onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Tiny

Woodward

What a horrible little man, and an awful team. How anyone can pay good money to see that lot is beyond me.

Dreadful on MOTD. No interviews with Adam, Tiny? Thank God for that. One of the dirtiest players in the Prem, playing for the dirtiest team in the Prem. No loss there.

Advert

What a horrible little man, and an awful team. How anyone can pay good money to see that lot is beyond me.

Dreadful on MOTD. No interviews with Adam, Tiny? Thank God for that. One of the dirtiest players in the Prem, playing for the dirtiest team in the Prem. No loss there.

:yes:

And why would you not pay good money to watch it as a Stoke fan you support your team if you can afford it don't you

Its hardly good entertaining football though is it? ie How can anyone pay good money to see that lot.You only need to listen to your own fan's thoughts about it.Even Bean pole laughed at himself for his miss.How much is he paid,how many has he scored?Is it just one player reached double figures with his goal tally and only just made double figures with 10.

So you don't pay to support your team if you're not happy with the brand of football on offer? They say Stoke and Vale fans are fickle, ever likely with that attitude melv........

Stoke don't offer football according to a lot of Stoke fans.Some who call into radio Stoke and some who I know and have stopped going

Well I reckon he's done enough to secure his job for another season :rollonthefloor:

Another 38 matches of getting neck ache for Stoke fans watching some thuggish defender lump the ball forward to a tall/thuggish (delete as appropriate) lone striker in the hope of winning a set piece they can use to send a load of tall/thuggish (delete as appropriate) players into the box to create a goalmouth scramble and score a tap in. Then change to 5-5-0 formation for the rest of the game to hold out for 1-0.

All while having spent more in the summer than Man U.

Couple of points....why was that studs up both feet off the floor dangerous tackle not a red card....and why was the goal given when it was clearly a foul on the Norwich defender who was clearly manhandled with a wrestling hold and shirt pull to create the space for Adam?

Because its the Stoke way.Had the correct action been taken Pulis would have had another whinge claiming that decisions always go against Stoke.

Appears to me that Tony Pulis on a sliding scale of priorities his objectives are as follows

NUMBER 1 Save my own job

10 Play entertaining attractive football

Please feel free to fill in the gaps !

2 bore 20k fans to death

3 set a record for bore draws

4 spend as much money as poss on defenders

5 play rugby

6 be the most successful welsh manager ever

7 set a record for blaming everyone bar stoke city

8 assemble the dirtiest team ever

9 make floating fans want to see real football and go to the vale

Awful in terms of entertainment, but let them get on with it.

In fairness, its the embodiment of the instructions a small team get in an FA Cup tie against more skilful and higher-level opponents - scrap, scrap, kick, fight, play the percentages, long ball, scrap, dive, push,scrap and forget skill - and if they get a result everyone loves it. But maybe not for 38 league games thanks.

I don;t blame him though for the interview ban, players and others have to concentrate and they often put their foot in it - look how we have suffered in recent times with Ryan Burge, the Gannon Aldershot, Exodus racism, Blue Sky, Mo Chaudry, Keith Ryder, Bill Bratt Harlequin investment, that New York guy whose name escapes me and other episodes we could have done without (regardless of who was right or wrong for now). So for Pulis to focus his players entirely on staying up is reasonable.

I suspect that what will happen is their ST sales will plummet, and gates will drop anyway and next season will see a very hard relegation fight. He's done his handiwork for this season - and I certainly think that if they replaced him with the current set of players they would be points adrift at the bottom next season.

Archived