onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Adam Yates

cheeky

There's lots of threads about Popey (rightly so) and the fact a local lad is helping us toward promotion, but let's not forget another local lad and Vale fan who has been without question, one of our best players for the last month or two.

Adam Yates, often a fans fall guy (unjustly), but has been tremendous, not only recently but also earlier in the season when asked to play out of position at Left Back. He must be equally as proud as Popey to have played his part this season. It was apparent yesterday how much it meant to him.

How good is it to have two Vale fans in the team that has done so well along with another local lad Birchall? Unusual in this day and age :yes:

Advert

Absolutely.

Ive stuck up for Yatesy from day 1.

Moaned at for his delivery when infact people should be commenting on his defensive attributes which are superb.

For me, Adam Yates is the best 'Defender' we have at the club. And after all, thats what he is the to do, not bomb down the wing and supply wonderballs.

Mr consistant. Never lets you down and improving with every season.

Well Done Adam.

Absolutely.

Ive stuck up for Yatesy from day 1.

Moaned at for his delivery when infact people should be commenting on his defensive attributes which are superb.

For me, Adam Yates is the best 'Defender' we have at the club. And after all, thats what he is the to do, not bomb down the wing and supply wonderballs.

Mr consistant. Never lets you down and improving with every season.

Well Done Adam.

His crossing has been alright this year too.

I was going to write a similar thread. Yates has been outstanding in recent weeks. Far better than Duffy, he's got real passion and fight and it looks to me like his crossing has improved as has his pace. Well done Adam

Along with you, I have championed Yatesey all season. Some were critical of him compared to Duffy earlier on but they now must be eating their words. Yates has consistently been one of the men of the match and his workrate, covering and breaking up of opposition moves has, sometimes been missed. His added dimension of being able to run down the line and cross fantastic balls in has now made him one of the "musts to secure for next season." There are many times during a game when Adam has been faced with a massive gap infront of him, when midfielders fail to come back and cover, but he has done magnificently in seeing off danger. True, he still has small lapses in distribution but I for one wish to thank him whole heartedly for his efforts this campaign. Pope gets major headlines for his goals, no problem with that but I believe the Vale squad all feel that Yates has been the most improved Star of the Season. May it long continue. Yates would also look better if he had a commanding, athletic, ball winning centre half alongside him as would then be able to spend more time in helping midfield out, rather than worrying about the things going on around him!

Yates has been very steady all year. When asked to cover left back he did it very well.

He was man of the match by a country mile yesterday outstanding.

He probably won't get player of the season but he is the most consisitent.

Well done Yatesy

Yates has been very steady all year. When asked to cover left back he did it very well.

He was man of the match by a country mile yesterday outstanding.

He probably won't get player of the season but he is the most consisitent.

Well done Yatesy

WOuld be nice to see pope get player of the year and yates get the chairmans award.

I've never understood the criticism of Yates, he's a really steady full back at our level.

I got a lot of stick early in the season for sticking up for Adam but he has been a rock this season, either at left back or as at recently playing right back. Both Adam and Tom love playing for the club as does Birchy. Yes Yates does deserve some plaudits he has earned the right for the praises he has recently been getting.

IMO the arrival of Duffy has helped Yates because I always felt he was not pushed for his shirt last season & he may have rested on his laurels without knowing it. He lost his place and as previously stated looked as though he could have been on his way out of the club. But give him respect, he has battled for his place, come back playing out of position and did well before reverting to RB. He looks sharper, fitter, quicker and without a doubt loving the challenge.

Well done to the lad.

Archived