2014). As a result, teams like the New Orleans Saints already have over $140m committed towards their 2014 salary cap, which is a major problem as the cap limit is likely to be $125m.

There is a risk that the Football League could force teams to start to do the same thing as they do in the States, as has been suggested in a roundabout way here. It's just going to cause massive headaches going forward.

At least the FL has set a % cap based on turnover for FL 1 & 2. So increased turnover can increase the amount spent on players wages. Whereas RU Premiership has set a £5M cap irrespective of turnover, which tends to level things up, but the bigger clubs cannot compete with Irish and French clubs. Lots of angles, but the important thing is to keep clubs solvent. Of course we could always rent out offices and Tommies at exorbitant amounts to improve income.

The Supporters Club should become a fund raising organisation and aim for a regular income. This could give the Supporters Club a purpose other than channelling moans and finding fault. Fund could have a definite objective such as buy a player, sponsor a player, ground improvements.

The Supporters Club should become a fund raising organisation and aim for a regular income. This could give the Supporters Club a purpose other than channelling moans and finding fault. Fund could have a definite objective such as buy a player, sponsor a player, ground improvements.
I assume you have a tin hat?

You mean the moans and fault finding that unearthed the lies of the previous board? The SC club should always be the voice of the fans. Of dissent if the situation is bad like previously, or a channel which the club owners can communicate with fans. Financial support (such as they did during admin) could be a part of it, but lets be honest, in the grand scheme of things it's going to be pocket change compared to what the club needs. It would be more beneficial helping to highlight and Improve current income channels through support and communication with the owners.

I'm under the impression donations can't be counted for this purpose. It has to be income generated by the club.

Don't give up on this yet. Might be coincidence but shirt number 16 is available. Doumbe could favour wearing 6 and settle for 16.

I don't think a deal is dead yet.

Me neither. I can imagine they are trying to sort things behind the scenes. Fingers crossed.

Archived