onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Akpo Released

Advert

Can we all get over the ex player syndrome. We ended up with foyle as manager glover as manager and many others out of sentiment we have a brilliant new dawn . Trust in Mickey. Get over players from years ago.

But if they are good enough why not consider them. I am sure Micky would. No sentiment from me it's about what they add to the squad.

How is signing a player who use to play for us a step backwards? Akpo was one of the most popular players in a dismal decade, and is proven at the level we are going in to.

Just because he's already played for us does not make it a step backwards.

And if I see the quotes 'a pacy striker who can nip behind defenders' or 'a pacy centre half, chilvers is too slow' again I will cry.

There's more to football than pace.

Can we all get over the ex player syndrome. We ended up with foyle as manager glover as manager and many others out of sentiment we have a brilliant new dawn . Trust in Mickey. Get over players from years ago.

We need start a new era with new hero's we have pretty much started that already.

How is signing a player who use to play for us a step backwards? Akpo was one of the most popular players in a dismal decade, and is proven at the level we are going in to.

Just because he's already played for us does not make it a step backwards.

And if I see the quotes 'a pacy striker who can nip behind defenders' or 'a pacy centre half, chilvers is too slow' again I will cry.

There's more to football than pace.

I think people's sentiments are whether he would do that, improve the side. He will not be the player he was. We already have a vertran striker. Then Pope who isn't the youngest either. If we were to fill this role however it does seem we need player who will slot into league one easily

Just noticed that Akpo Sodge is one of the players released by Scunthorpe.

You've only to look at your headline. Managers DON'T release decent players who can still perform and who can offer the team/club asomething. Do we really need (with respect) Scunnie rejects????

I don't think there's anything wrong with signing an ex-player, as long as it's the right fit. It's all about the individual. But I don't think Sodje is the right player. He's had a million clubs since leaving us, well into his 30s, and I hardly think we're crying out for that kind of player. He was always technically dreadful, and given the years that have passed, he's likely to have slowed down a bit. I'd be thoroughly uninspired if he was a target.

He did well at Vale in his spell here, but I don't think he was anywhere near as good as people thought at the time. He was an athlete, very useful defensively and had a great partnership with Constantine, but he was a shockingly bad footballer and that will not have changed. We did very well for goals output from him, even though he was greatly helped by that one game against Rotherham. He hasn't scored anywhere near as many in any other season, and it's hardly going to happen now.

You've only to look at your headline. Managers DON'T release decent players who can still perform and who can offer the team/club asomething. Do we really need (with respect) Scunnie rejects????

Not so sure about that. I wasn't suggesting that Vale should sign him, I just spotted he'd been released and thought it was worth letting people on OVF know about it. Leeds have also released David Somma today, who is somebody It might be worth considering, though he has had a dreadful time with injuries in the last 18 months.

He's just been released by a club relegated to L2. What does that tell you?

His wages are too big, he's made it clear he wouldn't sign a contract so they haven't bothered offering one, he's a "problem in the dressing room - plenty of possible reasons.

The tune would be different on here if we signed someone from a relegated League 1 side!

I heard today, that Watford are looking at Williamson.

What a load of rubbish.

Why would they be looking at League Two (soon to be League One) players when they could be playing Premier League football next season and have extensive links to Udinese?

Archived