onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Are people genuinely happy with the season ticket prices?

Mattholl

My point is and I was using myself as an example (poorly it would seem) is that people on here are not the average fan. People on about my 999 credit rating, my savings account just for a season tickets etc isn't the norm with our fans.

We are, we just don't moan about it 24/7. We go when we can.

Advert

Matt - what attendance did you predict against Aldershot (I guessed at around 5,200 - I was wrong). What crowd did you guess against Northampton (I guessed at around 8,000 - I was wrong)

Those games were full price matches.

So I don't think the average fan is going to be put off paying £23 (isn't that just the Lorne Street BTW?) to watch games in League 1 when they've just paid it in League 2.

If Micky makes 'talisman signings' (like Lee Hughes in the last window) after the ST deadline then are you not going to wish you had just paid for a cheap ST?

Technically, the Aldershot game wasn't. It was part of the 'Double Delight' deal. I know, I took my kids to this game for that very reason.

Deano its my Bothdee soon, will you buy me a ST please....And you can come on me buzz free for a trip next season. Love, Jimmy..xx

Maybe you will get one with your birthday card from the queen.

Matt, you knew roughtly when season ticket prices were to be released and roughtly how much they were going to be, you advise people about credit cards and mortgages for a High Street bank, yet you haven't had the foresight to put £25 quid away a month to pay for your season ticket. Which bank do you work for I'll steer well clear.

BTW I regularly travel with about 20 Vale fans none of whom post on here and all are having ST's next season, 2 of which are not renewals, so in answer to the OP yes, very much so, I'm amazed that they are so cheap TBH.

Pay on the day is well too much.

I would buy a ST in a flash if I didn't work most saturdays. But it is definitely harsh expecting me to pay £10 a game more simply because I can't get to most games.

I would happily pay a reasonable price (£25-£30) for some sort of loyalty card, where you can get discounts off tickets and perhaps not have to wait until general sale for away/cup games etc...I'm not expecting the earth, I recognise that £13 is the ST offer, but if a loyalty card meant I could continue paying £20 a game or something then I would happily do it.

Just want a bit of consideration, it certainly feels like I'm being penalised as it stands.

I would buy a ST in a flash if I didn't work most saturdays. But it is definitely harsh expecting me to pay £10 a game more simply because I can't get to most games.

I would happily pay a reasonable price (£25-£30) for some sort of loyalty card, where you can get discounts off tickets and perhaps not have to wait until general sale for away/cup games etc...I'm not expecting the earth, I recognise that £13 is the ST offer, but if a loyalty card meant I could continue paying £20 a game or something then I would happily do it.

Just want a bit of consideration, it certainly feels like I'm being penalised as it stands.

Reading that RB,it looks like you'd be quite happy to see 60-70% of our fans penalised by increasing season ticket prices to a level where it compensates for loss of income on the gate.

Reading that RB,it looks like you'd be quite happy to see 60-70% of our fans penalised by increasing season ticket prices to a level where it compensates for loss of income on the gate.

In fairness, I believe most people think that the walk up price is a little steep. I'm very happy with the ST price and will get one even though I will probably miss 6/7 games.

In fairness, I believe most people think that the walk up price is a little steep. I'm very happy with the ST price and will get one even though I will probably miss 6/7 games.

But the comments,about being too high, are from someone who admits he can't get to most games and works most Saturdays?If we keep the price at £20,the budget we require will only be reached if we increase the price of season tickets,surely? Then we'd have most of the ST holders moaning.Correct balance, IMO,has been reached for a better product.( hopefully)

But the comments,about being too high, are from someone who admits he can't get to most games and works most Saturdays?If we keep the price at £20,the budget we require will only be reached if we increase the price of season tickets,surely? Then we'd have most of the ST holders moaning.Correct balance, IMO,has been reached for a better product.( hopefully)

I understand that. However, if someone is happy enough (as I am) to buy an ST, why should they be bothered about the walk up price? I believe that a watershed has been breached and will put folks off. Just my opinion.

I understand that. However, if someone is happy enough (as I am) to buy an ST, why should they be bothered about the walk up price? I believe that a watershed has been breached and will put folks off. Just my opinion.

I'm not sure it will put that many off to be honest TLV.It didn't put off you or myself paying some extra for a season ticket.Everyone should have expected to pay more,plus pay on the day will be aimed at away fans aswell.I'm not sure where we draw the line and expect to progress?

Interesting debate is the cost, the thing with football is you can't guarantee the quality of the product for your money, one thing I would say is if we have two home games on a Saturday/Tuesday a special double ticket needs to be sorted, £44 will be too much for most people in a week!

Interesting debate is the cost, the thing with football is you can't guarantee the quality of the product for your money, one thing I would say is if we have two home games on a Saturday/Tuesday a special double ticket needs to be sorted, £44 will be too much for most people in a week!

Depends who we're playing Tosh.:DI'm all for trying to help folk but at the end of the day they need to help themselves.£25 already in a jar for 2014/15.

But with a £30 loyalty card you would have to attend 15 games to break even, better to buy a ST.

Archived