onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Doumbe

Gazleese

Advert

Technically if Smurf wanted could he not sponsor something at a higher rate through one of his other companies? I believe this is how the likes of Fleetwood get round this. He could say sponsor the ground name at 250k that means 60 per cent of that money then used to sign Doumbe.

The whole FL financial rules are garbage. How much have Fleetwood spent in wages & fees this summer. But they have what, a couple of thousand fans. The FL let them move money around, mainly from their rich chairman & that's ok !!! It's all total s*** !!

If them are the rules then we'll have to make do with what we've got for the time being. Would of liked to have seen Doumbe come in instead of Dicko personally, but Adams is the boss.

So that leaves us with Robertson, Chilvers, Davis & Duffy at CB, unless Adams plays Dicko there of course? I don't know why Adams doesn't play Duffy in at CB? He played over 100 games for Exeter there. I remember when we brought him in & the Exeter fans being quite surprised he didn't join another league 1 club. They thought of him as an excellent CB, so find it a bit strange that Adams as only tried him there a couple of times.

If them are the rules then we'll have to make do with what we've got for the time being. Would of liked to have seen Doumbe come in instead of Dicko personally, but Adams is the boss.

I'm glad someone agrees with me Dicko is a great left full back for this division, but I think we do need a centre half and from what I have seen of Doumbe he would have fitted the bill.

Before any of the usual suspects accuse me of negativity its just an opinion, we need a centre half not a full back,Dicko will be superb in that position and a real asset,I just hope we are not suspect down the middle.

Once upon a time the fans raised half the fee to pay for Darren Beckford. - would the fans dip in the pockets to pay Doumbe's wages - could a company sponsor him?
What scale of say match day donations would be required?

There are ways around everything. If Smurf hasn't thought outside the box, is anybody able to present him with any of the suggestions stated here. Smurf by his own admission is on a learning curve when it comes to a football business. What is glaringly smacking me in the face is the Fleetwood case. Is Smurf aware of this?

I'm sure me and my mate would be up for it.

However, I do remember bucket collecting a while ago and Micky saying we shouldnt be doing this as its not professional.

Otherwise I'd say go for it and have a 'Buy a Player' collection - we succeeded with darren Beckford and look what he did for us.

There are ways around everything. If Smurf hasn't thought outside the box, is anybody able to present him with any of the suggestions stated here. Smurf by his own admission is on a learning curve when it comes to a football business. What is glaringly smacking me in the face is the Fleetwood case. Is Smurf aware of this?

come on smurf sort it out, get him in and we will be flying next season, then watch the gate receipts roll in

Archived