onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

supporters club update

If I am being honest I think the feedback via the SC twitter feed is not a very good idea.... as a source of updates it could be OK except it doesnt lend its self to responses.

I have no problem with smurf making statements without explanation, it leads to some confusion but its his business so he can run it how he thinks fit..... The catering deal is dead!.... fair enough... unless your thinking of sponsoring and included in the price is a catered meal.... we are having oatcakes!.... fair enough.... unless the 3 course meal you expected turns out to be 3 oatcakes.... Vale will be cashless!... bad choice of words but fair enough.... if people dont need to know any more why tell them....

If you are just making statements it seems a little counter productive to ask for feedback.... thats dialogue.... its 2 way... [smurf would like to know what stopped people from renewing.] [ Do people see any issues with this or have any comments / concerns?]

Advert

is it wise to have the family stand so close to the away fans now we have the likes of wolves, sheff u, coventry etc?

The Lorne street needs completing asap and consideration should be given for the ' family ' stand being the Bycars side of the Lorne street as being so close to the Hamil end will no doubt bring trouble that may put young kids off attending !

If I am being honest I think the feedback via the SC twitter feed is not a very good idea.... as a source of updates it could be OK except it doesnt lend its self to responses.

I have no problem with smurf making statements without explanation, it leads to some confusion but its his business so he can run it how he thinks fit..... The catering deal is dead!.... fair enough... unless your thinking of sponsoring and included in the price is a catered meal.... we are having oatcakes!.... fair enough.... unless the 3 course meal you expected turns out to be 3 oatcakes.... Vale will be cashless!... bad choice of words but fair enough.... if people dont need to know any more why tell them....

If you are just making statements it seems a little counter productive to ask for feedback.... thats dialogue.... its 2 way... [smurf would like to know what stopped people from renewing.] [ Do people see any issues with this or have any comments / concerns?]

I think it's brief notes that someone has noted down from a meeting so it's not going to be comprehensive. But it's good that we do get this information, in my opinion. After all, the previous boards were absolutely castigated for not informing the fans, NS said he would and has done. I think encouraging feedback from this statement is a good thing.

My earlier point is that there seems to be an expectation for the club to expand on every point to the "nth degree" but I don't think we should have that expectation. There is a limit to how much we should be told and how much we should be expected to be told.

To me, it's fair enough that I am told the catering deal is no more and a new one is in place. I don't need to know why it was cancelled and I am happy to wait until a new deal is announced. And I am happy to be asked whether I have any feedback on it because it's good that the club are taking note of what the fans want. If it turns out there are problems with the catering contract in the future then we have the opportunity to inform the club via the Supporters Club and for it to be raised in a future meeting.

I think some of the feedback is really useful for the club. Nick's post about a small ticket office/portacabin at the other side of the ground, for instance, is a decent suggestion that the club may not have considered before.

Is facebook the official internet outlet for Supporters Club media? That doesn't seem very inclusive.

Nipped onto the official supporters club website this morning, apparently the next meeting is the 11th April 2013. There is no report of the notes from the last two meetings either. I didn't receive an email informing me of this most recent meeting, despite being a member.

Do the committee actually care about its membership?

I always found going to the ticket office a ****** nuisance (I have a ST for next season).

It didnt put me off, but I have no doubt it will put some people off and that is cash lost to the club. Perhaps a second matchday office (portacabin) at the opposite end of the ground?

It will be interesting to see how many single/multi tickets are bought on line. I suppose the first test of the online system would be a home league cup match. These may reduce or increase the need for more ticket offices, only time will tell.

The Lorne street needs completing asap and consideration should be given for the ' family ' stand being the Bycars side of the Lorne street as being so close to the Hamil end will no doubt bring trouble that may put young kids off attending !

I don't agree at all. The family stand has been in that position at Stoke for years, and they're a right bunch of ****s. The distance between away fans and the potential family stand is still pretty big, just because of the spaced out layout of our ground along with that platform for the nursery sticking out. The family stand could not be placed in a better position than the Hamil end of the Lorne Street.

When the club was owned by the fans we were told next to nothing by *******s in the posh seats, it was all rumours and intrigue. Now the club is owned by a private individual who can tell us as little or much as he wants, we are getting plenty and regularly. For good reasons, especially to avoid losing potential signings, some things will be kept under wraps.

We seem to be getting a good deal. Rejoice in it!

Its a pity that the SC arent on the ball yet though , the website is very disappointing and very behind.

I think it's brief notes that someone has noted down from a meeting so it's not going to be comprehensive. But it's good that we do get this information, in my opinion. After all, the previous boards were absolutely castigated for not informing the fans, NS said he would and has done. I think encouraging feedback from this statement is a good thing.

My earlier point is that there seems to be an expectation for the club to expand on every point to the "nth degree" but I don't think we should have that expectation. There is a limit to how much we should be told and how much we should be expected to be told.

To me, it's fair enough that I am told the catering deal is no more and a new one is in place. I don't need to know why it was cancelled and I am happy to wait until a new deal is announced. And I am happy to be asked whether I have any feedback on it because it's good that the club are taking note of what the fans want. If it turns out there are problems with the catering contract in the future then we have the opportunity to inform the club via the Supporters Club and for it to be raised in a future meeting.

I think some of the feedback is really useful for the club. Nick's post about a small ticket office/portacabin at the other side of the ground, for instance, is a decent suggestion that the club may not have considered before.

He does fill in a few spaces does smurf.... unfortunately he leaves larger ones in his wake.

The catering deal is dead... [did we need to know that?].... fair enough so whats it been/being replaced with?.... has it been replaced?.... is it being replaced?... if I intend to have catering next season will I get it?....

I dont find it particularly useful to be told the catering contract is dead.... much rather be told a new catering contract is in place and there will be oatcakes and seafood salad on the menu.

If it is brief notes and not a smurf release it should have waited until he released it so we know exactly what he is saying.

To me, it's fair enough that I am told the catering deal is no more and a new one is in place.
... did I miss that?

Im simply saying that this approach is about as useful to the club as a concrete life jacket on the titanic.

I think it is very useful because it makes the fans feel that they are not being ignored. After what has gone before this is of major significance.

Its a step forward from mold but its still half hearted.... half a statement that leaves far more questions than it answers

I'd like to know how NS voted on the trial of safe standing areas at the recent Football League meeting. The vast majority of Football League clubs, as well as some Premier League clubs, now back it but does the Vale? Even if we don't have the resources to do it will the club be for or against it in principle?

All that was said the words used is the deal is DEAD and we will have oatcakes , Nothing was said about new catering statement the wrong way round .People will not book weddings and parties if they not no there is people there to cater , I love oatcakes but ii could not book a party , sad it will be a loss revenue to himself and the club

Archived