onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

supporters club update

Just copied the following from the SC Facebook page

The Chair of the Supporters Club, Ally, along with Vice Chair Jim, met with Norman Smurthwaite yesterday. Here are the main points from the meeting:

* There are now only 6 executive boxes left in Vale Park for the coming season

* The Lindley Catering deal is now dead. Negotiations are underway to bring oatcakes to Vale Park, for both upstairs and downstairs areas.

* 4200+ season tickets have now been sold. From these, 100 were bought on a payment plan. 400 of last years season ticket holders did not renew.... Smurf would like to know what stopped people from renewing.

** If anyone would like to upgrade their season ticket to be a vp, the cost will be offset against what you have already paid

* The club is committed to providing first class facilities for families and are still in consultation regarding the new family stand. If the stand was to be opened during this season, would families be prepared to transfer their season tickets to the new stand? Do people see any issues with this or have any comments / concerns?

** The pre-season tour of Ireland is as follows: 9th July -Althone Town / 13th July - Bray. Smurf is considering looking at negotiating special rates for Vale fans who want to to go the games if there is a demand. Let me know your thoughts

* Vale Park will be a cashless entry system as of the start of the new season. Tickets can be purchased from the ticket office on the day but there will be no cash turnstiles.

* Norman is currently looking at Northwood Stadium for the Vale Academy and some first team members to use.*

* Mickey Adams is actively recruiting new players (even throughout his holiday) with full support from Norman.

* Tommy Cheadles is to become a regular pub venue again, which will be open 2 to 3 nights per week. They're looking to host themed nights etc and will be open before and after matches (police permitting). Sky television is to be installed and Vale are interested in any up and coming local live bands, who would like to use the venue to showcase their music.

* I asked about wether there would be an open day this year and was asked to measure the demand from fans. So, would you like one? If so, what would you like to see there?

* Smurf would like some volunteer painters this Monday 17th June please. To paint some of the Lorne street stand. Please get in touch with me by email [email protected] or message me on Facebook.

* The next Supporters Club meeting is to be held on Thursday 20th June at 7:30pm in Tommy Cheadles. Norman will be in the audience, listening to what people have to say and having a pint. He assures me he isn't usually a drinker, but look what he's prepared to do for the good of the club!!

* Can supporters please email me your wish lists for what you would like to see at the club. (Sensible ones please!) Norman is committed to listening to the fans and providing a quality match day experience

Advert

How come the Lindley Catering deal is dead?

When is Micky back from holiday?

How many season tickets have been sold since the early bird offer ended?

As the club know who the 400 ST holders who have not renewed are, is there any plans by the club to contact these 400 people to get feedback as to why they haven't renewed?

Do we still need to sell 5000 ST or will Mickys budget be affected by the difference if we don't sell any more ST?

only 6 executive boxes left
..... how many did we start with?.... what do you get with the package?.... how much is it?

Lindley Catering deal is now dead
.... what killed it?.... whats replacing it?... whose oatcakes?

400 of last years season ticket holders did not renew
... has smurf asked the people who did not renew?

If anyone would like to upgrade to be a vp
... cost?... whats the package?

facilities for families
... what are they?

Vale Park will be a cashless
... there goes the passing trade unless the ticket office actually copes with demand... which it has failed to do in the past

Tommy Cheadles is to become a regular pub venue again
.... Oh dear.... I hope its better than the other times.

Thanks for the update.

I knew the Lindley deal was dead last week as my other half contacted them about wedding packages and they told her they were no longer dealing with Vale. I imagine that it is to do with Wildes leaving.

Sounds like Smurf is continuing the excellent work. He has started, though.

now the Lingly deal is dead and we now have oatcakes does that mean we are back with the old caters are back for weddings and parties or vale park not catering for them just oatcakes???????.

I think the Vale are looking for potencial caterers to tendor for the Contract...........

To answer one of Geo's points - a new ticket office is being built so it won't be the old one that has to 'cope'

And a more general observation - this update is a good idea and keeps us informed but I think its a bit much to expect/demand more detail and/or an explanation of each decision as some of the opening posts have.

Some things such as why a contract has been cancelled doesn't require the fine details of why it was relayed to the fans. Its NS's business, he is not beholden to explain every decision to us but he does at least opt to keep us informed (he doesnt have to)- that's fair enough to me.

I always found going to the ticket office a ****** nuisance (I have a ST for next season).

It didnt put me off, but I have no doubt it will put some people off and that is cash lost to the club. Perhaps a second matchday office (portacabin) at the opposite end of the ground?

* The club is committed to providing first class facilities for families and are still in consultation regarding the new family stand. If the stand was to be opened during this season, would families be prepared to transfer their season tickets to the new stand? Do people see any issues with this or have any comments / concerns?

I would transfer across, so me and 3 kids. I would like to see some sort of play area even if its just a bit where they could have a mini kick about (instead of in front of the paddock)

Archived