onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Are people genuinely happy with the season ticket prices?

Mattholl

Well happy with price.

Would've liked to see some kind of initiative to get people signed up for the purchase of 2014/15 ST with DD.

Hope home pay-on-the-day fans will be offered something like two for £40(two separate matches).

V2001 got 6500 after relegation and a punt with a none-league manager. If we can't get at least 5000 after promotion, a proven Manager at the helm and the promise of funds for a promotion push from the chairman, then we'll never shake the tag of "little Port Vale"

Advert

Seems alright for everyone else to revert to insults rather than discuss the thread topic. Maybe because I'm not buying a season ticket Im not allowed to?

Point out where I have insulted you with remarks like that?

Remember attack the post not the poster.

Jesus! you really do not want to see anyone's point other than your own do you? I, along with the majority are SIMPLY stating that your constant moaning about the pricing is monotonous. You have a choice.......pay the fair season ticket price or pay at the gate if you are really interested In watching the Vale. Where is your problem?

Please explain to me exactly how I'm moaning at any point I asked a question based on conversations with other fans. I didn't say anything negative other than question whether its obtainable for a large number of fans and said potentially away games will be very good fun next year

Read the post before you embarrass yourself further

The fact you are even suggesting getting two credit cards out to get a season ticket is laughable. Great idea take out two lots of credit affecting your credit rating negatively and possibly the worst advice possible. If someone did that for a cooker or play station you would laugh them out

The fact you are even suggesting getting two credit cards out to get a season ticket is laughable. Great idea take out two lots of credit affecting your credit rating negatively and possibly the worst advice possible. If someone did that for a cooker or play station you would laugh them out

If you was to buy a cooker or a play station on instalments would you expect to pay interest on what is basically the loan?

You are completely wrong about credit cards and credit ratings. The more you have, the better your rating. I have 5 credit cards and have a rating of 999 on Experian.

Credit cards are not a bad thing. Irresponsible use of credit cards is a bad thing. It seems that many people are disappointed because they were expecting interest free payments in buying a season ticket. So I assume they could afford to pay for the ST monthly. TLV is simply suggesting a means by which people could do that. I don't actually see it as the worst advice possible. Last week I actually suggested getting a Tesco card at 0% for 16 months, buying your ST then cutting the card up so you aren't tempted to use it for anything else. It's a simple and cheap way around cash flow problems.

The bottom line is port vale is a business not a charity. I think the prices for a season ticket are fair yet also show some intent from smurf and wildes. A winning competitive team playing games against decent clubs will put bums on seats not season tickets at basement prices. I would much sooner pay slightly more and contribute to a higher playing staff budget if it meant we are going to successful!

Argue all day long long Matt.

Facts are in just over a week we have sold almost 2000.

Add to that the end of deadline rush and people like me and my family who will get one in due time.

You need to chill out pal.

Id rather sell 5000 STs at this price than 6000 at a cheaper one.

The price is fair. Very fair. I dare say youve spoken to, lets say, 60 people, max, who have said they wont buy one. Its the minority.

Its your negative posts and threads that come across as you being a 'Pain', for want of a better word.

Its a waste of time attacking OVF. Its also a minority. Ive realised that. The proof is in the sales and the sales have been extremely good so far.

You wont find me questioning a successful businessman worth millions........ But you can carry on if you want.

Matthol, I gave you one of the first responses to your question and 12 pages later pretty well everyone else has said the same to you - If you dunna want to pay for a ST dunna go.

But dont come on here bemoaning if the club dont get good results as without finance we cant improve the squad. Or do you really want someone else to pay out the dosh so you can get the benefit?

Jean (Jacko) has hown you a very easy way of getting a credit card offering 0% interest for 16 months, buying your ST, then cutting it up. Job done.

Basically the question I would ask you is - do you really want to go the Vale?

You are completely wrong about credit cards and credit ratings. The more you have, the better your rating. I have 5 credit cards and have a rating of 999 on Experian.

I think you will find that it's you who is completely wrong. You can have multiple credit cards and over time they will build up the rating. However applying for two inside a month would leave a negative imprint on the rating. The other problem could be that if anyone's rating isn't high they could be accepted for the first and withdraw the money for the season ticket (withdrawing cash being the highest possible interest rate on a cc) if they were then declined for a second due to duel applications in a month then they are left with a 305 debt on a card at possibly 40% interest. A very risky strategy for someone whose rating isn't great and the more likely of people who couldn't afford 305 quid are the ones whose credit rating might not be the highest. Obviously not in every case but still on the whole very likely.

Lets not even get started on the issue of whether they would even get accepted for an interest free credit card.

Having been an advisor on loans mortgages and credit cards for a high street bank for 3 years I'd say my understanding is pretty solid

Archived